January fitness

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: January fitness

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve done today’s HIIT. Still to do: yesterday’s Pilates & Saturday’s HIIT. I expect I’ll get a chance to catch up this week. I’m only going to go to the gym if I get a negative LFT just before the class. I think I’ll miss in person Pilates too because J is away and has arranged cover and I don’t feel like behaving myself for the supply teacher.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did Pump 118 this morning.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Calisthenics this AM. I got some feedback on my headstands but they're looking good and I can do a fair amount of leg movement in my shoulder stand now.

I still can't get up on the rings by myself, but I did do a birds nest for the first time. I'm glad I've been doing crabs/bridges at the gym recently.

Planning a run later but it's time dependent.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m a bit peeved that I’ve just realised the Tough Mother thing is workout for workout exactly the same as last year so far. It’s cost a fair bit so I’d like some variety. Although it’s easier in that I’ve got the workouts written out already - they’re easier to refer to from a notebook than a screen that goes off.

Today was another accumulator. I used my 8kg KB on the V sits.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Oh dear. Is it just the workouts or are other things included?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Oh, that’s a bit disappointing.

Today will likely be a rest day for me. I’m getting my nails done before work instead.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Well, the FB group is generally nice & supportive. There’s nutritional advice that I often ignore.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I guess you have your answer for next time though, unless the support itself is worth paying for.

Gym this morning for barbell squats, KB sumo squats and floor work/headstands, then 4 RPM tracks at lunchtime before I had to scarper back to work!

Never did do that run yesterday and feel I’ve done enough to not bother moving it to today!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Spirit and Pilates this evening.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Step Remix 2 this morning. I love this one, it’s a tough but fun one - 470 cals burned. What a way to start Friday!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That's a bit off, Pip.

I walked twice yesterday and we managed a run tonight.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Gym this morning and a lunchtime run. I can't make the gym this evening so did my usual Friday evening calisthenics. I'm definitely more flexible at 6pm than 6am. :mrgreen:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve been out to BodyPump & Balance. It was easier this week after all the hiit & stuff since last Friday.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Pump 105 today. I forgot how tough the lunge track was in that release!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Sproglette bailed on me so I did a Sprint class. We’re still going on a 5 mile walk though.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Spirit class this morning, seemed to go OK on my injured toe with a few adjustments on my usual transitions between poses, so I think it’s only sprained/bruised and not broken.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve done day 8’s HIIT that I’d previously missed. It was longer than expected, so I’ve still got yesterday and today to catch up on. :)) I’ve done some complicated planning of my week to try to fit everything in. It’s another reason not to do it again, I already have enough going on most of the time, and the exercises are too often just that bit too repetitive but also too different in timings to bundle into one longer workout.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve done this morning’s HIIT, which as predicted was the outdoor shuttle run one. She still has “for time” on the instructions, which is bonkers as we’re all running different distances. :shrug: And that’s before you even get to all the people asking for modifications to the other exercises. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve also been to Dance Step now.

The gym’s prices are going up by £10/month, which is a big hike, but I did get a very good introductory rate. Now I’m able to book any class and use the gym; before it was classes only. I could a good deal on my phone plan recently so I’m going to suck up the difference for the year, but if it goes up by similar next year I’ll be giving it some real thought.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That is a lot Pip. Do you use the centre enough to warrant the price? I think I have to do more than 5 classes a month to get my moneys worth compared to PAYG. I think you'd probably need to decide if you want to go or would prefer to workout at home.

We walked to and from the gym and did RPM 85.

I walked yesterday.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.