Testing times - Covid in 2022

Ismee

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by Ismee »

I had a negative test yesterday but a positive one again this morning.🙄

TBL had a really high temperature in the night and was feeling terrible but has brightened up this morning.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I don’t believe I’ve had it- every time I’ve had a reason to test (e.g yesterday because I went to the cinema and a negative test is needed) they’ve come back negative.

However I think it’s now a question of when I get it not if. There were nearly 7,500 new cases in our local area and nearly 190,000 cases nationwide. At least everything remains open (with certificates of vaccines, testing) etc so life is bearable. But when it comes to close contacts, I’m keeping the number of people very small in terms of who I see etc. and for the most part people you come into daily contact are wearing masks and keeping distance.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Poor TBL, Is. It’s horrible for them. And you. Sorry about your boomerang test.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ruby wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:22 am We've all had it and we're all vaxxed up to the maximum available.

I am making plans - and I've booked a holiday for summer. I don't think it's 'over' but I do think we should be moving to a new phase.

I am currently obsessed with stories of vocal antivaxxers getting Covid and dying. :look: I keep wondering if it will have a demographic impact.
Like those Darwin awards :look:

I am quite tempted to book a holiday too. Like you, I think we're in a different stage rather than being over. If it ever really will be over anyway.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luce

Post by Luce »

I’m in the never-had-it-but-had-more-tests-than-hot-dinners camp.

T and F have also seemingly both never had it. F surprises me the most; he’s a 13 year old boy in school who’s hobby seems to be snogging girls outside of his bubble. He has had 2 jabs but it feels a bit like he’s in the medical marvel camp. Theo had it in October and we all managed to avoid getting it from him - verified by PCRs.

T and I both work from home so easier for us to avoid.

Since the second lockdown ended we’ve very consciously lived our lives. We’ve gone on holidays, gone to the cinema, the gym, gone to peoples’ houses, let the kids have sleepovers etc. This has meant we’ve had a high ratio of cancelling things last minute and I still don’t know if the damage done by that has been worth it. But at the same time, we’ve managed holidays abroad. So maybe.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Ruby wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:22 am
I am currently obsessed with stories of vocal antivaxxers getting Covid and dying. :look: I keep wondering if it will have a demographic impact.
I read something (she says vaguely) about it having had such an impact on Trump's fan/voter base that it would mean he would fail in 2024. Silver linings etc.

Also not had it, and neither has J but I'm still being ultra cautious, and will be til I get to Israel in a couple of weeks :fc: After that, I'm going to try to relax a little.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

cluefree wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:43 am Poor TBL, Is. It’s horrible for them. And you. Sorry about your boomerang test.
He came into my room at 4am and told me that everything is sideways. :love: which meant that he was dizzy. He is 9 and doesn't really say cute stuff anymore (like when he used to call upside down - side up a down) so I am loving that.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

WAH! That is the cutest thing ever. :hbeat: I’m sorry he felt sideways though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve had it twice, the boys once and MrTex not at all. He must be another medical miracle.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I am same like Bean.

I have booked to go back into the office from mid Febuary for once a week unless somene forces me to go in before then or work more frequently on site. I think that's unlikely though. I am forcing myself to do it because it's becoming a big thing in my head and I could easily allow myself to never leave the house again. I do food shopping in person and spend time with friends but we're all testing beforehand. I'm not interested in going to pubs or venues but I am hoping to work at Glastonbury this year.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Interesting!

I haven’t had it yet, but I’m not exactly in a high risk job or anything. I’m sure we’ll all get it eventually.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:07 pm
I read something (she says vaguely) about it having had such an impact on Trump's fan/voter base that it would mean he would fail in 2024. Silver linings etc.
I want this to be true SO MUCH.
The Vagin Mary
The Baarometer of Style

Post by The Vagin Mary »

:yes:

Yep Hermain cain awards and sorry anti vaxxers.
All dying to own the libs. :ella: In some cases both parents dying leaving their children orphans, majority cases won’t take the vaccine but will take horse deworming tablets, then they get sick, harassing hospital staff , asking for prayer warriors and when they die without insurance set up go fund me page for funeral costs. Now some have turned on Trump because he is telling them to take the vaccine he was recently booed at one of his rallies. I could go on :woteva:

My family all had it December 2020, my mum and I were in hospital, I’m still on blood thinners for blood clot’s. My department there was no home working at all through the whole pandemic. We are frontline for local government and classed as essential workers. But everyone else throughout the company was working from home :bitter:
Disco-Yes vagina, it's called a telephone
Barb- I agree, however your norks are smaller than I had imagined and you've got a head
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I had it bad in September 2020, as the second wave began to hit. By some kind of miracle A has managed not to catch it, and R got the milder version at the same time as me, but at university. We are all vaxxed and boosted.

I am in constant contact at this point, it's just a constant cycle of outbreaks at work and our hospital is basically staffed by the army due to so many staff off sick.

Lateral flow tests have proved time and time again to be very unreliable, I have zero trust in them now. Much like I have zero trust in the government really.
Heartsick.blog
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

The Vagin Mary wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:29 pm My family all had it December 2020, my mum and I were in hospital, I’m still on blood thinners for blood clot’s.
Fucking hell, Vag. I had no idea. How long were you in for? I would also be very bitter about being front line and unprotected.

I knew Bendy had had it bad. How are you now?
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Sorry to hear you were so sick with it, Vag!

Mr O is another medical marvel who has never knowingly had it even when the rest of us had it a year ago.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Vag, that’s awful! How do you feel now?
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Vag, I am really sorry you were so sick and the after effects are so bad. Ugh. This is a bit why the endemic not pandemic view concerns me. It still makes some people so I'll and cannot be taken lightly.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Bloody hell, Vag!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Blimey Vag, how scary!
Last edited by sally maclennane on Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse