Testing times - Covid in 2022

olive
Really Creepy

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by olive »

I fly a lot with work and the only thing that has made it ok has been everyone in masks on flights and in airports. I will keep masking though.

I’ve noticed more people staring when I wipe down my seat and tray table though. I did this pre covid too but it didn’t seem to attract as many eye rolls as it does now. :ella:
viggy

Post by viggy »

Doesn’t the airline give you wipes to do exactly that? What else are people doing with the wipes?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Do they? I’ve never been given them other than for hands (but have taken my own for years).
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

You guys are getting given wipes on planes??
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

We get tiny hand wipes on planes here when you board but only since COVID. I guess most people dump them in their bags or wipe their hands only. I also carry a travel pack of planet killing wipes to clean surfaces.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've always taken my own wipes and wiped everything down. Planes are filthy.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I also do it on trains because people are disgusting. I know and I don’t care.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Oh I don't dispute the need for them, and also carry my own, but have never been given one on a plane other than a tiny one after a meal to clean up (on the odd occasion I'm not on a budget airline!).
viggy

Post by viggy »

The past couple of times I’ve been on an plane I’ve been given a wee sachet of hand sanitiser and a wipe at the same time - I assumed they wouldn’t both be for my hands so I used the wipe to do my tray table etc.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

This is so bloody depressing. I'm still testing positive. Not just a faint pink line either. If it were a faint line, after all this time, I'd be inclined to ignore it. But these two last tests have given a much stronger line than I had at the beginning.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

What day are you on, OTH?

Just taking a moment for the irony that after spending over two years being super cautious to protect my parents, my mum came over with what had been branded in advance as “a bit of a cold” on Sunday, I assumed (SILLY ME) that the cold had been ascertained by the medium of an LFT, arrived looking like death, later admitted she’d been really rough and hadn’t slept for days, hadn’t done a test as “she knew it wasn’t covid”. I went mad at her once I realised, tried to make her do a test at my house, she refused, and told her how irresponsible she was, and she was full on boomer style incredulous at me like I was the fucking crazy one.

AND, here we are, a few days later all now have covid apart from Tupac (but it’s imminent as he is coughing now), poor little Biggie is particularly rough (he spent most of the afternoon on Sunday sat on her lap, so it stacks) and my parents are claiming that it’s nothing to do with them. My dad won’t test as he has no symptoms and my mum has apparently done a negative test, but I take no reliance in that as she could have been day 5/6 and testing negative by that point anyway.

We had friends round on Saturday but they all tested negative beforehand, (as, hahaha, I wanted to make sure we weren’t putting my parents at risk for the following day), we were all in the garden and they have all recently recovered from covid in the last month or so. I’ve messaged them all and they are all fine/testing negative still.

I’m so furious, the fucking wankers. Honestly, our relationship keeps getting more and more fragile with their dick old people behaviour and they keep just fucking things up more and more.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Why won't they test? :verm: Honestly. Old people!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Pov, what the hell! I'm so sorry.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Deep breathing Pov (and I hope you all feel better soon). My Mum is the same - turned up the evening before my niece's wedding complaining of a scratchy throat for the past couple of days but had she done a test? Had she buggery. I had to stand over her til she did one (negative), and she accused me of bullying her.

If I did, she bloody well deserved it!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

She did! Good grief.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Bloody hell, Pov! It’s just so irresponsible and utterly avoidable. I hope you are all better very soon.

My dad tests if I ask him to but he’s always a bit grudging and wouldn’t do it of his own accord. He’s been super cautious too - it jus doesn’t make sense.

I wonder if it comes from a place of not wanting to miss out after so many restrictions. Or not wanting to be dictated to. Meh. Who knows what goes on in their heads :shrug:
Last edited by Edith Bacon on Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ooh Pov that is beyond annoying. It’s completely irresponsible and I totally get why you’re so hacked off with the attitude and the behaviour!

Hope you all feel better soon.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Oh, Pov! How annoying. I hope you all recover soon.

I wrote down my dates earlier so that R could ask the pharmacist for advice when he goes in to buy another batch of tests. It's ridiculous. I tested a very weak positive on 30th March, after we got back from R's birthday bash in the UK. The following morning I got a much stronger result, but still pink rather than red/black. We had tested negative on 28th, but tested again because R was feeling pretty rough with 'a cold'. His tests showed negative throughout, but we assumed that, because I was testing positive, he had it too - so isolated together for a week. By 6th, my test was pretty weak and, by 8th, almost invisible, except if you held the strip up to the light. I'd had absolutely no symptoms.

We opened up the shop on Saturday 9th, and were in again with our manager, S, on Monday 11th. Then, last Tuesday (12th), R woke up feeling really shitty. He didn't get up at all, or eat, all day. I tested him in the evening, and got a very strong positive result. So, whatever he had the previous week, it wasn't Covid after all. Unfortunately, he had also managed to infect S, so she's been off work all week.

Then I woke up feeling really shit on Good Friday. Having just 'recovered' from Covid, I assumed it was a cold but, as R was due to come out of isolation, we did a couple of tests on Sunday. His was, predictably, a very weak positive, indicating that he was recovering - but mine gave a really strong positive. And again today. That's three weeks ... with a few of days of 'nearly negative' in between.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I saw this and thought of you OTH

Covid: Woman caught virus twice within record 20 days https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-61161529

Your parents are very frustrating Pov, I hope you all feel better soon.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Oh, Povvo :rage:

I hope you, A and the boys feel better soon.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.