Testing times - Covid in 2022

Turtle Bean

Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by Turtle Bean »

I still have not had it and neither has Zirk. I should be taken away and studied as a medical miracle.

How are you all managing as we move into a slightly different phase? I'm back to the office two days a week shortly and I am looking forward to it to be honest. I think being home all the time hasn't been great for my mental health. I am isolating myself more than I need to and need to make more of an effort.
Princess Morripov

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by Princess Morripov »

Same! :medicalmiracle:

I think I am a bit similar and maybe should make an effort to go to the office but it now feels like an enormous massive thing in terms of effort and it shouldn’t be. In the mean time I’ll spend another 6 months thinking by about it in my home office :lol:
Skips

Post by Skips »

Same! And I've been around people that have had it; J and three people at work (other people at work have had but it was either before they or I started).

I dont want to to get too complacent though, one of the people at works husband didn't think he could get it and was all smug and two weeks ago he had a positive LFT.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Apart from Elvis we’ve also avoided it (as far as we know).

I’m going back to offices more because of our new project than restrictions easing. Our new client held all our initial meetings via Teams but are keen to do some face to face meetings asap.

I was just on a bus and pleased to see the majority still wearing masks. I’ll continue with masks and LFTs as needed, and keep my fingers crossed for our trip to France in April.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I’m still covid-y and so is the bebé. Pete has a negative test! We’ve been isolating since last Thursday and I still have a way to go, judging by my LFT this morning. I actually just want to cry and maybe do some primal screaming.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I’m going to donate A to science because he hasn’t caught it yet. He is a medical miracle like Bean and Pov. Also he is getting on my nerves.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think it’s entirely likely you have had it, but it’s been asymptomatic and/or undetectable by the regular LFTs. Not as a conspiracy theorist, just that I had it while testing negative and Chunk was asymptomatic. And the symptoms have shifted.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I haven't had it as far as I'm aware, and avoided catching it when S had Delta, and my sons had Omicron (despite some contact).

Watch me test positive now...
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I did wonder if the absolutely horrendous cough I had a couple of months ago was it but I tested negative all through.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I haven't had it either, unless the flu I had in 2020 before testing was possible was it. Neither have P and the children (and they didn't catch my flu either).
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I haven't had it, but that's not incredibly surprising given our lifestyle.

We're going to dinner with non-family members tonight (but have been to restaurants a couple of times already), and are having an overnight guest for the first time since pre-pandemic next weekend.
Beena

Post by Beena »

No-one here has had it either. Even J's superflu which required two home visits from the GP was negative.

I'm surprised Bambs has escaped so far, given the behaviour of most customers she deals with. She's challenged on a daily basis for wearing a mask by idiots who don't like reminding they're not on holiday from Covid.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I haven't had it, as far as I know. I've had a really shitty cold this week with a vile cough but my PCR was negative, and I have done LFTs in the last few days too, which have also been negative.

Work wise, I'm mainly at home still, and like you Bean, I'm getting a bit isolated which isn't good for me. I can go into the office, and its pretty well managed there, we book desks and it's well spaced. I do go out though, I don't mind shopping, I am going to a restaurant tonight and I've been to beauticians and the hairdresser.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Oh, Cluef, I hope you all get your freedom soon.

Two more for the "never knowingly had it" corner here. I am also in the "never done a PCR test" corner and, now the travel testing rules have buggered off, I have a decent chance of keeping it like that.

Mr R's flight back from Zurich was full of Swiss teens on some kind of group trip. Minus the one who, after a lot of gesturing between the cabin crew an accompanying adult, was taken off and the pilot said it was because she had a medical issue and was removed for the safety of other passengers. So, you know, axe-wielding murderer or covid. :uhh:

UNSURPRISINGLY he was then pinged by T&T two days after he got back but he tested negative on all home LFTs and on his own Day 2 official test so all good and hurrah for a good mask.

I'm at home a lot more just because that's where my work is but I've been to the theatre and concerts and the odd pub etc. Right now, I mostly care about making it to Egypt at the end of Feb. There will be an exclusion zone around our departure date when I will be extra careful because fucking hell if I make it this far and get it then, furious would not cover it.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I can go into the office if I want, and it's spacious with sensible guidelines in place, but I haven't yet this year. I think I'll start going in for at least a day a week soon as I do enjoy being there.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

I'm almost 100% Mr D and I (and our whole group of close friends) had it in late Feb 2020. We were all really ill with a horrendous cough that stayed for weeks. When Jake had it 6 months later, we didn't get it, despite lots of cuddles and close contact. However, now I'm not so sure I haven't caught it. Joe has Covid and we haven't made him isolate. I've just taken Jake to his PCR test and I have an appointment this afternoon. I'm feeling rather chesty, have a blocked nose and just feel achey. Who knows...
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I suspect that we had covid back in March 2020 - pre-tests though so we'll never know.

G just had his second vaccine this morning and was so happy that he got a sticker (they didn't get stickers at the mass school vaccination).
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

As far as I’m aware, we haven’t had it yet. There’s been 2-3 times I’ve been sure we had we it, but testing wasn’t available, so who knows?

Office wise, I did 1-2 days a week last year and really enjoyed it; I’m looking forward to the office reopening in a month’s time (they’re using the time to refurbish it).

I’m starting to make a lot more plans to go out before. Even pre COVID I rarely went out (thanks to a clingy baby), so I’m very keen to reactivate my social life and see all the people.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I don’t think I’ve had it unless it was Christmas 2019, when it wasn’t supposed to have arrived yet. I had something flu-ey with shortness of breath that lasted a couple of weeks then.

We’re supposed to be back in the office on the same terms as pre the autumn shutdown (2-ish days per week) from Monday, but my team’s part of the building is being refurbished for better hybrid-ing so we’ve a stay of execution for a week or so.
Last edited by H1ppychick on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

We've all had it and we're all vaxxed up to the maximum available.

I am making plans - and I've booked a holiday for summer. I don't think it's 'over' but I do think we should be moving to a new phase.

I am currently obsessed with stories of vocal antivaxxers getting Covid and dying. :look: I keep wondering if it will have a demographic impact.