Cerise

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by Cerise »

:mog: :mog:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

:lol:. Lovely boy 💙
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mischief

Post by mischief »

I have just tested positive again. I have no symptoms and only tested as I was going to see my parents. I'm really upset as I haven't seen them since Christmas as the last time I was due to go over I had only been negative for a week and they barred me as my stepdad was due to go into hospital. I didn't get it once during the worse phase. The only place I could have got it was the football last weekend
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Oh, mischief, I feel your pain. I've just tested positive again too. We needed to know whether I was fit to go back into the shop and to my Tourism course tomorrow, and I'm not. The test line came up within seconds. I've been testing positive, on and off, for over three weeks.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Have you tested negative at all between that OTH?

Well, it’s day 6, and Tupac has just tested positive. :cry:

I thought he might be a covid superhuman and swerve it, but he hasn’t. He’s taken it very well though, bless him.

Just shows though, as he had a party on Saturday and a friend offered to pick him up and take him as he was negative, and it just didn’t sit right with me knowing we all had it and that I’d feel terrible if he tested positive a couple of days later. So at least I know I’ve done the right thing.

My ridiculous parents finally text last night announcing they hadn’t heard from us, hoped we had had a nice weekend (!!) and that they definitely still didn’t have covid (despite not testing) so we must have caught it somewhere else. So I think I’ll just spend this morning getting them both a psychiatric assessment. :ruby:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Princess Morripov wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:45 am Have you tested negative at all between that OTH?
Yes! Otherwise I'd be inclined to assume that it just hadn't gone away. I wrote the dates down for R so that he could ask the pharmacist for advice when he went to pick up a (non-related) prescription. HSE advice is just to self-isolate for 7 days from the onset of symptoms or positive test result, then take extra care (not mixing with too many people, wear mask, etc.) for another 3 days, but that doesn't really seem appropriate in my case.

So, I originally tested positive on Wednesday 30th March. R had a vile cold, so we both isolated together, although he was testing negative. I had absolutely no symptoms at all, but continued to get a weak positive result until Friday 8th. Then it cleared up and we all went back to work, etc. On Tuesday 12th, R woke up feeling awful. He stayed in bed all day and we did a couple of Covid tests when I got home from work. He was positively radioactive! The positive test line came up within seconds. So, whatever he had when we got back from the UK, it wasn't Covid. My test on 12th was negative.

On Friday 15th, Good Friday, I woke up feeling ghastly. Since I'd had Covid, I assumed it was a cold. Even so, I didn't feel like doing anything or going out anywhere. We did a couple of tests on Easter Sunday, just to check how R was getting on. He got a weak positive, but mine came up within seconds. I've done two more tests since and they're just as strong as ever. I'm full of congestion and quite tired (for me). Totally different experience than the first dose.

Your parents are total bellends.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Princess Morripov wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:45 am
Just shows though, as he had a party on Saturday and a friend offered to pick him up and take him as he was negative, and it just didn’t sit right with me knowing we all had it and that I’d feel terrible if he tested positive a couple of days later. So at least I know I’ve done the right thing.
You absolutely did, and I wish more people would be so responsible.
My ridiculous parents finally text last night announcing they hadn’t heard from us, hoped we had had a nice weekend (!!) and that they definitely still didn’t have covid (despite not testing) so we must have caught it somewhere else. So I think I’ll just spend this morning getting them both a psychiatric assessment. :ruby:
Ok wow. I know the word "gaslighting" is overused, but... :look:.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Apparently what’s done is done and I just need to move on :lol: anyway, pretty sure I get to make that decision!

I’ve sent a very long message back that I’ve reread 469 times, and edited to remove anything that can be inferred as aggressive (they’ve proven previously to not read things properly and pick out keywords they don’t like and just focus on them :old people: and lose the context completely). I’ve muted the chat now so I’m not panicking as to what the response is if my phone lights up and I’ll just check when I can actually be bothered.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Jesus, Pov. I don’t know how you haven’t gone on a murderous rampage. I feel furious on your behalf.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I've not known old people to be dicks like this. I'm sorry they've chosen to be so stupid and cruel, Pov.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Pov, your bloody parents! I am livid on your behalf and that of your family. I get that they don't want people 'telling' them what to do (the Age thing) but they're being wreckless with your health, let alone theirs. They can decide to be laissez-faire with Covid but that doesn't mean that they make that decision for the rest of you.

OTH, the constant testing positive is infuriating! Is it worth taking a PCR?

My friend with cancer did get Covid :ella: and he blames me (jokingly) despite going on an aeroplane and into an airport & everything. Still, fortunately he wasn't very ill and it was also good for him ironically as it got highlighted that he wasn't on a list of vulnerable people who had been given another booster!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

T’s grade is rife with covid at the moment and I’m getting worried as I’m travelling to Canada next week and I can’t see if they still require a test to leave the country. I’m paranoid I’ll get stuck out there. :cry:
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Olive, I think you just need to have proof of being fully vaccinated and show no symptoms.
Little My

Post by Little My »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:47 pm Olive, I think you just need to have proof of being fully vaccinated and show no symptoms.
Yes, I believe that's been the case since April 1st. So much easier!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Pov, I am furious on your behalf.

OTH, I hope you start to feel better soon.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Just now I had one of those prick bus drivers who pretends they can’t hear a word you’re saying because you’re wearing a mask, so I spoke to him like Susan from the Terry Pratchett books (IN CAPITALS), and he shat himself :)).
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

A lot of restrictions are being lifted here from Sunday- no more having to show vaccination status and proof of ID for events like concerts and cinemas and masks are only required on public transport, though I suspect many people would still like to wear them and keep distance too. And the self isolation period is reducing from 5 to 10 days as well
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Yes, strictly speaking, masks aren't required in most settings here, anymore, but loads of people still wear them. I think we've proved their efficacy in the shop. S and I still wear them most of the time around A, as her father is in a vulnerable category and it doesn't bother us to do so. It turned out that I had probably been positive for at least a day or so, while working with A, and she didn't catch it. Yet, when A isn't in, we don't tend to bother and R passed it on to S before he had symptoms. Last week, three out of four of us were out of action and, as A only works three days a week, we had to close the shop completely on Friday and Saturday!

I'm still positive, but the last test I did showed the faintest of faint pink lines, so I'm finally on the mend. There was a news article here, saying that the HSE weren't going to be reporting Covid numbers anymore. They're reporting 1,020 positive antigen tests today (their last report, apparently), but that seems stupidly low, given that we know so many people with it. I'm sure people aren't bothering to report their antigen test results. I didn't. :look: Do you all report yours?
Starry

Post by Starry »

I reported E’s but forgot to report H. I’d say most people are in that boat.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

And we no longer have to wear masks at work and they are going to take away the barriers between desks and in the cafeteria. So Covid must be over.

I will still be keeping my distance from a lot of people because I don’t like strangers.