Testing times - Covid in 2022

sally maclennane

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by sally maclennane »

How worrying Ken, hopefully you've escaped it :fc:

I feel quite a bit better today and I was back at work. I don't think I'd have gone back if it hadn't been at home, I can't imagine getting myself ready to be in an office. I'm coughing much less although it's still quite regular and weirdly hurts my back and ribs when it happens. I felt really tired by the end of the day but I'm only working tomorrow and then I'm off on leave next week.

Glad you are feeling a bit better, Chicky and Edith. I think more testing would help although J tested negative on Monday morning but was positive by teatime that day :look:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
rosy

Post by rosy »

Fingers crossed you escape it, Ken. I don't understand why (some) people seem to think it's all over. I'm quite worried about going to Silverstone next weekend and will wear a mask even if nobody else does.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
mischief

Post by mischief »

There is so many people off at work with covid at the minute and management in their infinite wisdom held a town hall in person, so 100 people in each session, and got them to play thumb wars with no hand sanitiser
I'm glad I was too "busy" to go
sally maclennane

Thumb wars??

Today is Day 5 for me so I tested this morning. I thought I could see a very faint positive line, J said he couldn't see anything but I'll leave it till tomorrow and test again before I do anything. I don't really have any plans to go anywhere this weekend anyway but it would be handy to be able to pop to the shops.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

That’s insane mischief.

I’m definitely on the mend and managed 9 hours sleep last night which has helped. I might test just to see - I’d very much like to be testing negative before Tuesday as I am meant to be going to the theatre :fc:

ETA nope, still strongly positive. :mad:
Last edited by Chicky on Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:06 am Thumb wars??
sally has asked my question for me.

Glad you all seem to be on the mend.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

It’s a game where two people link their hands and put their thumbs up together. You then say something along the lines of “1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a thumb war” and your thumb wrestles against the other persons as you try to pin it down.

Basically lots of touching germs hands.

ETA: modelled by me and a child!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I know what it is, just not sure about the suitability of playing it in the workplace, especially at the moment.
sally maclennane

I didn't know what it was but yes, it seems like a very strange choice for a work event, especially right now!

Glad you are feeling better Chicky, and fingers crossed for a negative test :fc:
Starry

Post by Starry »

S got home yesterday for a week. This morning he felt rough so tested. Guess who has covid?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Oh no, Starry. I hope he’s not too unwell with it.

Thumb Wars is a ridiculous workplace activity at the best of times but to do it just now is… :shake:

I called the doctor this morning (for something unrelated) and was told that five of the GPs are off with covid. This is not a big surgery and I am surprised they are managing to provide any service at all.

I feel loads better today. Instead of having a rest in between doing jobs, I’m doing little jobs in between big rests. It’s amazing how quickly the tiredness hits.

I hope everyone keeps improving.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ugh, even pre-covid I would not want to be essentially holding sweaty workmate hands 🤢🤮 surprised they haven’t just suggested an arm wrestle too.
Starry

Post by Starry »

He seems ok Edith, I think he might have had it a few days as his test was very positive very quickly. Bit of a bunged head and a sore throat.

It’s just a massive pain for me. My week of having a second person to help with the kids is gone, I have a black belt pre grade tomorrow that he was supposed to watch the kids for, and I was due to fly to London on Friday for Wimbledon (work related) which may not happen now.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

It’s shitty that you have to carry all the weight and compromise on your arrangements. I hope he is ringing round trying to find some support so you can proceed as planned!
sally maclennane

How is everyone?

Day 6 here, and I'm feeling OK. Still got a bad cough and don't have much energy but otherwise OK. This mornings test was still faintly positive though, so I can't go anywhere. I'm really bored of being in the house. J was strongly positive yesterday, he's still got a sore throat and cough.

We're meant to be going away on Thursday so I'm really hoping we test negative soon. I'll be Day 11 by then, and J will be Day 10.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I hope you get some logistics sorted Starry. And I hope S isn’t too bad.

Day 6 for me too, I’m definitely on the mend but still snotty and coughing. Haven’t bothered testing as I was still very positive yesterday. I also am meant to be going away on Thursday so have my fingers crossed for all of us! Mr C has just got back from the US so at least I have someone to help out now. He brought me two massive orange toblerones :ready: and has just gone to the pharmacist to fetch my thyroid prescription so I’m very glad to have him back even if we do have to converse through the door!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I hope you are both fine for your holidays!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I think by day ten it’s ok regardless of result though? So I’d hope your holiday would be fine?

Orange Toblerones! :ready:
sally maclennane

Princess Morripov wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:58 pm I think by day ten it’s ok regardless of result though? So I’d hope your holiday would be fine?
I think so, its just that we're going with my mum and I'd be nervous about passing anything to her.

Good work, Mr C on the Toblerone!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Orange Toblerones! I hope your sense of taste is ok so you can appreciate them.