Testing times - Covid in 2022

emma_p

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by emma_p »

Oh no Chicky, bad timing but the kids are old enough to help while their dad's away. Tesco will be so used to leaving shopping outside. Can you call to update the delivery instructions (or just pop a note on your door).

Can any of the eldest's friends help out with a lift to the exam or yes taxi!

My dad has't called to ask about anti-virals but he's feeling a bit better. My mum's been absolutely paranoid about covid so I was worried about her but she seems to be coping ok.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Chicky wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:47 am
Are you feeling better today Sal?
Just the same as yesterday, sore head and throat, and an annoying cough. I also just feel generally knackered.

I did another test this morning out of curiosity as yesterdays line was pretty faint. This test, the line appeared pretty much right away, and was pretty strong. I spoke to my boss this morning, i will take today off as sick leave and then will see how I am tomorrow. Obviously I can't go anywhere this week but I could WFH.

J is still testing negative, and feels fine. We are lucky that we have enough space for him to isolate but I miss chatting to him (I suspect he's enjoying the peace and quiet :lol: )
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luce

Post by Luce »

Sal, I'm not saying I enjoyed the 11 nights we had to sleep in separate bedrooms when I had covid - but I didn't hate the space/peace/quiet either :))

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

The logistics are a nightmare, Chicky - especially with exams.

I’ve just tested positive. It’s very faint but apparently that counts. I will do another tomorrow to see if it’s stronger but in the meantime we are proceeding as per positive. I’m waiting for E’s school to call me back about remote learning and I will cross the DofE hike bridge later in the week. A has just one more exam on Thursday. He will get the school bus there and thinks he can get a lift home, so we just have to keep him well until then. I’ve also had to cancel meeting my dad and brother for a Mum memorial get together later this week. So much stuff to think about. I’ve got other appointments to cancel too - PT, blood donors. Urgh. It makes me regret making plans.

Get well soon, fellow sufferers.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Sorry to hear of all the infections and associated hassles. I hope you all feel better soon and others in your households remain negative.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, man. Get well soon, everybody!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Ugh, logistical nightmare. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Rosa wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:38 pm I volunteered for the Moderna mRNA-1273-P305 clinical trial (testing the effectiveness of boosters), and today was given either the Moderna vaccine already in use, or an investigational Moderna Omicron vaccine.

My commitment lasts a year, during which time I'll have four more visits to the hospital, and four telephone interviews. I also have to keep a diary.

I feel a bit tired with a bit of a headache, but that may be as a result of today being quite full on with lots of questions and tests before I was jabbed. It was at St Thomas' Hospital, Westminster, and I did have a great spot with a view of Westminster Bridge and the Thames, so it could have been worse!
This is very similar to the study I’m in! I don’t think my boost was to the Omicron variant, as I got it last summer. But it was an experimental formulation to one of the identified variants at the time. If it’s any help to know, I’ve not knowingly had COVID yet :fc: I’m almost at my 12 month mark, but I’ve got 1-2 more blood draws to do.

Sorry for all the recent positives and poorlies. Hope you’re feeling better and rest negative soon.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Ah, interesting! I have my first visit back to the the hospital on Wednesday (for blood tests and the like) following my booster.

I hope all of you testing positive don't get too poorly.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Just had the Tesco guy round, he says I’m the 5th person he’s delivered to today who has Covid. It was all fine anyway.

Hope your logistics get sorted Edith and it doesn’t hit you too hard.
sally maclennane

Sorry to hear you have it, Edith.

J has now tested positive too :(
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

At least you can chat now, Sal? :clutchingatstraws: Hope he’s not too ill with it.

My colleague’s elderly parents both have covid too.
sally maclennane

emma_p wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 pm At least you can chat now, Sal? :clutchingatstraws: Hope he’s not too ill with it.
Yes, he's delighted at the prospect of me talking at him all week obviously :lol:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

:lol:

When I got covid I didn't bother isolating from Mr D :look:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Ah sorry to hear about J Sal, but maybe it’s good to have it at the same time and get it over and done with. I avoided Mr c when he had it as I was going away the following weekend and didn’t want to catch it. I was also helped by the fact that he was away when he caught it so I wasn’t exposed before he tested positive.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

My boss and her three travelling companions have just got back from Rome and all tested positive today
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Do any of these people wear masks on planes? I’m not saying it judgementally, I’m genuinely interested in whether they did and it didn’t work, or they didn’t catch it on the plane, or whatever.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Ella77 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:55 pm Do any of these people wear masks on planes? I’m not saying it judgementally, I’m genuinely interested in whether they did and it didn’t work, or they didn’t catch it on the plane, or whatever.
I haven't asked. I will though :))

I'm flying (hopefully) on Wednesday and will definitely be wearing one
Malan
sally maclennane

I wasn't on a plane :))
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I just went to a school meeting about the pupil's week away next month and not one single person in the room was masked up.

People are weird.