Testing times - Covid in 2022

Estrella

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by Estrella »

Monkey pox got a re-brand didn’t it. Was that global? Or just down here?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh yes, sorry, it did. I haven’t heard anything about [new name] either though, which I assume/hope is good news.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It has gone a bit quiet on that front. It’s a funny Covid situation here too. Spiking cases yet people pretend everything is normal :ella:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Inevitably C has tested positive this morning.

I need to talk to the kids to see what they want to do but 5 days takes us to 28th and things were planned for 29th onwards. I feel it's a bit soon for them to stay here.

I have a fridge full of food so we are good for that. I'll ask mum (if she is ok) to get some milk tomorrow and we'll be fine.

At least I can get a hug now!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:04 am Oh yes, sorry, it did. I haven’t heard anything about [new name] either though, which I assume/hope is good news.
I checked the numbers on this (monkeypox) recently and it’s not too alarming. So I dropped it off all my evidence updates that I send to the teams I support.

I’ve also started to drop Covid, not because the numbers are dropping, but because we’ve got established protocols now and nothing new seems to be being said at the moment.
Disco

Post by Disco »

How are 'we' acting as a rule? Are turtles still wearing masks?

I am in a lot of situations. On public transport and in shops/ crowded places/ queues/ when I just want to wear a mask to hide my face. I'm one of the few I see.

So sorry for everyone's ruined festivities.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Same as you, Dic. Yet another man tried to harass me on the Tube because of it just the other day.

Good to know about the monkeypox.
Disco

Post by Disco »

For god's sake how ridiculous, and completely horrible for you. What's wrong with these twats.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

We both are and we were the only ones wearing masks on our flights to and from Tenerife

I still wear them in group until it starts then because I'm two metres away from people I take it off

We are very very much in the minority now. And even in my groups where I have vulnerable people they themselves don't wear masks and sit next to others instead of the seats further away I have set up specially.

My member was telling me her son in law has it and he's been told to go to work if he's well enough as he's back on SSP for sick pay and can't afford not to work

It's similar with teachers and nurses from what I've told they still have to go in and are being advised not to test and carry on regardless if they're able to work

Not sure if that's in all hospitals and schools but it's certainly the case around here
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Both my sisters are nurses in hospitals (one York and one Edinburgh), and that's definitely not the case for them, Dizzy.

Really sorry C has it, Bramble. Hope you can make something work.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Oh that's good I'll double check with my nurses tomorrow as hopefully I've got it wrong
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

We have to take 5 days off if we test positive for Covid but there is no obligation for us to test, and we don't get free tests any more. There is absolutely no point in me wearing a mask anywhere - I am so exposed that it would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I have a non-Covid lurgy at the moment and it's honestly impossible to get an appointment at the doctor's.
mischief

Post by mischief »

I checked the guidance yesterday and it is basically just carry on as normal no need to self isolate which is ridiculous
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I picked up an Argentinian pal from Heathrow yesterday and she's just tested positive this morning. I assume I won't escape it. 😞
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh no Lazz! Are they staying with you?
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Yep. Spent about two hours in the car with her too. :cry: No good deed goes unpunished, eh?!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That is so true. That sucks!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ugh, how rubbish!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Cheers pals. I'll get over it. It's still better than 2020 Christmas. And last year when I had zero sense of taste or smell!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

My brother suggested mum go down to spend Christmas with him as they have both been testing negative. She said no, just in case as it would spoil Christmas with the little ones if she got down there and tested positive on Saturday.

My brother picked up my nephew who flew in from New York on Tuesday. He's tested positive today :ella:

C has a high temp and mines back up again so it should be a fun night.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.