Testing times - Covid in 2022

lazzbo

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by lazzbo »

That's so kind, Cerise! Yes, the plan is for them to downsize which is why they wanted to fill the house one last time. We've pushed our Boxing Day festivities back to 2 January now, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the sympathy and Turtle power to all of us sweating in our beds. :tree:
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

So sorry you have it too Lazz, really hope you feel better soon.

In better news here Mr H is testing negative and I’m only very faintly positive so the girls are coming home later and we will have our Xmas dinner, and they can have their prezzies, finally!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Yay Hobbes! Enjoy your delayed festivities.

I went a bit delirious in the night which was awful. I'm so hungry all the time too. :crazy:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Enjoy your delayed celebrations!

I'm still testing positive but it's not as strong.

The kids are pushing for NYE celebrations which will hopefully be possible - I'm just hoping the exhaustion fucks off. At the moment, I'm not sure about having everyone stay over.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

I hope everything gets better soon for those with the plague.
Bramble, could people not stay over but fend for themselves? You don't have to do everything for them.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Oh, I won't do everything and I know they will be going visiting but having a toddler in the house for any length of time is exhausting in normal circumstances :lol:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mischief

Post by mischief »

I am now on day 17 of testing positive with no symptoms. Although the advice is that there is no restrictions I don't feel comfortable going out and the people I most want to see, my parents and my granddaughter, are the most vulnerable. As you can imagine I'm beginning to struggle
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oh mischief, that's hellish. I don't think you can be contagious any more but I totally get where you're coming from in terms of not feeling comfortable going out. :(
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, mischief, you poor sod. It’s ruined your plans a number of times now, I think?
mischief

Post by mischief »

Have had to cancel seeing my parents 3 times. Haven't seen my granddaughter since Christmas day and even then I wore a mask and didn't touch her and missed 3 football matches and nights out with friends. The good news is that I finally tested negative today.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That’s such a shitter. I’m glad you can be busted out of solitary now :duo:.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That's such a long time! I thought my 10 days was bad enough.

Go and enjoy visiting!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My mum’s care home had a consultation with all residents/representatives and stopped masks yesterday. They’ve just announced 2 positive tests (not in my mum’s floor) so a return to mask wearing and one visitor per person per day.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

When is negative please? I had a very strong thick line last Friday but now only have a faint one but still there. Paul is home tomorrow.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I waited until there wasn't a line at all. It was the day after a faint one.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Oh good. I really need to hug my husband so hopefully I will be line free tomorrow.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I’ve been poorly for over a week now and it is the worst I’ve ever felt but I’ve done 4 tests, all saying negative. And yet I’d swear this is Covid. Raging temp (T’s temp got up to 41), fatigue, full on blocked up cold, aches, shivers, dry cough and the worst one, constant nausea. My tests have all been spaced out and yet everyone is strongly negative. T and F’s were negative too and we’ve all had the same thing.

Our doc friend reckons there is this not Covid going round, basically a nasty virus that emulates Covid in all ways but doesn’t show up on tests and isn’t actually Covid. It took down me, T and F. F has never had a single day off school before and he had 4 days off with this, this week.

I’m not sure why I’m saying all this. Suppose in case others have experienced similar? I’m a bit traumatised by it all. I can still not move around without a sick bucket and I’m 8 days in.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Oh Luce. That sounds absolutely terrible. I really hope you start feeling better really soon.
Malan
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

That sounds absolutely rotten, Luce. Hope you feel better soon. From what I can see there’s a way worse bug than covid going around which seems to be really flooring people. I’ve had several friends go down with what sounds exactly the same as you.
Luce

Post by Luce »

It seems that way. My paranoid self keeps thinking this is the new pandemic and in March I’ll be looking back thinking this was it!

I’m going to stop testing, it’s pointless, I can barely get out of bed let alone go anywhere to infect anyone! This is exactly how I’d imagined Covid to be back in 2020.