Testing times - Covid in 2022

emma_p

Re: Testing times - Covid in 2022

Post by emma_p »

Yes my mum had it too, she tested positive about a week after my dad. She was furious because my dad most likely caught it at his bridge club which she hates him going to anyway. Luckily she wasn’t as poorly with it as my dad.

They were due to stay with us this weekend to see Liv in a dance show at the theatre in Wimbledon but I don’t think they’ll be up to travelling even if they are both testing negative.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

emma_p wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:52 am
My dad got a call from his GP yesterday asking if they needed oxygen monitoring equipment. Ummm a bit late?! Luckily they are both doing ok.
Good grief.

I do have a pulse oximeter, and they say they are useful to have around for if you test positive. Only about £15 from Amazon if anybody is looking.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Princess Morripov wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:30 am Glad you are feeling better Sal. The tiredness lasted about 2-3 weeks for us, be careful not to assume you are ok, attempt to reroof a shed and then have to go to bed at 7pm :look: :lol: top tip!
I will bear this in mind :))

Thats a shame for your mum, Emma, I hope she recovers soon too.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:03 pm Why not just get her to call 111?

I have private healthcare, and my dad is not covered on it, so I’d be amazed if yours was on your sister’s. (Unless it’s a private policy she took out that specifically names him?)
Apparently, he would have been covered (not sure how) but they refused to discuss him with her, and Dad refused to see a GP. :ella: Anyway, he's feeling much better today, Sis reports, so probably not needed and all the panic yesterday was overkill.

I hope you don't get it too badly, Starry and I'm glad you're feeling better, Sal.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Surprise surprise, after 14 glorious days of not needing masks in hospitals at all, were now back to surgical masks in all clinical areas after a 55% increase in cases in 48hrs.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Surgical masks are almost useless for this though, aren't they? That's what I keep reading.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think you’re right, but that’s what they’ve said, and all the general hospital population have ever had is surgical masks. The heavier duty ones are for high risk, and aerosol generating procedure areas.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I heard this morning there’s another outbreak at my mum’s care home (not on her floor) so they’re back to essential caregiver visits only.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

The care home thing REALLY bothers me. I get that people in there are hugely vulnerable - but also they probably benefit from seeing their loved ones more than anyone else.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:57 pm I heard this morning there’s another outbreak at my mum’s care home (not on her floor) so they’re back to essential caregiver visits only.
Oh no. What does this mean though? Essential caregivers as in paid staff? I thought the whole point of putting people in a care home was that they provided all the essential caregiving.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

It means family visits aren't allowed, I think.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Essentially each resident is allocated a named visitor so I will be able to visit but no one else.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I know we're not doctors but what do people think about taking 30mg of dihydrocodeine to help with the coughing? I've got abs on abs from coughing. I guess it's probably not a good idea because of the potential respiratory depression side effect.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

So sorry for all the cases. Mr P has just tested positive post Glastonbury (as it seems have a lot of people).
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Two people in my team have tested positive this week. Including one who was in the office yesterday sounding unwell and coughing and said “no, I’m fine, it’s nothing” when our Director sent him home :ella:

I hope you’re feeling ok, Starry.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

There are reports coming out now that Glastonbury is likely to cause a 5th wave.

Hooray!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Plus Wimbledon, and then Silverstone this coming weekend.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:20 pm Essentially each resident is allocated a named visitor so I will be able to visit but no one else.
Ah that sounds quite good.

Was at an end of year dinner this evening with lots of older people and one woman with a gross cough who barely bothered to cover her mouth :mad:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Disco wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:47 pm I know we're not doctors but what do people think about taking 30mg of dihydrocodeine to help with the coughing? I've got abs on abs from coughing. I guess it's probably not a good idea because of the potential respiratory depression side effect.
I recommend a few squares of very very very dark chocolate. Also, if you get a tickle, try holding a finger in front of your mouth and pretending you're blowing out a birthday candle. I know that sounds absurd but it calms the cough reflex.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

rosy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:14 pm Plus Wimbledon, and then Silverstone this coming weekend.
Absolutely do not begrudge anybody going to any of these events, but its got the potential to cause a few issues for a few months for sure.

Also rosy, have you had any more jabs over the initial three? I know of people who are vulnerable etc etc who have had up to five and yet I've not been called for one extra one yet.

This doesn't actually bother me too much because I don't think that I should ever been classed in such a high category in the first place, but I will be fucking furious if it turns out that I didn't have to lock myself for all of that time despite me asking and asking about it.