May fitness

Estrella

May fitness

Post by Estrella »

I’ve been merrily posting on the April thread not realising it’s a new month.

Anyway for May so far I’ve worked Full Body and Glutes on Sunday and Chest, Triceps and Biceps on Monday, plus a 5km incline walk on the treadmill.
H1ppychick

Re: May fitness

Post by H1ppychick »

Hello!

I’m back to the leisure centre in my mum’s town for BodyBalance today and I’m still DOMS-y in the quads from Friday’s Pump class. I hope it help to loosen me up!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Not really fitness but I did over 20000 steps yesterday. In the rain.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:00 am Not really fitness but I did over 20000 steps yesterday. In the rain.
:dotty: I managed to do nearly 30,00 yesterday! (Definitely not in the rain though)

GVRAT started on Sunday, but I was really busy both days, so had to fit the miles in by getting out walking in what little spare time I had - yesterday I’d done 15k steps before I could start my “logged” walk :lol:

Managed a club run tonight so I’m on track so far (it’s 5.25 miles a day for the next 4 months)
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

So much walking. That’s so good.

So am I understanding you correctly, Mojo - 5.25 miles a day for 4 months? Is that intentional runs or a sum of your day’s steps?

It was legs for me yesterday evening and this morning was back, biceps and abs. I’m really enjoying these workouts (they’re all free on YouTube) I’m loosely following one of her 10 week programs but skipping the cardio/HIIT days.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Estrella wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:51 pm So much walking. That’s so good.

So am I understanding you correctly, Mojo - 5.25 miles a day for 4 months? Is that intentional runs or a sum of your day’s steps?
It’s walking and running (thank god, or I wouldn’t be fit enough right now), but it has to be “purposeful” - eg I’m counting the 2 miles I went out and did before work this morning as they were specifically for this, but I’m not counting the 15,000 “incidental” steps I did marshalling our race day :cry: And I won’t count things like waking to the station, or the shops (I know a lot of people do that on virtual challenges, and that’s fine, I just don’t want to)

I ran it all in 2020, but I’m just in no shape to do that this time. The reason I’ve entered it is to have a reason to force myself out every day - I’m hoping to be running most of it by the end :fc:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

The guy that organises it (Lazarus Lake, for any ultra running fans :lol: ) walks the whole thing, which makes me feel better about it :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Running or even walking 5.25 miles a day for 4 months is no mean feat :run:

We've cycled the last three days - a total of just over 68km
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Dance Step was absolutely frantic tonight! I loved it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

mojojojo wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:32 am
Estrella wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:51 pm So much walking. That’s so good.

It’s walking and running (thank god, or I wouldn’t be fit enough right now), but it has to be “purposeful” - eg I’m counting the 2 miles I went out and did before work this morning as they were specifically for this, but I’m not counting the 15,000 “incidental” steps I did marshalling our race day :cry: And I won’t count things like waking to the station, or the shops (I know a lot of people do that on virtual challenges, and that’s fine, I just don’t want to)

I ran it all in 2020, but I’m just in no shape to do that this time. The reason I’ve entered it is to have a reason to force myself out every day - I’m hoping to be running most of it by the end :fc:
Wow! Go you! This is such a hardcore challenge.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Thank you :love:

Did my 5 (and a bit) today split into 2 walks - one before work and one after. Actually felt quite cheerful walking in the rain at 6:30 am :))
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Thursday was a rest day for me. I was planning on a walk but I was wiped out after work.

Friday - full body workout.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Est.

5.5 mile run after work last night. There was a club 5k race on, but I couldn’t face that. It was hot and I was tired so I was pleased to get the 5 done.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates last night and there were many narrow tricep press ups. As well as a lot of chat about women & our issues with idiot men.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh god kettlebells was HARD tonight. I also accidentally got there super early so had to bob about awkwardly for 15 minutes.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Double hard! I hate that awkward bit at the start of a class. (Not that I go to any these days)

Did my miles in two walks today - 3 at lunch and 2 after work.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Go hard or go home? Well done anyway.

I did legs today. Hard going. Then added on a banded glutes 8 min workout too.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We had a lovely ride out to Tatton Park today. Had a below average bacon barm and a fairly average coffee then came home. Just over 67km.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I signed up for Les Mills Bootcamp & that starts tomorrow (Tuesday for me I think).
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That sounds interesting, Pip.

I’ve decided not to renew my LMOD for now, but may go back to it in due course.

Been feeling a bit ropey this weekend so took Sunday as a rest day. Did an upper body workout this morning which felt ok when I was doing it but I’m wiped out again now. Oh and the DOMs from calf raises and squats on tip toes that I did on Sat is real 😰