August fitness

bramblerose

Re: August fitness

Post by bramblerose »

We didn't go to RPM last night as it was such a nice evening so went on a bike ride instead. Think we might do the same on Wednesday.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Finished Iron Series yesterday so I’ve put together a two week program of my favourite Caroline Girvan workouts to rotate (WK1 upper/lower/upper/full and WK2 lower/upper/lower/full) Today was my all time favourite Shoulders of Steel.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Yesterday was leg day and this morning was back and biceps. Hadn’t done this morning’s workout before and loved it. I got a crazy pump in my biceps afterwards. Even MrE commented on it!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Full body workout done this morning.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m knackered after my double session but feel good for it.

I was introduced to a Jefferson curl which is a really nice range of movement when you spent 6.5 hours in a car the day before!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I can feel that stretch from here. Must feel good after all that car time!

I worked my glutes and hamstrings this morning.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Chest and triceps today. My HR stayed low but man it felt hard!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m in the swing of things just now. Did quads and calves this morning.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did my own arms workout yesterday mashing up stuff from Tough Mother. Pump & Balance this morning.

Tai Chi yesterday lunchtime too but it’s not really very strenuous.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Two pretty heavy boxing/kickboxing sessions this week, and a tweak to my weights programme to get me back to three shorter sessions per week.

I've been chatting to the extremely terrifying yet fabulous MMA fighter who runs the kickboxing classes with a view to getting 1-2-1 coaching :nerves: (it's going to be brutal). Mostly this is so if my old coach ever comes back and invites me down to the gym for a sparring session I can kick his arse :bruce: :mischief:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Full body Friday here. I’ve got shoulders on the plan for Saturday.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Dance Step this morning was possibly the sweatiest ever. It was brilliant.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

And Sweatlebells tonight. Maybe the issue is me? :uhh:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I remember reading that super fit people tend to seeet more quickly into exercise and potentially more. So maybe it’s that?

It was leg day Sunday for me and rest day yesterday as I donated blood. Tuesday will probably be a rest day too.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Weds I did back and biceps, and today was full body Friday. Followed by a large Chardonnay to cap off a shitshow work week.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:21 pm And Sweatlebells tonight. Maybe the issue is me? :uhh:
I sweat loads Pip, so it's not just you :))

I have been swimmng, walking, running and cycling - not a lot of the last two but it's enough.

I'm on day 84 of my step streak :frolic: My goal is 8000 a day which is an achievable amount considering I am desk bound most of the day. I do go over it most days but some days, I only just achieve it :))
Last edited by bramblerose on Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I sproinged my right Achilles at a Dance Fitness class just under a fortnight ago and then managed to pull my lower back somehow a couple of days later, so my last week has been relatively light compared to my usual class load.

My back is improving but my Achilles is still niggly so I'll do Pump this evening but I won't do the subsequent Dance class.

ETA I'm also a heavy exercise-sweater (but not at other times), and I'm by no means hyperfit, so I think your theory might be a bit spurious, Est.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I hope the Achilles is feeling 100% soon.

It’s been hard fitting things in but I plan to do some stuff while away. Most importantly I got my first full chin up in the doorway yesterday. :mrgreen:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I saw that! Well done!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I did Pump and it was pretty hardcore. He had made a remix from various releases and, as he said himself three-quarters of the way through, “I must have been pissed off when I compiled this”, because they were all bastard tracks. My back and Achilles seemed to cope OK, I didn’t get too aggro on the weights since it had been more than a week, possibly even a fortnight, since my last Pump class.

I did all 16 push-ups in the warm up on my toes though :frolic:

He was playing the David Guetta / Nicki Minaj track when I was putting stuff away afterwards and I was so tempted to stay on for the dance class but I’ve been sensible and come home to eat cake instead :))