January 2023 fitness

Estrella

January 2023 fitness

Post by Estrella »

New month, new year, new shiny thread!

I started 2023 with a back and bicep workout, a treadmill incline walk and a wander to the shops with S.

I fear that starting a new job on 9th is going to throw a spanner in the works a little, but goal this month is to keep lifting moderately heavy things, making sure I keep doing some cardio and running my eating at a small deficit/keeping protein high to minimise muscle loss while cutting some fat.
Starry

Re: January 2023 fitness

Post by Starry »

I need to start this again - kicking it off with a class at noon that promises to be tough but fun. I have three days in Vegas for work that will throw things out a bit but at least one run will happen in that time.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Started the new year with a walk. Just over 6km.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I ran 1 mile up a big hill to start the year. Just under 4 miles in total with running there and back.

Bootcamp isn't back until the 9th 😩
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Rest day today - which in reality meant 480 cals burnt mowing the lawn (we have half an acre and I don’t like the ride in so do it with the push mower) plus a 3km afternoon walk. Tomorrow I’m back in the office so it will be an actual real rest day.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Yesterday I went for a long walk and did over 10,000 steps.

Today I’ve done yoga and planning another walk to get over 10k steps again.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve done Spirit, then in half an hour I have Yoga. Then after that I have Dance Fitness.

That reminds me I need to check to see what my Apple Health medal target is for the month.

Oh how boring, it’s a Stand-based target.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve signed up to the Les Mills+ Stronger Challenge and have done the first workout. It’s some new stuff plus a remix of older workout types and you can mix & match a few (like I will not be doing RPM). In the absence of the Tough Mother HIIT stuff and given I already pay for access, I thought I may as well do something. There were pre-challenge tests too, including a timed hover, wall sits and press ups to fail point. I’m around or just below average on all at the moment, hoping to improve.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Did 6x 1 minute 30 seconds up a hill then a final run from bottom to top and aroud in a small circuit. 2.25 miles in total, half of which was uphill.

That is a qurter of a mile further than I went when I did this same circuit last week so quite pleased with that progress.
Last edited by Topcat on Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That sounds really hard, TC - well done!

I’m back with the PT on Wednesday, having done NOTHING for the last three weeks. I really want to carve out time to do something every day but am finding it hard because I really need the structure of a regular time (and it’s hard to find a time that works every day) but can’t bear the commitment of having to do a thing at the same time every day :ruby:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Ooh, a busy start to the year! Well done everyone

I did a 30 min low impact Peloton yesterday and a 4 mile trail run today. Still a bit harder than it should be, post covid, but glad to be able to do something after a fairly slack (ill) last couple of weeks!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I walked again today, just to keep my step streak going.

I'm hopefully back swimming in the morning.

How are you feeling mojo?
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Lola

Post by Lola »

I went for a walk today for the first time in ages so it’s not much but it’s a start.

I’ve found out that there are some Nike fitness videos on Netflix so I might attempt one tomorrow.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

bramblerose wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 pm
How are you feeling mojo?
Getting there, thanks Brambs. Coughed at the start and end of my run today but am easing myself back in. Really hoping to have an uninterrupted run at my marathon plan now :fc:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Day 2 was Body Combat 30mins followed by Core for 30mins. I’m going to J’s HIIT tonight as long as I remember.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Walked up to and back from the pool. I did my usual amount of lengths although it took a little longer.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Could not face a club run in the rain tonight, so I did a 45 peltoton endurance ride. Will try and run tomorrow during the day, as I’m wfh.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

HIIT was awful. :lol: But I did it! And when we finished the circuits everyone else stayed for Tabata, but I’d already done so much I was excused. :)
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Well done, Pip! I’m interested to see how your LMOD challenge goes too.

I did legs today. Followed by a 20min incline walk.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m not sure how I’m going to fit it around my other scheduled classes. I’ve just figured out how to tick sessions off in the phone app though. I’m planning to just do them all in order, but maybe not on the days it’s currently telling me to.