Edith Bacon

Re: January 2023 fitness

Post by Edith Bacon »

First day back with the PT today and it was hard for both of us :lol:

Next week will be better.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Edith Bacon wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:50 pm First day back with the PT today and it was hard for both of us :lol:
:lol: Well done though :))

4 mile run at lunchtime. It was a struggle.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I thought I’d not got a place at Dance Step, then happened to check at 5pm and I’d been booked on. I was going to do the LM+ too, but I might drop down to the 30 min instead of 55 min BodyPump.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Walked to and from the pool. Usual 1100m swim then a longer walk this afternoon. We decided against RPM as it probably would have been a bit too soon for C as he's really not recovered fully from COVID* and he suggested a walk (which is unusual at the moment so I grabbed the chance!)

I've done double my step count today!

*I'm not fully recovered but he had it worse than me #mancovid ;)
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just did a team trail run and it was that grim out there in the fields and hills that it took over an hour to get 5k done. :lol: I even have mud in my ears and finger nails and I didn't come close to falling over.

Absolutely brilliant fun.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m just back from Yoga then BodyPump. I managed to sproing my right Achilles yesterday somehow, so I did both classes with my foot strapped up in one of those Velcro/neoprene/elastic contraptions. Worked surprisingly well and gave me a visible excuse to wimp out from lunges (in all fairness, it wasn’t reacting well to them) and do lots of extra squats instead.

I have to say I’m liking BodyPump 123 a LOT. I am finding squats, chest and back tracks to be relatively do-able, and I think I will have to up my weights again (currently 7.5 per side for squats, 6 for chest and 7 for back).
Roma

Post by Roma »

I was very busy at work so didn’t have time for the gym today, but I’ve managed over 10,000 steps and some yoga.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates last night was mostly mobility stuff because it had been nearly a month since the last class.

Today I’ve done BodyPump, and BodyBalance this morning, and kettlebells this afternoon. I’m now a day behind on LesMills, but I’m just going to work through it on days I’m not doing real life classes, as I think that’s the best approach.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I did my first PT session last night, and my legs are killing me :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh god, Sal :lol:

I tried an interval session this morning. A Mike it so jog to warm up and then 1 min running relatively quick followed by 2 mins walking. Was meant to be x 10 but I gave up at 8 as I was meant to be working by then!

I haven’t done one for absolutely ages for various reasons, but need to start getting back into them as part of my training plan. It wasn’t nice and I didn’t go very well, but I’m pleased I got out and did it.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Slow parkrun. Wet & windy
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I bet it was! I’ve just done LM+ Strength Development 01 and if the others are progressive, help!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Hope your doms has eased now Sal!

I had a few days off and have just done back and biceps just now.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

7 miles eeked out today. Had some stomach issues that meant I had to stop back home a couple of times, but I got there in the end. I’m a bit off track with my training, but pleased with over 20 miles this week.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s brilliant going if you ask me.

We did a frantic and frenetic Dance Step this morning. All old pros, so we managed 5 routines vs the 3 on Wed.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Thanks Pip.

Old pros :lol: I don’t know where you find the time for all those classes!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I went back swimming this morning. I didn't go on Thursday as I was just knackered, same for parkrun.

I am going to RPM later though.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I did my usual Sunday double bill of BP then yoga. He did a remix for BP and I swear he hadn’t thought his track selection through very well, each track was towards the “oh shit” end of the ok~>challenging range. Halfway through he said “I must have been in a bad mood when I put this together. Ah well, Happy New Year!” (with a shit-eating grin).

Just Spirit today, I sacked off Zumba as I wasn’t feeling it.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Running club straight from work tonight. 1 mile warm up from station to club and then a fairly slow 5 miles. Still not feeling it but keeping the faith :fc: