January 2023 fitness

Edith Bacon

Re: January 2023 fitness

Post by Edith Bacon »

Full body workout with the PT this morning: squats, RDLs, chest press, lateral and front dumbbell lifts, rows, normal and side planks. It was much more pleasant than last week.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I was back to Bootcamp on Monday night, he eased us in gradually but I'm still sore all over.

I really should go running today either before or after BootCamp tonight but the weather has been wild up here.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m behind on Les Mills, but I’ve completed week 1 of the plan (on day 9). I’ve counted the Body Balance I did in the actual gym last week. Tonight was Core & Combat (should be been RPM but I don’t have a bike for it and don’t want ever want to do it).
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I did a peloton on Weds night, and a hill session today. Slow parkrun tomorrow
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did a full body workout this morning. It was hard going after 5 rest days!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did new Pump at the gym yesterday, which had an awful lunge track, and new Balance is coming but not yet (so sick of that routine now). Then onto kettlebells in the evening and bloody hell, more lunges?!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Is that the release 123 lunge track with the 7 pulses then the 16? I agree it’s a beast even on body weight. Other than that I’m loving the new release, it feels like I need to go heavy to get the impact.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

In fact I’m just at the gym dithering if I want to do the 10:45 Pump class or not (I’ve just done Spirit). I’ve done Pump so far this week on Sun, Tues, Weds and yesterday and I’m booked again for it tomorrow, so today might be overkill, but I’m already here, I’m booked, and the alternative is pottering about at home.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

H1ppychick wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:15 am Is that the release 123 lunge track with the 7 pulses then the 16? I agree it’s a beast even on body weight. Other than that I’m loving the new release, it feels like I need to go heavy to get the impact.
Yes, that! Horrific. I’ve made a decision to only do body weight lunges in Pump anyway, I think I’ve already said that (getting old :granny: ). I decided because I’m an adult and no one can make me.

That said, I’ve just done weighted jumping lunges in LM+ Grit Strength, because I didn’t know what was coming next. :))
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

The decision was taken out of my hands in the end, as the Pump instructor was caught behind an accident on the motorway, so they cancelled the class at the last minute and one of the PTs scrambled an impromptu HIIT class together. I thought my lungs were going to come out of my throat at one point but at least I’ve apparently burned 424 calories.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Woah!

Grit was HIIT with weights and I do t think I’ve ever sweated so much in January.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did Grit once, maybe twice, the whole time I had LMOD. It was hideous! Kudos to you Pip.

I had sore hammies this morning from yesterday’s RDLs. Did shoulders this morning and then mowed the lawn (440 cals for the lawn mowing!) I tried a sample of pre-workout that was sent with my last protein powder order and it was like magic. MrE reckons I shouldn’t buy it though (I may have been a tad hyper :mog: )
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Legs today. It was from Caroline’s Beastmode program and was really hard going but quite good fun. Though I did have to take a break part way through because Bad Dog knocked a glass off the dining table and it smashed everywhere :ella:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Cross country today. I didn’t push, due to not wanting to take any risks on my marathon plan, but it was still good, muddy, windy fun. Just under 5 miles, plus the Parkrun yesterday for a total of just short of 18 miles this week 👍🏻
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Kettlebells this evening. It was the busiest I’ve ever seen it.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Hopefully it’ll quieten down soon enough Pip.

20 mins Peloton in my lunch break today
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t mind; as long as I remember to book I can always get a spot because I’m a gold member for having paid throughout lockdown. I get two weeks advance notice to the regulars’ one week.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did back and biceps today. I finally managed to lift a heavier weight for the back part of it (2.5kg more per dumbbell) so I was quite pleased with myself.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

4.5 mile club run straight from the station after work. So cold :(
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I did spin tonight, first time since November due to my surgery. I enjoyed it but my legs will be sore tomorrow I suspect.

I have PT on Friday which I like, we do a lot of weights stuff. Honestly, if I was rich, I'd just have PT sessions a few times a week :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse