March exercising

Estrella

March exercising

Post by Estrella »

Decided since my calves have eased ever so slightly, I would do a 30 min workout over lunch today. Body Step 118 again. Let’s see if I get the killer DOMs again…
Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: March exercising

Post by Lily »

I did Pilates last night and have yoga tonight but I think I'm going to have to give it up. My knees are so painful afterwards, and there aren't always alternatives you can do. I do love the stretch and flexibility increase but unless I get personal yoga training - ha! - I can't see this working for me. :(
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Yesterday was badminton with Sproglette. We go once a week now, just the two of us, as our gym membership allows us to use the courts at her school and it's not too far.

I went to a lunchtime TRX class today for the second time. It was a bit more active than last week's, which I enjoyed because there was a lot of static stuff. :lol: I have remote handstand conditioning this evening.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did Step 120 last night and Step 118 this morning.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Spin last night, the instructor was a right pain in the arse, really over cheery and grinning manically. She also did that "sit for 4 beats, stand for 4" stuff which I hate because it feels like a waste of time. Also, my bike cut out twice during the session which means I couldn't see my stats :verm:

Weightlifting class tonight, we were doing barbell squats, I find a bar on my shoulders really uncomfortable. I used to be able to do it fine when I did body pump, but since then I injured my right shoulder in a car accident. She kept an eye on me and said it all looked fine but that I could use dumbbells instead if it keeps being a problem. I'm not sure I enjoy this class TBH but I'll stick with it a bit longer.

#miserableexerciser :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’m a great believer in the best exercise for you is the em exercise you enjoy. Definitely don’t stick with it if you don’t like doing it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m with Est on that.

It was a new routine at Dance Step last night we were all awful. :)) Normally we get to do at least one old one alongside the new, but no chance.

Tonight was back to Pilates and there was a fair bit of abs work that I expect to feel tomorrow.
Last edited by Pippedydeadeye on Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sally maclennane

I have a pass with 2 more sessions, so I'll see how they go. I agree with the "do what you enjoy" approach but there's so much talk about the benefits of weightlifting especially for older women so I was hoping that I'd like it :shrug:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

You might enjoy it in a different format. You never know. There are a lot of good resources online so you could use a program from there and work at your own pace independently (from a fellow introvert who doesn’t like the social aspect of group fitness I identify)
sally maclennane

See, I don't really mind classes like spin but I dont have to interact with anyone there :lol:

I'll give it another couple of weeks there. I did consider just doing stuff on my own, but booking a class makes me much more likely to do it. Also, I'd be worried about injuring myself doing stuff unsupervised.

I'll see how it goes, I might just be having an off week :))
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

I got this which makes a huge difference as I can lift the weights but my right shoulder can't stand the strain

Gunsmith Fitness Next Gen Barbell... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J7XHGMA? ... b_ap_share
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Another CrossFit session completed this morning. It was a really good workout of the day with wall walks, skipping, press ups and snatches.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve been to the gym for Pump & Balance this morning. After a week of being under the weather I was quite pleased that I felt ok.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I’m also slightly under the weather, so missed club efforts session last night, but did it on my own today. 6 x 600m intervals with warm up & cool down wad about 4 miles overall.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Body Step 117 this morning. I’m just doing the 30 min versions just now to build my cardio back up. But am loving it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello!

More hill reps last night, the difference from when I/we started less than eight weeks ago is genuinely startling. Supidly about to head out on a 10 mile trail now which is really going to hurt, I can tell already.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Enjoy!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Hello!

I’m trying to get back into it after a few days down at my mum’s with little gym access followed by a week out from Covid during which I picked up a nasty forearm sprain (from cooking :rolleyes: ) which meant I couldn’t go back to my usual routine immediately.

This morning I’ve done Spirit and I’m about to do my first BP class since (I think?) 14 Feb…this could be painful
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Yesterday morning was a run with Elvis and I’ve just been to the gym with Sproglette. We did a 20 min spin class then some calisthenics/stretching.

I tested my nose clip out and I can wear it comfortably again post piercing, so I’m hoping to get some swimming sessions in during the week.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Well that wasn’t too bad. I was somewhat conservative on the weights and I did have to adapt my grip on upright rows and dead rows to compensate for my forearm issue, but generally encouraging.