March exercising

Topcat

Re: March exercising

Post by Topcat »

Cheers!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I didn’t feel like it, but did Combat 77 again this morning (after spending an hour weeding in my PJs in the morning sun!)
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Another 8 miles on the trails in the bag. It was a bit of a struggle toward the end because of the reps that I did last night but this is how it is supposed to be.

No funny turns either this week so I will chalk off last week as a one off and bask in the knowledge that this hard work is ever so slightly beginning to pay off.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good news TC.

I did Parkrun without having to walk on the hill at all this morning so I may finally be over Covid.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That sounds encouraging, Tex :fc:

20 miles long run today. The route I measured was slightly under so it was only in fact 19.75 miles but I couldn’t carry on another step :lol: It was soaking wet - the rain eased off after about an hour, but we were constantly running through water. Everything hurts tonight.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Elvis and I finished C25K W2 on Saturday and started W3 today. Work commitments mean I'm not available the next couple of days before school, so I also took Sproglette to the gym this morning and we did upper body stuff on the rings/free weights.

The idea of Pilates this lunchtime did not appeal, and in fact I've decided I don't particularly like the class. I've trained with this instructor on and off for the past 5 years and it's just so repetitive! Not so much the exercises but the talk that goes along with it. So I might do something at home, or even save myself and do a remote backbend class more regularly (it's in the evening but I often feel like I've done enough before it comes round!).
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

30 min low impact peloton. Quads on fire.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve just done LM+ Bootcamp 1, despite having not finished the Stronger Challenge. :) I think I’ve got more chance on this one as it’s only 10 over 2 weeks, and a few of my usual classes are on hiatus until after Easter.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Good luck Pip. God, we’ll be into a new thread in a few days - this month has rocketed by!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Spin today at lunchtime,different instructor and she was a bit "woop woop" for my liking :verm: She was good about explaining posture etc though, which I think a lot don't bother with.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Sorry about the woopwoop Sal :))

4.5 mile easy club run. Surprisingly large group so was able to distract myself talking to a couple of new people. Felt a little stressed as I’d had to do club announcement first.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I think my legs have stopped talking to me. This morning's work out was brutal
Round 1
12x12 Front Squat (one round per minute)

Round 2 Time Cap 30mins. I just about managed to get the final few squats in as the clock counted down.
10 Burpees
10 Burpees
25 Push-Ups
10 Burpees
25 Push-Ups 50 Lunges
10 Burpees
25 Push-Ups 50 Lunges
100 Sit-Ups 10 Burpees
25 Push-Ups 50 Lunges
100 Sit-Ups
150 Air Squats
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak was at the gym for 6:15 this morning. There’s no way I could ever do that!

I took yesterday as a rest day after giving blood.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

J goes to the gym in the morning, he gets there about 7am and then goes to work. I can't do it although I appreciate its a good plan as it gets it over with.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Well done to Squeak if that's not usually her style!

It's no secret that I am an early morning exerciser. I'm making one out of Sproglette (we're usually there at 0545 or 0600) and Elvis (we leave for our runs about 0645), but I think they're also naturally early risers like me. :lol:

I'm trying to do a bit more later in in the day, but it's much harder for me to motivate myself! The gym does classes that start after 8pm and P goes to football 9-10pm, which just doesn't appeal.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s more that there’s no equipment available in the evenings so this was a different approach. Apparently it was still busy but with OAPs using the steppers rather than young lads hanging about.

She needs the heavy weights for legs work & won’t do other stuff at home.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We have OAPs on the cardio machines at the early sessions too. :love: Could she get to the heavy weights a bit easier then? That's good.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Bootcamp #2 now complete.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Badminton tonight with Sproglette. She’s away next week so I asked my Meetup mates and one of them bit. Neither of us profess to being any good, and as Sproglette and I don’t score (as it’s exercise and chatting rather than competition), I don’t actually have any clue. :))
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just under five and a half miles on the trail tonight in the shittest weather known to man. I lost count of the times I ended up on my arse or my face, I was absolutely soaked to the bone and about three inches deep in mud all over.

I loved it.