March exercising

Estrella

Re: March exercising

Post by Estrella »

I did Step 104 (30 mins) and Pump 111 upper body this morning.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Your pool stuff sounds lovely Hazey! And that you’re enjoying it. I really would love to learn to crawl but have enough going on.

Swimming yesterday morning then some casual walking. Handstands today and then my 1:1, which was rings stuff, splits stuff and backbends.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Mr P had a few front crawl lessons (from an Olympic hopeful!) when he was training to do a triathlon and wanted to try and improve his technique as his swim times were really letting his run/ cycle times down - he said he was still rubbish even after those lessons and ended up doing breaststroke anyway!

30 min yin yoga for me this morning, which was lovely.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I’m terrible at front crawl despite a few lessons years ago. I can just never get the breathing/timing right!

Nice easy trail run by the estuary today - just over 8 miles run and another couple walking back to the car after brunch :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Dance Step this morning was a lot of fun. Squeak’s old teacher was there & we had a nice catch up.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I’m going to end up with thighs like Chris Hoy soon. Another session on the bike last night and 15 mins on the cross trainer.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Pilates yesterday and a run this morning with Elvis. We’ve graduated from Elvis-led intervals to actual C25k. :mrgreen:

TRX class is planned for this evening.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I took Monday as a rest day and did Step Remix 2 today.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:12 am I’m going to end up with thighs like Chris Hoy soon. Another session on the bike last night and 15 mins on the cross trainer.
Do you need to get a member of your support to add enough extra weight :))

I did a 20 min ride last night and have been investigating the beginner strength programme so I can try some boot camp classes without flapping around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I did my first post Covid 5K today. It was mixed. I thought I’d started slowly but when I checked I was actually doing sub 30 pace. The first 3k were easier than I expected but then I started a (gentle) climb and hit the wall. So a couple of walking intervals and an overall pace of 6:08 which is OK really.

I have to do parkrun this week as A’s football team are doing it as a fundraiser and I’ve said I’ll be one of the parents doing it with them in case of any mid run crisis.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Flora Poste wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:12 pm
Hazey_Jane wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:12 am I’m going to end up with thighs like Chris Hoy soon. Another session on the bike last night and 15 mins on the cross trainer.
Not yet!
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Flora Poste wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:12 pm
Not yet!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Spin tonight, the themed playlist was Irish music in honour of Paddy's Day. The last track was I Useta Love Her, by the Saw Doctors which I love :))
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

All my loving is gone. As an aside, I think that’s the best selling single ever in Ireland
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Missed my club run tonight due to forgetting part of my kit, so had to run on my own when I got home. 5 miles in the dark - not my favourite but got it done.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Usual Tuesday. Pump before work, yoga at lunchtime.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Step 121 (30 min version) on Weds. The one I was doing when I broke my big toe, coincidentally one year to the day. And Step 119 today. It’s so hot here and it was an utter sweat-fest even with the air con.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Yoga last night - it was less heavy on the knees which made it better for me. This class really pushes me, which is great.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

wendy james wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:23 am
TRX class is planned for this evening.
This didn’t happen due to Badger trial but I’m going at lunchtime today. Did a C25k session with Elvis this morning and have remote handstand conditioning this evening.

Yesterday was gym with Sproglette in the morning then badminton in the evening. I managed to get to a lane swim session at lunchtime but need to rebuild my number of lengths!
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I've finally worked out how to stack classes on the peloton app (to be fair, it wasn't very difficult) so I did a 20 min ride then arms yesterday, and a 20 min ride then core today.

The difference between the beginner rides is ridiculous - yesterday I was on the highest resistance setting and barely broke a sweat, today I had to drop to the middle, did a PB and had wobbly legs walking down the stairs afterwards :))