March exercising

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: March exercising

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

BodyPump is awful if you even have one week off so well done.

I started to do a Les Mills hiit this morning, realised it’s hideous and switched to a core workout instead. Still not great, but somehow feels more manageable to me. Plus Corey. :love:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Hippy! (And Pippy)

I tried a “scenic” ride on the peloton today as I wanted something fairly easy to fit between yesterday’s efforts and tomorrows long run. I quite enjoyed doing my own thing and it ended up being a half decent interval session.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Strong start to the month here. Hope your run was good, TC.

I decided doing Step Remix 2 whilst mildly hungover today was a good idea. I sweated out the wine and burnt off 550 cals. Then I lay on the floor for a bit to recover.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Splits class went well and I’m closer to my standing box splits by an inch. I don’t need to measure my front splits as I have them but it’s good to see other’s progress! Then I went for a run.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

16 miles training run this morning. Really struggled in the last half a mile and my legs have totally seized now!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Mojo! You legend.

I did Step 119 (30 min version) on my lunch break today.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

mojojojo wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:30 pm 16 miles training run this morning. Really struggled in the last half a mile and my legs have totally seized now!
Crikey, I am so far behind where you are. :lol: I also have that dreaded feeling of everything seized up two days after the actual run. :mog: Still, there was dancing in the evening on top of that I guess and it is kind of nice to at least being able to hit these distances again for the first time in a long time.

I was going to go for another one tonight but no, I need to rest up so Wednesday will be my next jaunt.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Patience is definitely the way to go 👍🏻 Dancing is terrible for DOMS, in my experience :lol:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m a bit DOMS-y myself after all the BodyPump this weekend after having >2 weeks away from it, but more annoying is the fucked Achilles I picked up yesterday. I had to bin off today’s yoga and dance classes and I was hobbling like a 90-year old when I popped out to the shops earlier.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for rehabbing an Achilles sprain?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Sproglette and I went to the gym this morning and did some lower body stuff. Pilates at lunch and then a swim this evening before coming home and doing a remote backbends class. Monday is a bit busy. :lol:

Yin yoga yesterday was lovely. I wouldn’t even really consider it exercise, more a complementary practice alongside like trigger point release or getting a sports massage.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Hippy, that sounds like an ice and rest situation to be honest.

Step 118 (45 min version) this afternoon.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Re. achilles, my physio friend was very firm on no single leg stuff, loading it very carefully once the pain subsides. She also said not to use ibuprofen & let my body’s inflammatory response do its thing.

I did kettlebells last night.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Thanks Est and Pip, that's helpful. It's improved somewhat already, I think it's helped that I've been pointing and flexing my foot every time I think about it since yesterday evening, it's loosening up a bit. I did have ibuprofen this morning but that was for an unrelated issue, and I shouldn't need to take any more.

I did do Pump this morning because that's fairly static poses from the perspective of foot movement (and I didn't do the lunges) so I could work around it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s what I figured in Pump. Squat through the lunges.

Elevate it where possible too and don’t over work it? I know what you mean about flexing it to see if it still hurts.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

mojojojo wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:10 pm I tried a “scenic” ride on the peloton today as I wanted something fairly easy to fit between yesterday’s efforts and tomorrows long run. I quite enjoyed doing my own thing and it ended up being a half decent interval session.
mojojojo - ooh - please be my friend on peloton - I've just got one and the only friends I have so far are Mr P and Chicky :))

I've just done my first ride in Week 3 of the You can Ride programme - (90s ride) - hardest one for me yet, but I am keeping up.

Wenders - the Grime shadowboxing class we did on Sunday was really good fun, but we both felt it the next day (and the day after, and my right elbow is still a bit sore today) - really good upperbody counterbalance to the bike stuff though so we're going to try some more of those classes. I managed to keep up for the first half, but was definitely flailing around all over the place by the end.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That does sound good. Is it part of Peleton programming?

Elvis and I went for a run this morning, then P got a bonus night off so I cancelled my TRX class and we went to badminton with Sproglette instead.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Yes, it's part of the peleton stuff. I think I might have some guest passes to the peloton app though.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Spin tonight, this instructor is my favourite, I wish he did more classes though.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Flora Poste wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:07 pm

mojojojo - ooh - please be my friend on peloton - I've just got one and the only friends I have so far are Mr P and Chicky :))
Sure! How will I find you?

5 mile club run tonight. It was cold and my hip is still a bit sore.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I’ve pmd you mojo.