Moving in May

Estrella

Moving in May

Post by Estrella »

Sorry for the alliterative title Pip!

I went to post to the April thread and realised we’ve got a new month already. I started the day with Body Step 125. Haven’t tried this one before and utterly loved it.
sally maclennane

Re: Moving in May

Post by sally maclennane »

I did my first solo gym workout today, the instructor set up a programme for me via the gym app so I just worked through that. It definitely helps having done classes for a while as I feel pretty confident with the moves. The gym wasn't too busy which is my main concern as today probably isn't a normal day, given its a BH. If I'm WFH though, I could probably fit in a lunchtime visit so I might try that. I did around 45 minutes working through the programme.

Later this afternoon, we went for a walk in the local park so that was around 40 minutes.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I might join in . I did a home workout today because my usual Monday Zumba isn’t on on a bank holiday. I did a pump/ combat hybrid on Saturday and my arms really felt it , so I did my own hybrid today, a short sh’bam, a short combat and a short step . Id love to be able to get through a whole 45 min combat class at the gym without my back/ knees / ankles hurting, so I’m easing myself into it.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m glad the classes were worth it for getting you familiar sally.

Gardening was the extent of my exercise today. Elvis and I did go for a run along the beach near our Airbnb yesterday. She really wasn’t feeling it after a long day of walking the day before but she gets bored of our local routes so we couldn’t really pass up a run by the sea! It was R10, W5, R10.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Bodypump at the gym tonight, an hour’s class. I always think of a multitude of reasons not to go and develop aches and pains everywhere, but I always weirdly enjoy it. Apart from the lunges track. That is always horrible.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Lunges are the absolute worst. I can only bear it by doing body weight only.

I’ve been to Dance Step tonight in new trainers. Second time doing the routine and it wasn’t as awful as the first. I need to re-lace my trainers though as my feet started to feel fizzy halfway through.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I ran alone on Tuesday as Elvis fell off her bike the day before and scraped her ankle, right where her running shoe sits.

Upper body at the gym yesterday morning and TRX class this lunchtime.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Four miles of bastard hills last night, I really wasn't very good at it if I am honest.

Still, we all know that we have days like that - on to the hill reps on Friday.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did the 30 min version of Step 125 last night after work. I’m going to try and squeeze it in at lunchtime today too as I’m WFH and relatively meeting free.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Kettlebells tonight and it was hot & hard going. There was a woman next to me and another behind and they both seemed determined to be as close to me as possible despite loads of space elsewhere AND I was there first! :lg:
sally maclennane

Spin on Tuesday and Thursday night, then weights workout this evening. The gym was busier than I thought it would be which meant I had to do the programme in a different order. I'd also forgotten my earphones so I had to listen to the shit chat of some guys who were working out nearby :ella:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did a 30 min Step workout and LM run #7 yesterday, then Strength Development 7 today.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Did my hill reps last night and was genuinely looking forward to 14 miles on the trail in the pissing rain today but I had a real shit night with bloods so I woke up late feeling like shit. I can't risk anything going wrong out there and it absolutely isn't fair on the others trying to run whilst looking over their shoulder in case I drop.

Gutted but thats the way it goes, there will be other days.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Lower body at the gym Friday morning than a 1:1 in the evening, which was backbends focused, then an aerial yin yoga class. I definitely fell asleep. :mrgreen:

Handstands class this morning.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Dance Step today and phew, it was a hot/tough one. 🥵
sally maclennane

Weights on Monday, and spin last night. His playlist was Eurovision, I wasn't thrilled as I hate Eurovision but it wasn't too bad as he included some Liverpool bands. And Bucks Fizz :love:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I like his commitment to themed music.

TRX last night and upper body this morning, then badminton this evening.
sally maclennane

wendy james wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:36 pm I like his commitment to themed music.
I do too, it's part of the reason his is my favourite class :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Elvis and I finally got out on a run again! We picked it up from the one she missed. I think I need to go out without her too as her little legs are now slowing me down. :lol:

Handstands this evening.
sally maclennane

Spin again tonight, this class is harder than the Tuesday night one :emme: