Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Mountain Goat

Re: Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yup. I have some other symptoms now too but that has been my major thing (and my periods are only just starting to be slightly erratic, at 54). Absolutely ridiculous emotions before my period and around ovulation (the latter is sometimes a massive high, sometimes a massive low, it likes to mix it up) to the point where I can just roll my eyes at it because it's obviously nonsense as I'm suddenly deeply upset about something I was perfectly happy with the day before. It feels like I'm managing an internal toddler, so I mostly just ignore it. :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I get so full of rage I scare myself Hazey. About 4 days before I feel like I could literally rip someone apart with my bare hands. It always results in me absolutely losing my shit over the smallest thing and screaming like a banshee.

Luckily, the kids understand and mutter about my hormones until I’ve righted myself and apologised.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Marvelous, thank you. I’ve managed to convince myself that I’m terrible at my job and the worst person in the world and utterly unemployable.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Right, I went to see the doctor again and this is all because I'm under 45. In England if you've not reached that magic age you need two blood test 6 weeks apart to test FSH levels, regardless of whether you are on the pill as its considered early menopause.

I've my next one booked for next week, it was meant to be this but the nurse got Covid.

I think the GP is on the same page as me as she asked if I'd like to go on HRT, so I'll see what happens once the bloods are done.
Jet

Post by Jet »

Mountain Goat wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:51 am
Ruby wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:19 pm
Speaking of vadges. I watched a really interesting thing about women and their pelvic floors and how some transmen of the future are going to be fucked because no-one cares about fannies. I promise it is relevant to menopausal women and thei atrophied vaginas too. :witch:

https://youtu.be/J9ZNINhdhN0
This is brilliant, thank you.
This is brilliant. I've just caught up on tons of pages of this thread and glad to have found this.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Skips

Post by Skips »

I'm being put on HRT :frolic:

I've got an appointment 25/01 to get the coil and get my prescription. I'll come off the pill I'm on.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Make sure you have painkillers before the coil. Some people are ok but I found it horrendously painful.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Definitely and if it were men who required coil insertion they'd be put under GA for it or at the very least sedation.

Edit - sorry this makes it sound terrifying. Don't worry, but do as Bean suggests, it's uncomfortable.
Skips

Post by Skips »

My GP mentioned taking painkillers ahead of my appointment so I will definitely do that. My appointment is at 4pm so I won't return to work which is good.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's definitely good. A hot water bottle and R&R will sort you out afterwards.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Jet wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:18 am
Speaking of vadges. I watched a really interesting thing about women and their pelvic floors and how some transmen of the future are going to be fucked because no-one cares about fannies. I promise it is relevant to menopausal women and thei atrophied vaginas too. :witch:

This is brilliant. I've just caught up on tons of pages of this thread and glad to have found this.
Fantastic! Sooooo interesting. Every woman should listen to this...
George

Post by George »

Ahem. I am here. :look:

I am six month off being 45. I finally cracked at 3am the other night and panic ordered a FSH test online. I heard today that the blood sample (which was a nightmare to do) was unable to be tested, so I’m waiting for another. I was so frustrated that I phoned my GP - they won’t see anyone for anything but I struck lucky with a sympathetic receptionist who organised a phone appointment in four weeks (no fixed date or time though, I’m just to be ever ready and alert for the call, and I’m not sure how I’m supposed to manage the practicalities of that with work, but hey). She did a checklist thing and gave me the impression that this would all be quite straightforward. I really hope that is the case (although I’ll be staggered if it is).

I’m approaching this like I did childbirth. Give me the meds.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've had the coil but the HRT they prescribed there is a problem with and my usual pharmacy doesn't have it and doesn't know when it will come in. I've come to the Boots but I'm annoyed. I don't know if my GP wasn't aware or whether she justdeclined to mention it when offering me the options. I chose patches for convenience but would have gone gel if I'd known. Although maybe there are problems with it all.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Skips wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:49 pm I've had the coil but the HRT they prescribed there is a problem with and my usual pharmacy doesn't have it and doesn't know when it will come in. I've come to the Boots but I'm annoyed. I don't know if my GP wasn't aware or whether she justdeclined to mention it when offering me the options. I chose patches for convenience but would have gone gel if I'd known. Although maybe there are problems with it all.
There are problems with it all. I've had issues before. Go back to your GP if you can't get any.

This country is completely fucked
Malan
Skips

Post by Skips »

Ah, I'll try another couple of pharmacies tomorrow just in case I get lucky. If not, I'll go back to the GP.

Getting the coil was pretty horrific, but I feel OK now. I got ready meals for ease so at least i don't need to worry about dinner.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes, even before the pandemic it was terrible - my colleague could hardly ever get her 'script fulfilled and was generally having an awful time of it - I doubt it's any better now.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yes it does seem awful - pretty much every I've been to a pharmacy recently there's a pharmacist telling a woman they can't fulfil their prescription :verm:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yet we all knnow if men needed this stuff, it would be delivered by angels to their homes.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Disco wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:41 pm Yet we all knnow if men needed this stuff, it would be delivered by angels to their homes.
Exactly.

The 12 month hrt prescription is supposed to come in this April so women are not paying so much for hrt, but with this constant shortage that's never going to happen.
Malan
Elya

Post by Elya »

Dutchie wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:45 pm
Jet wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:18 am

Fantastic! Sooooo interesting. Every woman should listen to this...
Elaine Miller is such a star - she’s the women who flashed her merkin during the GRR “debate”. She’s also totally hilarious.