Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

wendy james

Re: Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Post by wendy james »

:mrgreen:
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

:lol:
Malan
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm sure this will have come up but search is not helpful - can anyone recommend a good supplement for perimenopausal hair? It's like guilty hair but worse. :)) Dry, frizzy and brittle and falling out (not too dramatic as I have far too much hair to begin with). I am well overdue a hairdresser which I plan to deal with later in the month and I'm sure that will make a lot of difference, but as I've also noticed my usually fiercely healthy nails showing signs of mortality I imagine there is a supplement/nutritional solution - or at least help - here. Google has just led me to puffed up marketing and clearly fake reviews. :ella:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luna

Post by Luna »

Anything with fish oil and biotin will help.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Viviscal is supposed to be good. My friends thin hair is showing signs of improvement since being on it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thank you!
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

As someone with visibly thinning hair due to constant hair loss the last year or two, I am very interested in Viviscal but that stuff is expensive! Still, if it works, it might be worth it...
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

L'Oréal haircare extraordinary oil has been great for my very dry and brittle hair, really sorted it out, and the Pantene Hair Biology Menopause range has also really helped my hair look thicker as it's become very fine and limp and thinner at the front.

Lately it's been insomnia and really sore dry eyes for me. I feel like a dessicated husk some days.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

My hair thickness improved significantly with B12 injections. However, that may not be menopause related.

The texture of my hair is annoying me though - it's gone noticeably bigger and more frizzy and generally more guilty. I think it's just that there's a lot more awful pubey Grey's nesting in there.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Fucking hell, I go on holiday on Saturday (first holiday abroad in 3 years) and my period has just started this morning :cry: I'm on the mini pill so I'm not meant to have periods but this is my second one in a few months. Both have been since I had Covid so I wonder if it's something to do with that. Just my fucking luck :verm:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I thought I'd finally update this.

I had my telephone appt and she listened, didn't challenge me at all, actually listened, and agreed that it was peri-menopause. We went through my options and she advised which pharmacies had stock of which helped my decision.

I'm on oral progesterone and estrogen patches.

My skin isn't so dry, my bladder tone has improved, the unexplained constant rage has disappeared and I'm feeling generally more like myself. It hasn't completely resolved the crippling period pain but it has lessened its duration and my cycle has shortened again.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

sally maclennane wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:14 am Fucking hell, I go on holiday on Saturday (first holiday abroad in 3 years) and my period has just started this morning :cry: I'm on the mini pill so I'm not meant to have periods but this is my second one in a few months. Both have been since I had Covid so I wonder if it's something to do with that. Just my fucking luck :verm:
That could definitely be Covid related Sal! I suddenly got my period after each vaccination and after Covid itself. Fingers crossed you'll have a short period!

Duo, that sounds like a really good chat with your doc and pleased you've been given something that appears to be working.

Thanks for all the other hair loss tips! I'm investigating...
Luna

Post by Luna »

I pretty much had a period on every holiday ever. Hope it’s over quick.
sally maclennane

I'm honestly so pissed off, the whole point of being on this pill is so I don't get periods! And now I've had two in the last 7 weeks. I'm going to speak to my GP when I come back from holiday as I think I'd be better on HRT if this isn't going to stop my periods.

Duo, that sounds really positive. I'm interested in the improved bladder tone. Did your GP say which product helped that? Mine has been crap recently, and given that I've not had kids, it feels unjust.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

It's supposedly an effect of estrogen levels dropping which I didn't know but in the past year it was one of the many symptoms I had and exercises just wouldn't fix it.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
sally maclennane

Thanks, I knew it was a symptom of meno but I wasn't sure which hormone it related to. Every time I cough or sneeze, i leak :verm:

I'm definitely making a GP appointment, my night sweats are getting worse and I'm fed up of them.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

My step mum told me about ten years ago about menopausal bladder issues not requiring you to have given birth. How utterly crap!
sally maclennane

I spoke to my GP this morning about the bleeding so she's giving me tranexamic acid for that, and suggested a mirena again. She did advise getting it done at the sexual health clinic, as she said they are much more skilled than she is! I'm still not convinced.

I have to get my haemoglobin levels tested again as I'm on iron tablets for that so I'm booked in for Thursday to get bloods done.

I forgot about the bloody bladder thing but I'll give the TA a go, and if it doesn't work well, then I'll make an appointment to discuss HRT as she mentioned that too.