Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Luna

Re: Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Post by Luna »

I’m peri you get loads of weird shit but it comes and goes.
Faddy

Post by Faddy »

Migraines were a thing for me - and super heavy periods. Migraines have thankfully slowed down (touch wood) and found working more regular hours,so I got proper sleep, helped massively. I take Propranolol to help prevent the headaches and that seemed to take the edge off. Now I am getting a period every 3-4 months. The last one caused a real dip in mood. I can tell I am not used to the hormones anymore. I am 51. My mum stopped at 52 so, hopefully, the end is nigh.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Faddy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:26 pm Migraines were a thing for me - and super heavy periods. Migraines have thankfully slowed down (touch wood) and found working more regular hours,so I got proper sleep, helped massively. I take Propranolol to help prevent the headaches and that seemed to take the edge off. Now I am getting a period every 3-4 months. The last one caused a real dip in mood. I can tell I am not used to the hormones anymore. I am 51. My mum stopped at 52 so, hopefully, the end is nigh.
I had no idea propranolol could be used for headaches. I get cold numb fingers and feet from taking it i think.

I had a great hrt review with my GP this week. The two women GPs there that have discussed hrt have been excellent. They were so good I wrote a glowing review after being surveyed by Bristol Healthwatch and they published it :lol:
Malan
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I managed to get a phone appt for next Monday and the receptionist gave me some good resources.

The balance app and https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/

I've randomly had numbness in the tips of my fingers on my right hand. It's made typing really annoying and weird.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Marth

Post by Marth »

Completely out of HRT. Patch ran out on Monday. I reordered ages ago but nothing doing. The GP has just called to try and prescribe something else but that confirmation has just come through and it's for the same patches. "Waiting for stock" :(
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, man, I’m sorry.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Gaaaah. This country. I despair.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Bloody hell Marth, that’s terrible. Have you talked to the pharmacist about it? I’m not sure if the amendment to allow them to give you an equivalent alternative has gone through yet but I think it’s imminent and at least they know what they have in stock.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Oh no, Marth! I hope you can get some patches soon.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Froozy wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 pm Bloody hell Marth, that’s terrible. Have you talked to the pharmacist about it? I’m not sure if the amendment to allow them to give you an equivalent alternative has gone through yet but I think it’s imminent and at least they know what they have in stock.
Thanks Froozy, and everyone

The GP talked to the pharmacist for me and it seems it's this or nothing. I believe the gel is completely out of stock as well.

I'm hoping a few weeks without it wont set me back too much.
Malan
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Oh no! I hope it's not too long a wait.
The UK continues to experience shortages in supplies of Oestrogel. Besins have indicated they are receiving deliveries of this product on a regular basis and acknowledge that the current supply is sometimes insufficient to meet the continuing extraordinary demand. Besins have delivered significant volumes of Oestrogel into wholesalers recently, which is approaching double the amount supplied in the same period January to April last year. The company is working to increase and expedite supplies to wholesalers and pharmacies across the country. In addition to the increases described above, Besins Healthcare plans to further increase production capabilities to enable further supplies of this product into the UK market in the longer term.

The BMS advises women who are experiencing difficulty in obtaining Oestrogel to consider equivalent alternative HRT preparations. This could include Sandrena gel (0.5mg or 1mg) or Lenzetto spray preparations.
I had a telephone appt on Monday and of course I didn't have a firm time so missed it due to being in a meeting. I was expecting a dressing down from reception but they've rescheduled me for tomorrow afternoon, again no time specified but at least I know it'll probably be around 5pm.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I’m really sorry Marth, what a pain when you are just getting sorted with it.

I have been prescribed the Lenzetto spray instead of the gel - I still have some gel at the moment so haven’t tried it yet, but I’m dreading it to be honest, as I’m feeling so well on my gel dose at the moment.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

This is AMAZING for hot flushes and I will be spending the summer wearing it.

I bought a different one for Cube last year to wear under his Dino suit and in general as he is heat averse. It broke a few day ago and we both got this instead.

It’s really bendable so fits in a bag easily. There’s no blades to get hair caught in and it can be positioned however you want it. I’m not keen on having it full blast in the face but pointed towards your cleavage/chest is divine.

It can also stand up on its own on a desk next to you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marth

Post by Marth »

The GP has found a pharmacy that can fill the prescription, but not until early next week.
Malan
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I have been on the mini pill since March and have had no periods other than one in the first month, I assume that I ovulated before I started taking it. So that's been good, as the bleeding at the start of the year had was terrible. Over the last few days, I had some very light bleeding and pink discharge which I didn't really think much about it because it seems to be a known side effect of this pill.
However today I seem to have started a proper period :verm: The bleeding is heavier and I have cramp-like pains.

I had blood tests done about a month ago for BP reasons, and they showed that my iron/haemoglobin levels were very low. My GP has put me on iron tablets, 3 times a day. Is it just a coincidence that my period started through week, or is there a connection?

I will obviously check with my GP but I just wondered if anyone had this experience with the mini pill or with iron tablets?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Skips

Post by Skips »

Have you had covid recently? I'm on the mini oill and the covid jabs effected me and I had a period shortly afterwards. I wonder if it's the same post covid?

Obviously if you haven't had it, scrap that.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I did but that was about 6 weeks ago. It may well be connected though, my periods went a bit haywire after my vaccines.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Disco

Post by Disco »

I have wondered about that Skips. It's now accepted that the jab can/ does cause a temporary thing with periods, and I have been having slight periods (like I did after each jab) just after a covid infection.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

This made me smile.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/tha ... redictable?
What is the average age for perimenopause?
The average age for perimenopause is whatever age you happen to be when you google any of the following:

What age perimenopause?
Skipped period start of menopause?
Why do I have free floating rage?
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

"free floating rage" :lol: