Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Disco

Re: Menopausal, perimenopausal, not sure, come join me!

Post by Disco »

Glad you're ok Sally, though it does sound like a complete ordeal really so kudos for taking it in your stride. I would definitely want GA for that procedure myself.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Thanks Dics, I am glad that I went for the GA, even though it was a bit of a faff, spending the day in hospital and also the recovery time. The hospital staff were really lovely though, they couldn't have been nicer.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's good they were so lovely. It really does make a difference. I was in a right state when I had an just an internal scan and kept half laughing & crying while they were doing it.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Good that you had it done under GA Sal! I've had 2 of the bastards with nothing more than paracetamol and they were honestly quite awful. I spent the whole time babbling like a loon, talking incessantly about the most random things.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's sounds horrible Dutchie! I'm getting ptsd from my post op c-section on paracetamol.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Oh yikes Dutchie, I had an endometrial biopsy without any painkillers (arsehole doctor just sprung it on me) and that was bad enough!

The consultant called me yesterday afternoon, I was a bit thrown by it, as I tend to think that weekend news won't be good news. However, it was OK and just her going over the next steps. She says that the fibroid I have is growing and is also in an awkward position, bulging into the wall of the womb. She think this may be causing the bleeding rather than the HRT. The problem is that unless I come off the HRT, there's no way to confirm that it's the fibroid. She is going to get an MRI arranged as this will let her see the position of the fibroid better. She'll also see me in August.

I've been on sequential progesterone for 2 months now so I've to stay on that and track my bleeding. She said she'll up the progesterone to 200mg (currently 100mg). I think the bleeding has been better on sequential HRT, but I need to track it properly. I also need to look into the higher dose of progesterone as I'm not sure how that will affect me.

She said that once she knows more about the position of the fibroid, she can decide what to do, including shaving a bit off it ( :nerves: ) or last resort, doing a hysterectomy but she stressed that would be a long way off.

I am glad that she's being thorough, I half expected that they'd just investigate and rule out anything serious ( :fc: ) and then leave me to get on with it. She seems keen to find a solution though which is reassuring.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luna

Post by Luna »

That is good service and great that she is managing this well for you Sal.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Sounds like you've got yourself a good gynae there Sal! I had a lovely one but she just treated the symptoms without looking for the root cause. Then I got another gynae once when she was off and my heart sank as it was a really young (and incredibly good-looking) man, whom I fully expected to dismiss me with a wave of his hand. Instead, he tackled the problem in a typically male way - let's find out what's causing this and tackle it head on. It's so great when a doctor wants to really investigate the problem and takes the time to do so. It might not be the quickest solution Sal but at least it will finally be a proper solution.
Luna

Post by Luna »

So, I’ve just had a free zoom call with women wise about my symptoms and everything is stemming from being fatty liver/ insulin resistant and needs sorting with diet. I kind of knew this but need specific help with macros. I’ll get sent a questionnaire and they test blood and urine to check your cortisol level throughout the day - I suspect mine are upside down. I feel a bit better for doing this as I’ve been scraping along feeling shit for weeks. :cry:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

This is a bit random, but I suspect it’s hormonal. Has anyone else found their sense of smell has gone crazy? It’s like 1st trimester pregnancy for me. Like full on everything is getting to me. I also am sweating more but can’t tell if I actually smell like a teenage boy or if it’s just this overactive sense of smell that’s amplifying it.