Show us your food! Corona Cooking edition

purple_dress

Re: Show us your food! Corona Cooking edition

Post by purple_dress »

That tuna looks so good!

I'll put the garlic roll recipe in the appropriate place.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I don’t know what food I last posted. Anyway, have my first açaí bowl, a scrambled egg breakfast, and some of my amazing Sri Lankan takeaway from the weekend. I could probably have used another vegetable but it was so good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

And then last night’s sort of Asian-ish food, of potstickers, shu mai, tempura prawns and prawn toast, stir fried broccoli, peppers and mushrooms, and some sesame gochujang wings :ready: :oink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

happyhighlandcoo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:13 pm Sorry for the terrible photography.
Don’t be!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I made four (4) cupcakes. This is still four too many but my afternoon tea breaks this week will be great.
Last edited by Epponnee Rae on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
absley

Post by absley »

Oh, they look fabulous, Epp. I love all the little accompaniments to your Sri Lankan takeaway.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:27 pm I don’t know what food I last posted. Anyway, have my first açaí bowl
Please tell me about the açai bowl! You’ve just given me major pangs for the ones I used to get after Barre3 at South Block in Georgetown :love: Do you buy them frozen?

Also - please tell me about the ribs in your Sri Lankan feast. I ordered baby back ribs in my farmdrop delivery after seeing these on your Instagram :mrgreen:
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I used to get them after CrossFit here, back when I actually worked out hard. :))

Yes, I bought the açaí paste frozen in individual packets. You let it soften a little bit and then chuck in a blender with whatever you want - additional frozen fruit, dairy/alt milks, nut or seed butters, too etc. depends how runny you want it and how much you want to taste the açaí. I added frozen banana (frozen in slices!), and a bit of pineapple juice as it’s what I had. Then blend until totally smooth and add whatever you want on top. I went back for more granola :)) I’ve also just bought toasted coconut flakes as a topping for my next one :weewee:

I don’t know why I waited so long to try to make one, I bloody love them! I know you can get powdered açaí so expect you’d either have to make and freeze your own paste, or use it with all frozen fruit to get the soft serve like consistency?
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Sorry, the ribs were from a local restaurant doing takeaway! I wish I’d cooked them. They had a really substantial spice crust that was not at all overpowering. Lots of cumin, and a bit of chili heat. Umm, not sure what else!
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Everything on here looks fab!

Squirrel do you have a recipe for your chicken and chorizo? I’ve got a full chorizo in the fridge which keeps looking at me.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I based it on this one
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chi ... o-rice-pot

And this is similar
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chi ... -jambalaya

Or Nigella has a traybake recipe, there’s also a sausage casserole thing I’ve made before which I can dig out.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’ve used that second recipe several times and everyone scoffs it without complaint.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Bread!

This recipe https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-yeas ... -no-knead/

So easy and it's delicious
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That looks gorgeous :llips:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

That looks great, bramble!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ooh I might make that chicken chorizo rice pot, Squizz. Thanks!
viggy

Post by viggy »

Lentil chilli and pulled pork quesadilla - the eagle eyed among you will have realised I keep having the same ingredients in slightly different ways :lol:
IMG_20200407_130951.jpg
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Thanks so much squirrel! I make the Nigella traybake one quite a lot so will try the others for a change.

Your bread looks lovely bramble.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Your ongoing pulled pork has made me tempted to get a pork shoulder I have in the freezer out, Viggy. It's like the neverending porridge pot, but much tastier. :))

HHC: Yes, just whipped up the aquafaba to soft peaks and stirred in the dry ingredients then the butter. It collapsed quite a lot as I did this and I'm not sure whether it should have, mind. It did smell a bit chickpea-y as I was whipping it but there is no chickpea taste in the brownies thankfully.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Banana bread.