Show us your food! Corona Cooking edition

wendy james

Re: Show us your food! Corona Cooking edition

Post by wendy james »

Homemade veggie burger with watermelon salsa, and all the sides.

And garlic dough balls.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ooh, perfect buns Wendy. I like the sound of the salsa too.

When I revealed the menu, S asked if I would cook some meat so I made a lamb curry instead of the cucumber and beetroot ones I had planned. It took 3hrs in the oven do I scaled back a bit. Lime and coriander yoghurt, coconut sambol, mango curry (this was my favourite, it was really amazing) and the lamb curry, served with rice, poppadoms and Geeta’s lime pickle. S loved it. G too - he had fourths of the lamb!

Liv fell asleep In S’s arms on the way back from our pre-dinner walk so we decided to save the love cake for tomorrow, so she doesn’t miss out on singing to him. I was too full anyway!
9AC3CB00-7143-4668-ACD2-E791F0BDFC2D.jpeg
absley

Post by absley »

Looks fabulous, emma.

Whay kind of burger, wendy?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

It was this one. I halved the ingredients and still got six decent size burgers.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-vegan-burgers

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/watermelon-salsa
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

That looks lovely emmap. Do you have a recipe for the mango curry please?
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That looks delicious, Emma! Lucky S. I don’t know if I’ve ever been too full for cake though.

M and I made Joe Wicks Greek yogurt bark to try and knock my daily ice cream habit on the head. We topped it with berries, honey and pecan.

I couldn’t tell you if it was any good though as it fell out of the freezer whilst Mr O was poking around in there and the dish it was in shattered.
BBE6EBA9-4DB0-4911-99E6-F04530C0D057.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
absley

Post by absley »

Gah, how annoying Olive!

Thanks Wendy, they sound good.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Oh olive, you poor sod!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ruby wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:29 am That looks lovely emmap. Do you have a recipe for the mango curry please?
Here you go. It was very easy to find underripe mangos!
15FA1AE5-6B4B-46C7-B49E-C8B9125AE84F.jpeg
Sorry about your dish olive, but it looks like it wouldn’t have been any substitute for ice cream really :))
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Oh no Olive! Couldn't it be salvaged in its greaseproof paper? It looks so pretty!
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

emma_p wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:27 am Here you go. It was very easy to find underripe mangos!
15FA1AE5-6B4B-46C7-B49E-C8B9125AE84F.jpeg
Well exactly. I've never actually bought a properly ripe mango in a supermarket.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

ParisGal wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:25 am Oh no Olive! Couldn't it be salvaged in its greaseproof paper? It looks so pretty!
The dish completely shattered and was across the entire kitchen so I didn’t want to risk any chips that may have landed on the yogurt.
emma_p wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:27 am Sorry about your dish olive, but it looks like it wouldn’t have been any substitute for ice cream really :))
I probably would have fed most of it to the boys and eaten the ice cream myself. :shh:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

D'oh!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It looked lovely, olive, but I don’t see it being much more healthy than ice cream :)).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The yoghurt bark looks lovely despite its sticky end, I have never heard of this.

I keep forgetting to post so a quick round up.

Pink fizzy elderflower wine (there are many bottles) which I fully expect to explode dramatically before it's ready to drink, so it all lives in a box in the garden. There is one in a plastic bottle that is dramatically swollen even though I left a good inch of space at the top.
IMG_20200531_155125819_HDR.jpg
A bagel from today's batch, which was a better batch than my first.
IMG_20200531_144051841.jpg
Spicy Korean rice cakes with pork and an egg (not one of the lovely eggs, but good enough). This is one of my favourite dinners but it is not very aesthetically gripping.
IMG_20200530_211434785.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Here is a mundane photo of sausages with herby potato salad which I am posting because I remember Rosa posting the very same wild garlic sausages a few weeks back (in a different dish) and I have been trying to get some ever since but they were always sold out. Anyway they were really delicious. Wild garlic or no wild garlic, the pork was delicious and they were juicy and wonderful and I wish I had given myself three.
IMG_20200528_205932132.jpg
Some ling with a tomato and anchovy orzotto, lovage salsa verde and some roast cauliflower leaves. I liked this because it was a proper scrape the bottom of the fridge dish but really came together.
IMG_20200526_210226669.jpg
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh no olive! It looked very pretty.

Some very lovely food on this page.

Lincolnshire sausages, roasted cabbage with sage, hazelnut and chilli, crushed new potatoes.

Crispy garlic-y bacon linguine.

Wild garlic pesto linguine and cheese-y garlic ciabatta.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Lemon curd sandwich cake
Jet

Post by Jet »

Cake :ready:

I am drooling at the sausages. And the bagel and the egg.

Here is scrambled duck eggs topped with leftover charred corn, cheese and avocado.

Dinner ordered in an appetizer meatball slider (these are so good, you get three each with a single meatball in side a garlicky bun) and caesar salad (also so good and massively garlicky) and I had them add artichoke and spinach

Dirty homemade toastadas with homemade chilli, lettuce, guacamole salsa and sour cream. Mr J was having a chili dog and I didn't feel like that so wanted something quick and easy for me to use as a vessel for chili
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Jet

Post by Jet »

Homemade all the stuff pesto (carrot tops, elderly lacinato kale, spinach)

A very brown dinner :lol: I should have done a non potato vegetable....little red potatoes roasted with garden oregano and rosemary, garlic, olive, chili flakes and ribeye with herb butter

Today's brunch pancakes with almond butter, raspberries, honey and coconut (Mr J made the pancakes)
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?