Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Mountain Goat

Re: Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Post by Mountain Goat »

I just took delivery of my Nopi via Dishpatch meal kit and I would like to say that I am very impressed by Dishpatch's packaging and the card clearly detailing how to recycle each and every component.

Ooh I didn't know about Aktar at Home, it looks really good and generous, I'm excited to hear how it tastes.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

bramblerose wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:41 pm(and Leicester)
:love:
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

I love looking at all these options, even stuff I'd not normally choose in a restaurant looks so appealing these (deprived) days. I see Dispatch has something from Little Viet Kitchen this time - I had a meal box direct from the restaurant last month and it was excellent.

I'm getting this for the last weekend of lockdown:

https://home-x.com/products/home-by-nic ... -2021-menu

There are some nice looking steak menus on that site too, but they include a bottle of red wine which I don't drink.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I was looking at that earlier when Suzi posted her Italian feast, it looks great. And right now I am blown away by the generosity of the Aktar stuff, the curry boxes for sure but also the meat box.
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

I like the look of that Vietnamese one, but the coffee dessert puts me off
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

I think J will feel the same Suzi, but that just means I get two.

The Aktar curries look wonderful.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Ok, the Aktar meal was lovely - I really enjoyed it, but I’d have to say not as much as Kolamba. Obviously they’re very different offerings - and very different ideas on portions sizes :lol:

As nice as the Aktar selection (vegan) was, and as much of it as there was! it was a lot of fairly similar dishes/textures (which is really the same of any vegan Indian we get).

Some really lovely fragrant dishes though and the “meat replacement” dishes were really well done. I think I liked the rice almost best, but I went really light on that so I could try a bit of everything else!

I’d defo recommend, but I think it just fared a bit poorly by comparison as we’d only had the Kolamba a week and a half before.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:10 pm Two of these things from Breakfast En Bread have just arrived, and they look great.
I ordered these for Mr D’s birthday breakfast and they were amazing! Thanks Ella!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, I am glad! I could eat one right now.
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

I’d definitely recommend Home by Nico. Really lovely food and easy to prepare.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I've just ordered a mixed meze from Bubala for M's birthday in a few weeks.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Has anybody had anything recently?

This hasn't arrived yet, and it's Restokit because I'm a fucking idiot, but I ordered this a few weeks ago from Gymkhana, and it SHOULD arrive today. It serves 4, which probably means 6 :uhh:.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Phwoar, that'll set you in good stead for the weekend. What's one meant to do with saffron water?
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

No idea! Is it for drinking or for finger bowls :80s:?
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

:mog: Right? I'm reassure that you're as lost as me on that point. I hope it comes with instructions, written or drawn.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ooh I have eyed up the Gymkhana ones, they look amazing. Tell us what it's like. :disco:

I've had loads of course. Every Friday. Smokestak, which gave us Friday dinner plus a load of lunches for me and I still have barely made a dent in the pickled chillies (we had the smoked brisket buns, plus wild garlic aioli potato salad and some broccoli with salsa verde and a chilli Tommy's margarita pouch).

Jose Pizarro, which was annoying as I had specifically picked it at a point where I really fancied the menu and they changed it at the last minute. I could have cancelled of course and what they sent was nice too. Loads of food but the main course was ribs and neither of us liked them at all. The instructions were just to heat them up and of course no fat got rendered and they were just....loads of white fat. We were already full too. I am probably a heathen for not enjoying them the Jose way - they were very, very juicy - but I saved them and charred them up the next day for dinner when they were delicious.

White Men Can't Jerk - Jerk chicken and chips. bargain dinner (£10 each) and delicious.

Stakehaus - purchased by accident, it was already in my basket when I bought the above, from about six months previous when I put it there to get detail on deliveries with no intention of buying it then either. I didn't notice and therefore got Fri night's dinner PLUS a steak dinner for four, all at once. :lol: We got Mr G's brother over (bubble) and had it on the Sat. It was very nice for something I hadn't chosen. Four bavette steaks, chimichurri, cauli cheese, chips.

Breddo's tacos (I had wanted Tacos Padre but looks like they stopped doing it once the restaurant could open :cry:) Corn tortillas, chorizo, chicken, steak, corn, all the toppings. It was actually a bit of a pain to prep (if you had done it on the bbq as suggested you could do it all at once, but I was using one pan on the hot ring so had to do it all one or two at a time and keep warm). Sausage was excellent, steak was predicatably chewy.

And tonight is a trad French Bistro meal from 10 Cases via Dishpatch. I can't actually remember what's in it and it's off the menu now so I can't check till it turns up but it was full raffia candle holder style. Gougeres. Confit something. Sounded bloody excellent. If only I had a checked tablecloth. Might have a word with the man who plays the accordion by the station.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I've ordered some Patty&Bun burgers which will be arriving at my dad's later on for his birthday celebration tomorrow (with my brothers & SILs but not us :cry: ).

Those little puff things look AMAZING, ella!
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Is 10 Cases the wine bar in Covent Garden, Goat? I used to love that place. And I love gougeres too.

Ella's feast looks really good!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes! It's very them, I am excited.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

The saffron water is for the gol guppas I think. It looks amazing.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing