Novelty cakes

Kleio

Re: Novelty cakes

Post by Kleio »

The cake is brilliant! I’ll have to show it to Elf as he’s requested a roblox themed cake this year too. Nothing as good as a washing machine though.
Jet

Post by Jet »

With roblox the options are endless :lol: He didn't know what he wanted but he knew I didn't want to make something ridiculously complicated so I just asked him what his favourite thing was right now and he was like :idea: I've never actually seen him play this game but he says it's very satisfying :mog: So here we are, washing machine cake :))
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Disco

Post by Disco »

It's brilliang. :lol:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Surely that requires a trip to the laundrette for his party?!

Great cake, as always, Jet.

I’ve been spying ‘blue velvet cake’ recently, and am keeping that in mind for R’s birthday in Nov. (Percy Jackson fan.)
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Washing machine cake! :love:

The frog one is brilliant too.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Princess Morripov wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:44 am A washing machine cake has cracked me up :lol:

I have a request for a Pokémon cake for Tupac, pirate cake for their joint party and a Power Ranger cake for Biggie, 3 weekends in a row. I think these will heavily involve plastic figures :lol:
Hahaha. I did a Pirate cake for a joint birthday party for the chaps. Lost my fucking mind researching it. Ended up putting a Lego pirate boat on top of a Costco slab.

I need to think of a cake I can do for the SAMs 18th. Well, one I can get someone else to do. He doesn't have any hobbies though. Except Karl Marx. :mog:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just showed the cake to Chunk to sense check whether I’m a terrible mother (I am). But he said that the Nigella malteser cake is legendary. This year was a good year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Ruby wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:49 pm

I need to think of a cake I can do for the SAMs 18th. Well, one I can get someone else to do. He doesn't have any hobbies though. Except Karl Marx. :mog:
If I can do a Genghis Khan cake for a 6 year old I’m sure SAM could have a Karl Marx one.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That cake looks fantastic, Pip!
Jet

Post by Jet »

That looks delicious! I bet S would have eaten more of that than the not chocolate cake contained within that washing machine :ready:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ruby wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:49 pm
Princess Morripov wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:44 am A washing machine cake has cracked me up :lol:

I have a request for a Pokémon cake for Tupac, pirate cake for their joint party and a Power Ranger cake for Biggie, 3 weekends in a row. I think these will heavily involve plastic figures :lol:
Hahaha. I did a Pirate cake for a joint birthday party for the chaps. Lost my fucking mind researching it. Ended up putting a Lego pirate boat on top of a Costco slab.

:lol: I have already bought a plastic pirate ship from Amazon :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

The buttercream bulging out of the malteser cake is compelling.
Princess Morripov

First cake of August is complete - the request was a yellow Pokémon cake with a big pikachu and a baby pikachu, which has been achieved through plastic figure purchase to save sanity :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ooh, that's good, Pov.
Jet

Post by Jet »

No brief from L this year and I had minimal time so I made him a rock :lol: and stuck a Zelda sword letter opener in it :))

My icing was melting as soon as I piped it so it’s a bit slapdash. Rocks/mountains are forgiving :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That’s great Jet. Betty has asked for an erupting volcano and dinosaurs so if you’ve got any mountain creating tips I’d appreciate it.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Wow, Jet!
Jet

Post by Jet »

My cakes were a bit soft (I chilled them rather than freezing) so I lost a couple smaller pieces (covered up the cracks with buttercream obv) and I was limited on time so had bought buttercream and it was melting in the piping bag in my hands so I’d just recommend plenty of icing to stick the cake pieces into the mountain shape and firmer buttercream.

For the color (ha - the white grey and black) all I did was squirt black gel food coloring down the sides of the piping bag before filling with plain buttercream and put another squirt on top of each scoop I added.

For the shape itself it was not planned - I just made a rectangle cake and cut a square for the base and cut pieces of varying sizes and angles to make up the shape.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We’ve outgrown novelty cakes here which is a bit sad but does make life easier.
Princess Morripov

I’d well have a smash on that.