Christmas Food Plans

Margo

Re: Christmas Food Plans

Post by Margo »

Mommy Dearest is coming here so I will have a lovely beef stew ready for Monday when she arrives, then I have a lobster for Cmas eve which will be grilled with garlic butter and new potatoes, then on Cmas day we have a meal booked in a lovely local Indian restaurant.

Ive gone a bit overboard on other food and nibbly stuff, I have fresh king prawns, halloumi... all sorts... :)
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Kenickie wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:37 pm That does not sound very dialled down. ;)
I thought of you today when I overheard someone in Asda saying they were getting Heinz beans for Christmas day dinner :lol:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol: :love:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'd like to see Goat's menu when she isn't dialing down. :))

I wanted to have a cheeseboard for Christmas Eve, but since Mr5 doesn't like cheese, the idea wasn't well received. So, we're going to cook a ham with parsnip and carrot mash and Mr5 is going to make creamed kale and Gruyere Gratin for me. For Christmas morning, we will have croissants, mixed berries with cream and raspberry mimosas.

My parents are hosting Christmas Day for the entire family, and we've only been asked to bring a fruit plate. We'll bring wine too. :priorities: Boxing Day with be just the two of us with the dogs, we'll have a pajama day, eat the leftovers from Christmas Eve in front of the tele and Skype his family.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

At some point I’m going to make the cauliflower cheese that Jane Baxter did on Saturday Kitchen this morning, possibly to go with the ham we bought. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/caul ... with_97986
indigo

Post by indigo »

I thought I'd posted on here. Hmm. Anyway. Christmas Eve will be German stuff - potato salad, pickles, cheeses and nice breads.

Christmas Day - J is making some amazing sounding salmon en croute which we're having with roast potatoes and red cabbage.

Boxing Day will be left-overs.

:ready:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Christmas Eve - no plans yet

Christmas Day - I was requested to bring a fruit salad :? So I’m taking this orange and pomegranate salad to SIL’s
https://www.redonline.co.uk/food/recipe ... uit-salad/

Boxing Day - Brother and partner here who is Turkish so no pork. Roast lamb on boulangere potatoes:
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/gar ... e-potatoes

29th - having friends here for what would have been M’s 40th birthday, who died recently.
12 adults and 13 children :twitch:. Jacket potatoes, chilli / cheese and beans / don’t know what else. Keeping it simple as it’s not about the food.

NYE - turkey roll for the four of us; basically a second Christmas dinner as I’m rebelling against not doing Christmas Day. Spiced red cabbage, potatoes and parsnips, bread sauce, carrots and sprouts, pigs in blankets, gravy.

NYD - soup, sausage sandwiches and a walk with friends, not sure if I’m taking food yet.

I need two puddings, one for Boxing Day and one to take to a friend’s house. I think I’ll do chocolate pots for one, and maybe another Nigella thing for the other, I’m thinking of one of those sunken cakes with whipped cream, or tiramisu, unless I come up with a better idea.
elena

Post by elena »

Please may I go to Squirrel's for boxing day?
After much dithering and with a vegan guest staying: Christmas Eve will be vegetable paella with additional garlic butter langoustines for the omnivores followed by pears poached in port and sloe gin with cashew cteam.
Christmas Day - vegan wellington or roast goose with all the usual suspects- roasties, red cabbage, maple glazed carrots & parsnips, celariac puree and sprouts. Then Christmas pud & mince pies - so very traditional.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Garlic butter langoustines. :ready:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ella77 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:28 am This is delicious, Demelza. You can make the filling in advance and freeze it.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... eks-recipe
I forgot to say that I’m working this into my plans somewhere :ready:.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’ve decided I’m doing that terrine for starter :ready: I’m still undecided about dessert. I’ve got a Christmas pud with brandy custard, and I’ve got brandy baskets to have with fresh fruit and cream. I might get some meringues and do a bit of a pav platter too. They’re not my cup of tea, but I think they’ll be popular with the monsters and the in laws.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I’m envious of everyone’s food. I can’t cook a roast in my oven but I can cook mince pies.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

They look perfect!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:hbeat:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

elena wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:45 pm Please may I go to Squirrel's for boxing day?
The more the merrier :))
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

My terrine is chilling in the fridge. It was nice and easy to make. I hope it tastes good!

Stuffing making tomorrow. I’ve found a recipe but it’s fairly uninspiring. Better than Paxo though
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I plan to make a calorific trifle instead of Christmas Pudding. J and S don't like 'real' Christmas pudding, and Mr M has been diagnosed as diabetic :( so won't be eating any anyway. S sent me a recipe for a Chocolate Orange trifle, which sounds decadent and divine.
Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 21.21.12.png
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Phwoar, that looks good!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

M&S Food France are apparently doing a Colin Yule Log!
festive colin.jpg
I can't see it on the UK site, but maybe it's just too late?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I have just retrieved my ham from the slow cooker, 2kg is quite a lot of ham as it turns out