DISCO! That looks amazing.
Disco

Re: Show us your food! Corona Cooking edition

Post by Disco »

Tith and bread :ready:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thanks, it was delicious I must say. It’s a regular meal here; we love it.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That pasta's on my list for a meal this week, as I found a pack of pine nuts I'd forgotten about.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

That looks amazing Disco. And yes I had pie with mash (and broccoli and peas). LUSH.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

We got veggies and salad yesterday so had this for health:
IMG_20200329_190621_copy_1152x2304.jpg
I forgot to take a photo of the chocolate cake and cream 😁
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Dics :clap: I was thinking about starting a pandemic food photo thread last week but thought I’d just be talking to myself. A day in and four pages down and I see how wrong I was! I’ve missed the food pic threads :love2:

Right, well, I’ve been taking photos of most of my food for the last few weeks, so prepare to get spammed (not with actual Spam, I’m not there yet). First week-ish of eating at home
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I’d also like to say that the bouikas, bread, TITH, risotto, cakes and pasta all look amazing. ETA and Chicky’s PIE :ready:

Much of my food is an assemblage of things on a plate. Things on toast are back with a vengeance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Epponnee Rae on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Some actual cooking in this batch!
absley

Post by absley »

Lots of delicious-looking variety there, Epp. I esp like the pickled onions idea, I will do a batch for the fridge as we're having a lot of wraps/ quesadillas etc.

We had a herb-heavy version of those AJ green fritters this week, with kale salad. I wasn't fussed (I think I'd add a bit of flour next time) but it was a good way to use up all the wilting herbs.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Lovely Epp! I really want all the avocado so much especially with my ultimate favourite mozzarella and tomato. That burrata. I can taste it in my mind's mouth.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

absley wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:26 am Lots of delicious-looking variety there, Epp. I esp like the pickled onions idea, I will do a batch for the fridge as we're having a lot of wraps/ quesadillas etc.

We had a herb-heavy version of those AJ green fritters this week, with kale salad. I wasn't fussed (I think I'd add a bit of flour next time) but it was a good way to use up all the wilting herbs.
I added flour to mine (the fritters), abs. I also used both a bit of courgette and purple sprouting (both were fading in the fridge) and a bit of spring onion and different herbs, as well as both feta and goats cheese :lol: I do wish I’d added tarragon though. I liked them, especially as a way to use up expiring veg. Also I’ve got two meal’s worth after halving the recipe so that works for me.

I am a bit obsessed with the red onions and wish I’d realized how easy they are sooner.

Sorry about flaunting the avo and burrata, Sid. Is your broc and anchovy pasta recipe on here? I got anchovies last week for a different recipe and have since eaten the other ingredients :george: but I’ve still got broccoli and some pine nuts!
Last edited by Epponnee Rae on Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Good thread, it looks like people are eating well despite no food. I especially love the TITH, macaroni cheese, fritters (definitely give these a go next weekend for lunch) and Victoria sponge.

I've only taken one photo so far at this special time which was halloumi (bought at Christmas), potatoes (which we never buy, Mr Coo panic bought), mushrooms and peppers, all just shoved in the oven for 25 mins. Not a great photo, I took it for my sister, not for the thread but no judgement here?!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Never any judgement for haloumi and hasselback potatoes :yummeh:
absley

Post by absley »

Definitely no judgement, coo! My onions are pickling :flirt:

Anchovies are a sore point for me atm - decent ones are always tricky to find here and I used a load last week, to try the Alison Roman shallot & anchovy pasta which was mediocre. Such a waste.
Margo

Post by Margo »

I had a lovely roast dinner yesterday, it didn’t stay on the plate long enough to be photographed!

Question: I just got a bread mix out for later and discovered it’s use by date is July 2017. Would you risk it? Google is very woolly on whether I should or not!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Open it and give it a sniff?

Epp, yours all looks so nice and varied.
absley

Post by absley »

I'd use it but not expect it to rise as much, as the yeast component will be so out of date. Do you have up-to-date yeast you can supplement with?

I'd also check it smells okay when it's hydrated.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I really want your salmon Epp.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Epp those all look amazing and I’m jealous of Coo’s halloumi :puppy:.

I agree with Abs about the flour, Margo.