Show us your food! Corona Cooking edition

Chicky

Re: Show us your food! Corona Cooking edition

Post by Chicky »

That looks amazing Emma. Where is the recipe from please?
Disco

Post by Disco »

smalex wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:18 pm Did you use fresh cranberries? I bought cranberry stuff in a jar but genuinely have no idea why (we ate at my sisters) and now I don't know what to do with it. I wonder if I could use it in some sort of cake? It's basically jam isn't it.
Maybe you could do a version of Nigella's store cupboard cake using the cranberry jarred stuff instead of marmalade?

I bought a jar xmas 2019 to make Pip's xmas dinner club sandwich. That stuff must have so many preservatives in it because I used it again this year. :mog: It was as good as new.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Good idea! (or maybe I'll just keep it until next christmas?!)
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

They are fresh, yes but the recipe says you could use frozen. You put them in the bottom of a cake tin, pour caramel on that then the cake batter.

It’s from the Tartine book: https://blog.markethallfoods.com/recipe ... -down-cake
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Thank you!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That looks fabulous, emma. I’ve got cranberries in the freezer so that gives me something to do with them :ready:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Avocado pasta. Not that exciting, but I put homemade lemon powder in the avocado and on the peas! The bowls are really deep, the portions look tiny, but they're not, honest.
IMG_20210111_195045.jpg
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

smalex wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:18 pm Did you use fresh cranberries? I bought cranberry stuff in a jar but genuinely have no idea why (we ate at my sisters) and now I don't know what to do with it. I wonder if I could use it in some sort of cake? It's basically jam isn't it.
Serve it with baked camembert :ready:

I made Pinch of Nom's pork cassoulet this evening (and a veggie one simultaneously; substituted the pork with butter beans). It was super easy and the children asked if we can have it again :faint:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Loads of their stuff is great isn't it? Just practical, quick, healthy etc. I just got the third book.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Massive fishfinger sarnies. Minted pea puree on the bottom, tartare on the top, crumbed haddock fingers, and homemade buns. I needed to unhinge my jaw like a Burmese python.
IMG_20210111_205614147.jpg
IMG_20210111_205845250.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

smalex wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 pm Loads of their stuff is great isn't it? Just practical, quick, healthy etc. I just got the third book.
I've used a few of their online recipes but my sister gave me the Everyday Light book for Christmas. I was a bit insulted as it's an obvious reference to my current weight :lg: but it is actually good.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Marry me, Goat. I can cook spag bol on Sundays, but not limited to Sundays and do not need to have it weekly.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Phwoar, Goat! :love2:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Disco wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:55 pm Marry me, Goat. I can cook spag bol on Sundays, but not limited to Sundays and do not need to have it weekly.
This is definitely a better deal than my current one. :))
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

smalex wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 pm Loads of their stuff is great isn't it? Just practical, quick, healthy etc. I just got the third book.
I've seen a lot of their recipes that look quite good but I simply canNOT get over the name so sadly I will never use them. :cry:
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: I never mention it here because I feel like there will be a high degree of judgement about the name :snooty: *

*it is APPALLING :))
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I admit I had assumed they were shit because of the name alone. :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Theyre not haute cuisine, I Don't think Emma's going to be investing in them :lol: but they're healthy/low calorie, practical, quick, inexpensive and I can often convince my not wildly adventurous offspring to eat it, so they're like the golden ticket (of compromises) for me :lol:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Yes, the name is definitely the worst thing about them. I'm not even sure I'd have bought the book for myself, its so awful :lol:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I keep seeing lovely-looking recipes from PoN but the name and the reference to slimming puts me off every time :snooty: :fatknackerdontcare: Smal’s summary makes it sound interesting though :puzz: