What time do you eat your evening meal?

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: What time do you eat your evening meal?

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My friend (the miserable lesbian) who is a food technologist is a proper feeder. She batch cooks every Sunday and gives a couple of portions away to her elderly neighbours.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Since lockdown we eat dinner together, every day between 6.30-7pm.

Luckily the boys eat what we eat as I do not have the patience to cook separate meals. If it’s spicy they will have plain yogurt (with curries) or a glass of milk. :ttth: I do try to compromise and tone it down a bit for them.

During soccer season we would have to eat at different times due to practices but on those days it would be something that would reheat easily or could be thrown together.

Mr O would eat 6pm on the dot everyday given the choice but I prefer to eat a bit later.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

We have supper at about 8.30 - 9.
When the children were little I used to do 2 shifts and we would eat once they were in bed. When they grew up a bit we ate together at 8 but it made for a rather later bedtime than I would have liked for them.
It was always supper when I was growing up at home and it's stuck. However all my friends had tea. One of my sisters now refers to that meal as tea and I find it very unsettling for some reason.
Lunch is lunch except when it was a school dinner, which, thinking about it is daft.
Lunch is our main meal of the day. Supper is a lighter meal here whereas at home with Mum and Dad it was the main meal.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

We all eat together at about 6. This is both before and during lockdown. I would eat later but Partner is hungry by 5. The chaps eat exactly what we eat - like Olive they have milk if it's spicy, although the SAM can take more heat than I can now.

I'm actually really bored by all eating every meal around the table at the moment - I normally have lunch on my own at work and I find it quite irritating. I just want to trough a sandwich in front of the TV on my own.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

We're currently having our evening meal at around 6.30pm, earlier than we did before lockdown. I'm going to bed (and waking) much earlier than I used to too.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We usually eat around 9, but are often eating earlier at the moment because we're done for the day so much earlier and don't have the same early evening commitments. It is interchangeably tea or dinner, but lunch is always lunch, although I grew up calling lunch dinner.

Eating out is different, I'd usually book for 7-ish. That's because I would usually meet the person I'm eating with around 6-ish (ie straight after work), and more than an hour in the pub first is going to render a nice meal somewhat pointless.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ruby wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm
I'm actually really bored by all eating every meal around the table at the moment - I normally have lunch on my own at work and I find it quite irritating. I just want to trough a sandwich in front of the TV on my own.
Very much the same here.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Gawd, yes. I'm so over all these meals. I too used to have lunch on my own at work and I really miss it. I'm also fed up with all the bloody cooking involved.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

See this is why I refuse to do it in the week. I know it’s probably not what I should be doing, but I’ll happily eat a plate of griddled veg, a toastie, a slice of toast with beans. Sometimes the joy of dinner is it’s not “dinner” it’s just what you fancy.

See also last nights, two eggs scrambled with butter and mushrooms, salt pepper and a dash of tobasco. Hit the spot perfectly .

I do worry we should all eat together, but then I remember being fed dinner on a Saturday and mum and dad didn’t eat and they had something nice from m&S with a bottle of wine after we’d gone to bed.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Ruby wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm I'm actually really bored by all eating every meal around the table at the moment - I normally have lunch on my own at work and I find it quite irritating. I just want to trough a sandwich in front of the TV on my own.
I don’t always eat lunch with the boys as I need to be away from them by then. :twitch: There is such a thing as spending too much time together. I’ll often give them lunch at midday and let them have at the Xbox as I know I can eat in peace. Occasionally Mr O will eat with me or them depending on whether he has meetings.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

We normally have dinner around 8pm when Mr P gets home, but we're eating about 6:30 at the moment because he's home and I much prefer it.