Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Ruby

Re: Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Post by Ruby »

I'd be annoyed by that too, Brambs. Did you put a slice of Warburton's in the toaster for the rest of the terrine? :))
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

No, I just rammed it in my face :lol:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Half a slice of bread! That’s ridiculous! I’m sorry it was disappointing.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh what a disappointment. Half a slice of bread and a dodgy pie. I was the other end of the spectrum with a similar terrine/ bread starter but with two baguettes which meant I was stuffed before main ( maybe should have saved one for lunch...).

Sadly no wine with the kit Toast ( though obviously I did have wine with it). It was gorgeous and just what I was in the mood for, comforting yet treat -y.

( Also I am increasingly impressed by Dishpatch: choice, pricing, packaging, clarity of instruction, frequency of menu change, ability to forward plan or do last minute. They are all multi course meals and I don't always want that, but when I do, I'm impressed)
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I'd have been very upset about the bread. I used to get "don't fill up on bread" parroted at me all the bloody time but I love bread and I will fill up on it if I want to. That's a different thread though :)

I really liked the sound of yours, Goat and I am glad you had wine too!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I left feedback on their Facebook page and have had a private response which basically was sorry, will feedback, thank you.

I don't think we'll order from them again.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Skimping on the bread seems so weird, it's not like it's a particularly expensive ingredient! Not a great response to your feedback either.
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:56 pm Suzi, it’s delicious, but I might die; I’ve never eaten so much, even though we only had about a third of what was available. It will definitely do us two more meals. The flavours are wonderful.
I ordered it and we had it over two nights, it was amazing but so much food! G really enjoyed it too, he was really happy with it, and the Indian summer cocktails I made to go with it!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’m glad you liked it! I’ve never seen so much food.
absley

Post by absley »

I ordered the non-veggie Gymkhana menu for us this weekend, which has just arrived and looks lovely. I also have a huge stash of Big Mum's samosas arriving today, so we definitely won't go hungry. :ready:

We had Breakfast en Bread earlier in the week, which was delicious - thanks for the recommendation (Ella?).
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I must order that again some time (the B-e-B!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I know this was probably inevitable, but so many places have stopped doing food kits now. It’s such a shame.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It is. Its like the takeaway situation. There were so many better options that have gone away again
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I know. :( Dishpatch still has a good/growing range and I've noticed a few that were previously doing their own thing (Smokestak) or working with other third party ones (Jose Pizarro) have migrated there. There's a new vegan Sichuan menu on there that looks good. But loads of the restaurants that were previously doing it themselves have stopped, understandably. I hadn't got through my list! :cry:

We have Korean Anju from Jae tonight.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think it's such a shame, and a bit short-sighted.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Financially though, its better to have people in your restaurant, you make more of your money on alcohol rather than food.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I assume in most cases it was the restaurant staff preparing the kits, to keep them in work and the business going, and they can't easily do both now that restaurants are back open. It is a shame though.
Last edited by Rosa on Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:08 am Financially though, its better to have people in your restaurant, you make more of your money on alcohol rather than food.
It is, but many people just won't go to them now with restrictions being lifted, so I think they're missing a trick.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Maybe they'll bring them back if that happens.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

To be fair I think most hospitality businesses are struggling to get staff to run the restaurants/bars, never mind employ extra people to do food boxes. Shame, although something would have to have been done about all the plastic.