Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Mountain Goat

Re: Restaurant Meal Kits I Have Known And Loved

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ooh, I look forward to you reporting back on Lima, it sounds lovely.

They seem to be guaranteeing that it will arrive by 2pm on the day - which, well - I'm used to the deliveries not turning out quite as you might like and adjusting the order day/meal planning which means a) I don't care that much and b) yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. All the couriers fuck up from time to time. I initially went back to order more stuff as I thought it was because I wasn't spending much but...no.

I had to order cocktails to make the % total cost swallowed by the delivery fee lower. :look: :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:08 pm I had to order cocktails to make the % total cost swallowed by the delivery fee lower. :look: :))
Well, of course. :george:

I've ordered mine to arrive on Friday 5th, which at least gives me a 24 hour buffer zone for any courier fuckups.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

I loved Hoppers too, it's one of the last places I ate in Before. I'm too mean to pay £15 delivery though. What are you having Goat?

I just made the mistake of looking at Lima and now I'm starving. Nice choice Rebs.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The whatever-the-meal-for-two is. Lamb Kothu roti meal kit. It has the lamb kothu, mutton rolls and a pudding of some sort. £30 for three courses seems pretty good, until the delivery fee happens.

I haven't disclosed the delivery fee to Mr G. He won't question the total being for the mystery of food which in his head tastes the same whether it costs £20 or £200. :look:

Hoppers was on my List in the Before Times, but I never actually went. :cry:
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I was trying to figure out what to do for our 10th wedding anniversary in March as our usual plans (dinner at the restaurant where we had our after-wedding lunch) was off, and then I discovered they are doing meal kits. Hurrah! That's us sorted. :))
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I love Lima so I'm really interested in how the kit turns out.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I’ve ordered afternoon tea from Sketch for in my week off in early March. It looks beautiful, as do their proper meals. Special occasion prices though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Cor.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Oooh! I've been for afternoon tea at Sketch and it was so good.

I've made my husband order the Jose Pizarro Mother's Day meal kit as the valentines one was so good.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Livilla wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:41 pm I was trying to figure out what to do for our 10th wedding anniversary in March as our usual plans (dinner at the restaurant where we had our after-wedding lunch) was off, and then I discovered they are doing meal kits. Hurrah! That's us sorted. :))
Excellent!

That Sketch tea looks amazing.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That looks beautiful.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I may have over-ordered a tad for tomorrow night. Just a smidge :look: My fridge is full to the gills.

(It's chap's birthday weekend, burgers from burgers and beyond tonight.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oooh. :ready: And Sketch! I didn't know they were doing them (which reminds that if anyone is looking for something special/celebratory, there's Rogan at Home and Northcote are also doing them).

And the Jose Pizarro Mothers Day one looks amazing. Damn that I have already committed to my expensive one for March. :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

The Sketch proper meals look amazing.

Terre à Terre (vegetarian) in Brighton has just started doing nationwide delivery. Their interface is a little clunky, and I accidentally ended up ordering a delivery for next Friday when I was only trying to see when they were delivering :lol:.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Ella77 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:49 pm Terre à Terre (vegetarian) in Brighton has just started doing nationwide delivery. Their interface is a little clunky, and I accidentally ended up ordering a delivery for next Friday when I was only trying to see when they were delivering :lol:.
Yeah. Of course you were... :))

That Tapas looks delicious, Del. Please report back.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I was! I didn’t exactly cancel the order though :)).
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

What have you (inadvertently) ordered Ella?

The burgers were dirty deliciousness last night, and we've just done 3 of the tapas which were lovely. Shall slap the picture on the appropriate thread.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s a set menu. The main course is a (cheese) fondue soufflé that sounds really nice, with what I think might be chunky-chip sized rosti (or a large one- that’s not very clear). Garlic focaccia and a couple of dips to start, rocket and smoked tomato salad, and a mad-sounding chocolate thing;

Chockablock with deep rich 70 % cacao mousse made with hazelnut cream, lusciously layered with praline and chocolate shortbread, packed with fresh raspberries, finished with cocoa shiny glaze and topped with raspberry dust, served with chocolate crack shards.

The tapas sounds good. Alioli :ready:.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

That sounds amazing! Did you ever have the afternoon tea? It was a thing of beauty :wistful:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I've ordered a Vegan Feast from Arabica for my birthday in a few weeks, (I will add shop bought halloumi.) I panicked afterwards and thought they had bad reviews on here so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for something decent.

I reckon restaurant food boxes are here to stay. My work supplies the company that does Stick Rein's seafood boxes. They have sold by the thousands (per week) and Stick has decided to carry on doing them after lockdown due to their popularity.