Foodie disappointments

Kleio

Re: Foodie disappointments

Post by Kleio »

I enjoy risotto but I rarely find it filling and I’m hungry again within a couple of hours.

Steaks are something i don’t understand. They’re nice enough but I’m bored after a few mouthfuls.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Asparagus is shit.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Couscous. It's so useful and versatile and makes me cry with boredom! I made a morrocan stew with couscous the other night and my first taste was delicious but all subsequent tastes where so samey and repetitive that I couldn't carry on.

Olives are the devil's work. But I could eat risotto for the rest of my life, which I realise makes no sense considering my complaint above :lol:
Heartsick.blog
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Oh god, cous cous is awful. Cardboard nothingness. It has to be totally disguised in something like tabbouleh before it's worth eating.

I agree about sushi. It's really pretty but so bland and the vegetable ones often have mayo in them.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Mine is not so much a food, but a drink, and it’s alternative teas to the Black leaf brew. I don’t like any herbal tea, but especially chamomile tea - I don’t know how anyone can drink it, it tastes like evil.

Green tea is bitter, fruit teas & mint teas are dull dishwater.

Basically, I’ve tried, but everything other than a proper builders cup of British tea is a massive disappointment.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Oh, I have thought of a foodie one that everyone raves about and I don’t think is great - curry.

Every curry just tastes of...curry...but with different levels of mouth burning - I don’t understand how anyone could love something that burns. :lol:
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Even Thai curry, Hobbes?

I’m with the risotto deniers, it’s too claggy and samey.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Even Thai curry has that overriding curry taste that they all taste of. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat some curry, I just don’t think it’s that great.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I totally agree on tea Hobbes. My brother INSISTED on making me some fancy tea once when I kept saying normal tea would be great and it tasted disgusting. I tried numerous fruit and herbal teas when pregnant and they all promised the world in their title and tasted like dishwater in reality.

Cous Cous isn’t healthy for me as to make it taste of anything I end up drowning it in dressings and oil and salt and pepper id be better off having a cheese sandwich.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I had risotto for dinner just last night. Duo’s right. :)) I enjoyed it though.

I found Negronis very disappointing. So bitter, and I like bitter.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

olive wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 am I’m generally very anti chicken with pizza (in fact no meat on pizza :ttth: ) and pasta but Nigel Slater’s roast chicken risotto is lovely.
I agree with both these! Nigel's chicken risotto is so comforting.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I love risotto but J doesn't like it, so I rarely make it as its impossible to do without making a mountain of it.

I hate olives and I can't be doing with folk trying to convince me otherwise :ttth:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luna

Post by Luna »

I love olives and risotto but couscous can do one.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Cous cous is my nemesis. I cannot make it properly. I don’t really like it much. Pearl cous cous however is amazing.

I don’t enjoy a regular cup of black tea. Like English breakfast type stuff. It’s horrible. I’ll force a cup down to be polite if someone gives me one but, urgh. Earl Grey and the like are tolerable, and I’m addicted to peppermint.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Peppermint tea is the king of tea. Someone got a pack of various fancy teas for us at work at Christmas and the peppermint is the only one that's been used. Strawberry and cream.tea anyone? :vomit:
Heartsick.blog
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I like chicken pizza, especially barbecue

Sorry everyone, I feel like I've let the side down.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Bendywendywoo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 am Peppermint tea is the king of tea. Someone got a pack of various fancy teas for us at work at Christmas and the peppermint is the only one that's been used. Strawberry and cream.tea anyone? :vomit:
It depends what type they are but if it's T2 I was pleasantly surprised by some of the weird sounding combinations in my advent calendar, including the strawberry and cream. Might be worth a go!
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

H1ppychick wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 am I like chicken pizza, especially barbecue

You have not, Jude specifically said no judging, nothing is wrong, it’s just a preference. :snooty:
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

For example, in my opinion, Bendy should be exiled from Britain with Estrella for their love of peppermint tea over proper tea, but each to their own. :wink:
Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

H1ppychick wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 am I like chicken pizza, especially barbecue

I do too, but I'd never cook it myself. The supermarket does a nice one though :))