Foodie disappointments

emma_p

Re: Foodie disappointments

Post by emma_p »

Ours doesn’t fit on the countertop either (it was a gift) so I had to create a special coffee station :look: I properly love it though and it saves me so much money.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I've used my coffee machine milk frothing stick* as Emma does and that's a good call. Much nicer than simply heated milk. My stick blender does the best froth though. Sometimes I just froth cold skimmed milk with a scant teaspoon of sugar in for a treat.

*eta steaming bit!
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Chicky we should move in together. I wouldn’t Thankyou for a chicken breast, generally quite dry and tasteless, I love chicken thighs, chicken wings second favourite.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I quite like chicken on pizza but not that weird over sweet BBQ stuff. I also love well cooked risotto but couscous is vile.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Lola wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm Also! It doesn’t make it hot enough IMO.
Hmm, that combined with a puny measure means it’s probably not for me then.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Disco wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:00 pm I made one of those dalgona coffees with my new stick blender and i think it will be amazing for hot chocolate now I've read about velvetisers.
Ooh! Genius!

I love a good hot chocolate, but as that means made with FF milk, real chocolate, cream, added sugar etc. I almost never actually drink it. We used to go to a strange little café in Paris where they gave you a huge bowl with chocolate melted into a paste (presumably chocolate + ??), and a big jug of hot frothed milk, then you mixed it yourself :love:

God, I miss whipped cream :(
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Giant couscous (frogs spawn)
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes, Marth! I bought some, burnt the first batch and was hugely disappointed in the second.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Giant couscous is horrible.

Would you not just have the cream, PG? (Or are you allergic to it, in which case, sorry!)
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Lentils. I do try as I had them in a restaurant once with duck and they were quite nice. But mine just end up tasteless and either mushy or like bullets.

I do realise this is probably more to do with my cooking ability.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I absolutely love giant couscous. It is quite easy to overbook it to a slimy mush though. Loads of olive oil helps. But I hate boba/bubble tea, which is true frogspawn.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Squirty synthetic fake cream has surprisingly few calories/fat. I don’t personally like cream but S is a fan of squirty anchor and the like and it’s a way to get her to eat “fruit salad” so we have some in the fridge.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I love giant couscous! That salad with giant couscous, halloumi, corn, basil and walnuts is one of my favourite summer meals.

Angelina's hot chocolate, PG? :love: I only buy whole milk - it's still only 4% fat.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I agree with lentil. That lentil ragu was massively disappointing. I enthusiastically made a big batch and then had to force myself to eat the other portions after they'd lingered in the freezer for months.

I love my velvetiser. I think it makes it at just the right temperature so it's drinkable straight away. I hate having to wait for drinks to cool.

I also hate couscous. Everything you might do with it is 600% nicer with rice instead.

And ramen is rubbish because soup is shit. Apart from Heinz tomato when you're ill and my mum's turkey soup at Christmas.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I used to love chocolate squirty cream but I haven't seen any for years.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I love ramen!

I hate normal couscous but like giant couscous in that corn halloumi you've just mentioned Emma. Delicious.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

There was chocolate squirty cream?!

I always laugh when you post emma as you basically love everything I hate 😂
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Yes! I had it loads as a child, and then it was only in Asda, and then they stopped doing it about ten years ago.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Anchor still do chocolate squirty cream - not that I buy it right enough but Sainsbos normally have it.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

emma_p wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:29 pm Angelina's hot chocolate, PG? :love: I only buy whole milk - it's still only 4% fat
I don't like ff milk in tea or cereal. We used to get some ff when our espresso machine was still around, to froth, but I'm off dairy any way.
Ella77 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm Would you not just have the cream, PG? (Or are you allergic to it, in which case, sorry!)
Not allergic, but currently still not supposed to be having dairy :( , and I gave myself a few little cheats over the holiday, but no whipped cream for now. I will have a heap of whipped cream before too long! Ooh like those italian tiny hot chocolates with thick whipped cream :faint: