Hey! Good lookin’!

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Hey! Good lookin’!

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Watcha got cookin’? This year, being 2022.

I’m one cabbage short of Jack Stein’s braised hake* with winter slaw-salad-whatever. https://www.rickstein.com/blog/braised- ... ter-salad/

*I’m also missing the hake & planning to use sea bass.
emma_p

Re: Hey! Good lookin’!

Post by emma_p »

I just made a new recipe from a book I got for Christmas. Pumpkin mali kari from Meeta Sodha’s East. It was exactly what I wanted to eat and really easy.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I disagree with Jack Stein in general but the recipe looks nice. I’m sure one cabbage type will suffice!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

What’s wrong with him? I think it needs the red & it’s the red I’m missing currently.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I got the latest Bosh book just before Christmas and dinner tonight was Swedish style meatballs in gravy with mash. It was good but not at all photogenic. :mrgreen:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I took a photo! :l: Goin’ into 2022 like it’s 2012 :))
EF526A45-A1CE-4C18-831F-DC62E5962A33.jpeg
absley

Post by absley »

Presumably Jack is related to Rick? I think I have that book, emma - D uses it a lot as he's trying to cook more veggie stuff.

Today I made a turkey mince version of this
ginger ground beef with lime and herbs, which I had seen on her youtube channel. Serve with rice and eat in lettuce cups, with kimchi or other toppings. Really nice and easy, but messy to eat. I added a finely diced carrot for veg content and we'll have leftovers with noodles and wilted pak choy.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

He’s his son. I’ve seen the recipe done on tv a few time abs always meant to try it.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I’m also curious as to the jack stein disagreement? Just out of interest!

I cannot face cooking anything at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll get over that once Christmas over eating has worn off. I roasted a chicken today in a bid to get S to eat a proper meal, she’s had hers with two roast potatoes and peas, I think if I have anything it’ll be a sandwich. Mr is back on his steamed fish 😂
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It’s the nepotism thing.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

emma_p wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:59 pm I just made a new recipe from a book I got for Christmas. Pumpkin mali kari from Meeta Sodha’s East. It was exactly what I wanted to eat and really easy.
Thank you for this emma, I had this round a friends house a few weeks ago, she couldn’t remember the name of it and couldn’t pass the recipe on but now I know! I’m adding it to the meal plan for next week :ready:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m just finishing some batch cooking Spanish chicken stew and I’ve made a red Thai curry, using half a pack of chicken breasts reaching their use by in each. In contrast supper is the Yorkshire Prov cauli cheese soup, which also needed eating.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak & I were talking about nepotism & whether it’s actually an emulation vs opportunity thing. I think it’s more complicated than a straightforward situation.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I did a veggie tagine, which we've mostly eaten, so no photo. We had it with giant couscous, and it was lovely.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

The problem is most chefs are going to be off the back of someone else, that’s how they learn. Jamie was river cottage, Gordon off the back of that mad one whose name I can’t remember, so yes it’s his dad but good luck to him. I can’t say I’ve ever followed him but to go after a dad that famous takes guts.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Marco Pierre white! That’s who I meant.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

absley wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:13 pm Presumably Jack is related to Rick? I think I have that book, emma - D uses it a lot as he's trying to cook more veggie stuff.

Today I made a turkey mince version of this
ginger ground beef with lime and herbs, which I had seen on her youtube channel. Serve with rice and eat in lettuce cups, with kimchi or other toppings. Really nice and easy, but messy to eat. I added a finely diced carrot for veg content and we'll have leftovers with noodles and wilted pak choy.
This sounds so good. I also have turkey mince rather than beef in the freezer so shall copy you.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I love this thread title :hbeat:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ottolenghi Vietnamese salad to use up the leftover rib eye from NYE. So good and the perfect first outing for my new Heath bowl :love:
Last edited by emma_p on Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Chicky wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:14 pm
emma_p wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:59 pm I just made a new recipe from a book I got for Christmas. Pumpkin mali kari from Meeta Sodha’s East. It was exactly what I wanted to eat and really easy.
Thank you for this emma, I had this round a friends house a few weeks ago, she couldn’t remember the name of it and couldn’t pass the recipe on but now I know! I’m adding it to the meal plan for next week :ready:
I love that Chicky! It’s definitely going to be something I make again.