Hey! Good lookin’!

bramblerose

Re: Hey! Good lookin’!

Post by bramblerose »

We made pea and potato puffs yesterday which are basically samosa filling in puff pastry. I was going to make a curry as well but just did chicken in a tandoori paste with flatbread and raita an pickled onions. It was so good (not very photogenic!)
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

That eggs royale looks amazing :ready: How annoying about the strange in-laws turning up today, though.

I love this thread for ideas, too. Yesterday we had hot dogs with tobacco onions. J made and smoked the hot dogs from scratch and they were amazing. I’m making cottage pie today.

It was me with the fish tacos, Disco. I could eat a different version of tacos every day, but J isn’t such a fan.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Oh, Bramble, I missed that. It looks and sounds so tasty.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Oh Brambs. :love2:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Disco wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:53 am They are weird bringing their own food. I'll be your MIL instead. And I'll wait to be invited.
This would be marvellous. It’s actually the BIL & his wife & three boys. The first time was quite sweet, but now they think it’s what they do, if you see what I mean?

Looks great Bramble! A bit like a samosa? I love samosas but have never made them.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I had cold pizza for breakfast (not pictured) :))

Hello cloofers.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Maybe they feel it’s less of an imposition if they rock up bearing food? I would feel that was cold comfort for losing the peace of a Sunday afternoon in my own home.

Teviotdale Pie later today so I will try and make it photo worthy.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The Ixta Belfrage dispatch kit arrived at 9pm on Friday :ella: so we had it last night. George was keen to try everything so we split it three ways. The photos are terrible but it was absolutely delicious and something I wouldn't have chosen to cook for myself.

The whole menu was: pear and rooibush aqua fresca which was delicious - a really chilli kick. Prawn and pineapple tostadas with lime creme (pictured), Moqueca fish pie with batata palha, spring onions, jalapeño salsa, gem, lime and green chilli salad.
White chocolate and passionfruit ganache, cocoa and cinnamon crumble. This was so good but I plated it horribly so no photo (the ganache was meant to be quenelled :lol: ).
D3253DB9-3C56-478C-84A1-B983C8044716.jpeg
6CC893E4-BCB2-4A34-B186-7D8565E828B8.jpeg
Last edited by emma_p on Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

That dessert sounds amazing though, Emma :ready:

And bramb :faint: :ready: it’s never occurred to me to put samosa filling in puff pastry! Every time I’ve made them from scratch I’ve made the pastry too and it’s been a right faff.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

It never occurred to me either!
https://www.mobkitchen.co.uk/recipes/sp ... tato_rolls

That all sounds lush emma!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Disco

Post by Disco »

AshleyX wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:54 am It was me with the fish tacos, Disco. I could eat a different version of tacos every day, but J isn’t such a fan.
Ah, sorry Ashley. It was a toss up between you and Jude in my memory! Thank you for the idea though. I made them with some lemon sole goujons I had kicking around in the freezer; used up the quarter of a savoy and sole carrot lurking in the fridge for coleslaw and then I felt rather virtuous as I subbed greek yoghurt for half the dressing/ sour cream with no compromise to taste.

I must make a curry soon :ready:

The food looks and sounds good, Emma. We had a Banquist box for New Year. The food was lovely - scallops, venison and choc fondant - but the instructions were all over the shop for a Michelin starred chef. It would've been confusing for someone less experienced in the kitchen.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I found following the instructions quite challenging too!
Disco

Post by Disco »

I kept saying I could tell this chef had never written a cook book before. He'd lumped all the prep for each course together which didn't make sense to work through but it all came together despite that.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

That sounds so good, Disco. The Greek yogurt sub is a good idea.

Emma, that looks awesome, and sounds delicious, especially the pear thing.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes, it has about half the calories of sour cream but still tastes really creamy.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I’m going to do that next time. I always end up with loads extra sour cream that I end up chucking, too, but I could much easier use up Greek yogurt.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I’m back with beige food again. A spiced chickpea dip with sumac-zataar chips.

And some citrus slices I’m drying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pretty citrus slices! Are they for drink garnishes?
Disco

Post by Disco »

They are!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Ooh, lovely.

I’m making a huge pan of onion gravy right now. Got high hopes for it.