Hey! Good lookin’!

emma_p

Re: Hey! Good lookin’!

Post by emma_p »

Here's the recipe: https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/ ... ari/17633/ The sauce is so fragrant and delicious. I love the toasty pumpkin slices and it's pretty quick and easy.
Last edited by emma_p on Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Wheelers :hbeat: There's umpteen f&c places here, also not my favourite, but J is determined to work his way through them all (you can take the boy out of Grimsby etc :))). Unsurprisingly, there's far less choice than I'm used to in Brighton, but I did have a good Japanese the other day, so all is forgiven :firstworldproblems:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

J is from Grimsby???!!! Oh that is hard to please with fish and chips.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Nearby, he's a Lincolnshire boy through and through, although a lot of his formative years were spent in the Middle East and Antigua because of his Dad's job. He's been about the block!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

emma_p wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:21 pm J is from Grimsby???!!! Oh that is hard to please with fish and chips.
How is he with ham sandwiches & eggs? :goat:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

:)) I am unaware of his position on bite ratios.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

😂I grew up in a seaside town with reputable fish and chip shops, unfortunately they make me ill (I can’t do batter/deep frying)

I’m claiming victory tonight as I got my veg avoiding child to (unknowingly) eat butternut squash.

I’m celebrating with a glass of wine before bed and the idea of emma p actually even buying fish fingers (sorry emma 😉)
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:29 pm Nearby, he's a Lincolnshire boy through and through, although a lot of his formative years were spent in the Middle East and Antigua because of his Dad's job. He's been about the block!
Cleethorpes?

Gannet is also hard to please when it comes to fish and chips. His dad was a fisherman and fresh haddock was plentiful when the boats got back.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

No, a couple of places more inland - they moved around a bit.

Is Gannet violently anti-cod? J and his sister won't touch the stuff as they insist it's an utter bottom feeder, and tell me every true fisherman would agree :snooty: (sod that, I love the stuff).
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

It’s usually haddock here (or was when I was a kid, I haven’t had fish and chips for twenty years plus)

I most remember the mackerel boats, I bloody love mackerel and it would be about 50p for six whole ones, but we used to fry them in flour and just eat them on their own or with pickled beetroot and horseradish sauce.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Not anti cod as such but definitely prefers haddock.

We're getting some cod cheeks in our fish delivery this week, along with haddock :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I haven't had fish and chips for well over two years. I just had realised I like mushy peas as well!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’d kill for some decent fish and chips!

Kids and I made Anzac slice yesterday. It was so good!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh goodness. :)) I had no idea either. I am now confident of trusting his fish and chip ratings.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

If anyone has a burning desire to know, apparently Steels Corner House in Cleethorpes ranks as world #1 for eat-in fish and chips. Ernie Becketts (just opposite) is best for takeaways.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My grandma approved of Becketts! Haddock here too.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I always choose haddock when having fish and chips because it’s more likely to be freshly cooked rather than sitting in the heated thingy than cod is.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I prefer haddock but it's taken me a very long time to eat it again. Less said. Anyway, I would like fish, chips, scraps, gravy in a pot, curry sauce in a pot in a pot, mushy peas in a pot, white buttered bread (my own not the shops), tartare sauce and mayonnaise.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I always choose haddock too. Mostly because it’s usually cheaper & I can’t really differentiate between the two when coated in batter.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Steels followed by Becketts is correct. :love2:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents