Air fryer hits?

rosy

Re: Air fryer hits?

Post by rosy »

lazzbo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:58 pm
rosy wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:13 pm I have an instant pot duo (air fryer, pressure cooker etc all in one). Everything I used to bake, fry or roast, I now do in the instant pot. It also makes amazing risotto in 12 minutes with no stirring.
This is relevant to my interests, do you have a risotto recipe, rosy?
https://www.thespruceeats.com/instant-p ... to-4782603

The main thing is to have twice as much stock as rice (volume). One cup of arborio rice is about 220g, and two cups of stock is a shade under 500ml, so as long as you keep those proportions it will work.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Does the tower one fit an average sized frozen pizza?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Lovely, ta rosy. I see relatively effortless mushroom risotto in my near future and I'm excited. :disco:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:52 pm Obviously not rosy but I made this version the other day (with more mushrooms and just eyeballed the parmesan) and it was absolutely spot on.

That's really impressive TC, continuing my one tray only efforts I just had a great one this evening that was rather less ambitious than your meal :) Toss cubed pork belly and parboiled new potatoes in some soy sauce, balsamic, garlic granules, brown sugar and salt and pepper, stuck it on airfry and it was done in sixteen minutes. Sixteen minutes! And it was lovely to boot.
Haha! I have pork belly on the list for tomorrow and I am looking forward to it too.

Did you put the spuds in the airfryer too? I think that was my mistake yesterday, the recipe didn't mention parboiling first and although I was suspicious I went with it but it didn't really work.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Kenickie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:12 am Does the tower one fit an average sized frozen pizza?
My one is 9 inches by 9 inches but not sure how big a frozen pizza is, I would guess its a bit of a squeeze. Not sure if the ten in one has more cooking space than my five in one.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Topcat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:17 am
Did you put the spuds in the airfryer too? I think that was my mistake yesterday, the recipe didn't mention parboiling first and although I was suspicious I went with it but it didn't really work.
Yep, I just bunged it all in but absolutely parboiled the potatoes ahead of time. I've seen airfryer recipes with uncooked potatoes and they all seem to take 30 mins plus so I deduced I'd need to part cook them first :sherlock:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Cunning! My recipe only quoted 20 minutes but as I said I was never convinced and my doubts turned out to be correct.

You have now sorted dinner for tomorrow night, that sounds grand.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Topcat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:21 am
Kenickie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:12 am Does the tower one fit an average sized frozen pizza?
My one is 9 inches by 9 inches but not sure how big a frozen pizza is, I would guess its a bit of a squeeze. Not sure if the ten in one has more cooking space than my five in one.
Thanks, I actually have no idea of pizza measurements so will have to dig one out of the freezer later. :lol:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

:lol:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

The ones we get (supermarket pizza counter) are definitely bigger than 9 inches, a boxed one might make it. Report back please, Ken. I may soon be joining the air fryer gang. :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I cooked bananas in the Tower one today and they were delicious. I made it up as I went along after vaguely remembering seeing a recipe, so don't have exact quantities, but I melted butter in a bowl, added brown sugar and cinnamon and stirred in sliced bananas until covered. Then I lined the base of the fryer (for ease of washing up) and put the bananas in a single layer into the fryer (on a shelf, but a rack would obviously work as well) to cook on 180 for 15 mins or so until caramelised, and served with ice cream (I used salted caramel). It was really good :ready:.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I've been too lazy to go out to the freezer but after googling for reviews it looks like the boxed ones are 10 inch so just too big which is annoying.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

The ten in one version may be big enough though? I presume its bigger at least anyway.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

No, it's exactly the same as the 5 in one, but with more accessories :))

There are FB groups specifically for both the Tower and Ninja ones. Look out for UK based versions. They are a mine of information - recipes etc and you glean info about comparisons between models.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Ah, bugger.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:25 am I've been too lazy to go out to the freezer but after googling for reviews it looks like the boxed ones are 10 inch so just too big which is annoying.
Without seeing this, I actually just measured Sainsbury’s freezer pizza and it was 10 inches. :))
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks, checked a review and still only fits a 9 x 8in pizza. Maybe I'll just have to have one pizza a year when it costs £2356 to turn my oven on next month.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Cerise wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:56 am
Kenickie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:25 am I've been too lazy to go out to the freezer but after googling for reviews it looks like the boxed ones are 10 inch so just too big which is annoying.
Without seeing this, I actually just measured Sainsbury’s freezer pizza and it was 10 inches. :))
Thank you!
Skips

Post by Skips »

Kenickie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:56 am Thanks, checked a review and still only fits a 9 x 8in pizza. Maybe I'll just have to have one pizza a year when it costs £2356 to turn my oven on next month.

Probably cheaper to order in
Margo

Post by Margo »

I airfried some teeny tomatoes this morning; halved, tossed in a little OO, a twist of salt & pepper and a sprinkle of oregano… 1 hr @ 120… lovely! Now in jars with more OO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.