Air fryer hits?

Topcat

Re: Air fryer hits?

Post by Topcat »

I tried pork belly and roast spuds this evening as per. The belly was incredible and done in 15 minutes or so, I did mine in sugar, rapeseed oil, garlic powder and chilli and will definitely do it again.

But the spuds took bloody ages. They were much improved on my previous effort (by par boiling) but they took 35 minutes! Its still faster than using an oven but it did cock my timings up somewhat.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Bloody potatoes. Cut them smaller and boil them to the point of submission before airfrying next time?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I did!

NIne minutess boiled and then tossed in oil and shit before cooking. I'll get there, it clearly works, I just need to practice a bit more and when it comes to roast potatoes, thats never a bad thing. :hbeat:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Kenickie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:50 pm
Topcat wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:21 am
Kenickie wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:12 am Does the tower one fit an average sized frozen pizza?
My one is 9 inches by 9 inches but not sure how big a frozen pizza is, I would guess its a bit of a squeeze. Not sure if the ten in one has more cooking space than my five in one.
Thanks, I actually have no idea of pizza measurements so will have to dig one out of the freezer later. :lol:
I did some science for you, Alan.
pizza.jpg
Ignore that it wasn't done that well, that was user error having never done this before but it definitely did fit and cook. :perky:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh brilliant! Now I just have to dither over ordering one now or wait for possible black Friday discounts. :puzz:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Yeah, that bit only took me two years. :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'd just made up my mind to get over myself and just go for it and it's bloody out of stock, isn't it?!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

:mog:

What one did you decide upon in the end?
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

The same one as you and Morgs. Maybe you'll have to take turns in lending it out. ;)
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

S is looking for one, too. They are hard to find and have gone up in price quite a lot. If this is true they will pay for themselves quite quickly though.

F5D8E7DA-FA67-45C3-80A4-0BBD6CFF7F77.png
And do the cinnamon bananas - they are worth it just for those :))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:)

The 10 in 1 went out of stock while I was dithering over whether it was worth the extra money so they're definitely popular!

I found the 5 in 1 for £95 on a random Norfolk department store website, so fingers crossed it is actually in stock there. I think it was £60 or so on Amazon previously so it's definitely a huge price hike.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

You can buy accessory kits separately when you see what you already have that fits. Some of the things in the 10 in 1 kit would be a bit pointless, I think. The skewers, for instance would take ages to thread up and position on the rotary thing, when cubes of meat or veg would cook just as well on the shelves. Similarly the teeny silicone mitts might suit T&T, but will probably go in the bin if you or P use them. You definitely need separate utensils for the Ninja as the pot is round, but the Tower ones are a lot better for being able to use existing cookware.

The price has gone up and down on Amazon - probably because of exchange rates. When I got mine they were about £80 but they've fluctuated a lot since then. I got a used one so it was a real bargain, but I checked out the reviews etc before I got it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Thanks. Yes, the 10 in 1 did seem like a big price hike for not much really and mainly stuff we wouldn't use.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

My 5 in 1 cost £100 and that was on a reduction.
Lola

Post by Lola »

That chart sounds good but doesn’t say how long each appliance is used for. Is it an hour each day for each appliance, for example, or based on how long you are likely to use each one for.

I’ll have to decide whether to keep my air fryer as I’m not sure if I have enough room for it now and one of the new ovens has a fast heat up option anyway. It was handy though :puzz:
viggy

Post by viggy »

I think that chart is average use.

Ours arrived a few days ago and, predictably, we’re obsessed :)) So far I’ve made:

Crispy chickpeas
Baked potatoes (they had been started in the microwave)
Bacon
Freezer tapas
Salt and chilli chicken wings :love:
Enchiladas
Oven chips
Part baked baguettes (VERY useful for us)

With a perma-hangry tween in the house, the time it saves means almost as much to me as the energy saving :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Kenickie wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:48 am I found the 5 in 1 for £95 on a random Norfolk department store website, so fingers crossed it is actually in stock there. I think it was £60 or so on Amazon previously so it's definitely a huge price hike.
Jarrold? They always seem to come up for me too when I'm searching, quite often when everywhere else has sold out :))
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Jarrolds is great, that's a bizarrely specific Web result. airfryers might be a bit fancy for us :lol:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Ignore. Pointless post.