The Undoing

Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Re: The Undoing

Post by Leap »

Livilla wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:23 pm I've only watched the first three episodes, but am plumping for her Dad to be the killer, solely on the basis that you don't hire Donald Sutherland just to be a peripheral character. :))
I thought this exact thing :)) Whether he’s the killer or not, he hasn’t yet hit whatever storyline he’s really there for. Whatever it is, it’s not as background nice dad character.

I just caught up to episode 5 and to avoid spoilers I will instead say I agree about NK’s lovely dress, but not her hair. I’ve actually been convinced it’s a wig and trying to get my head around why they would wig her up when it’s so clearly meant to look like her exact natural hair. Maybe it’s her forehead throwing me off, but I don’t know. I have a vendetta against pointless TV wigs though so maybe I’m seeing things.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Is there just one more episode? There are a lot of loose ends to tie up in an hour!

The reveal at the end of Ep5 was a possibility that I had considered and then discarded, but to be fair, I have suspected everyone who has said more than three words in any given episode, so I can't claim any points for that. It will put the cat amongst the pigeons, though, even if (as seems likely) it is a red herring. It could also explain Donald Sutherland's involvement :sherlock:.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

I think I've seen 5 episodes so far. The eyeball close ups have been annoying me too.
I keep thinking they all did it and then discarding that decision.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I wasn’t surprised by the reveal is what I’ll say. It literally could have been any of them.

The thing with his mum was very weird.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I totally think Nicole Kidman's hair is a wig, Leap! Partly because her real hair isn't quite so long, especially as she normally has it straightened, but also because as another natural redhead, I have discovered that it's really hard work keeping your hair red once it either starts to fade or go grey, as red pigment doesn't last in hair very long at all. She'd be having to have colour touch-ups every fortnight I reckon to keep that colour these days (no doubt a reason why she's gone blonde in real life - something I too have done in the past).
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

So, so, so! When can we talk about the final episode :disco:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes when! I watched earlier and was shocked :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I'm going to watch it in bed tonight :disco:. I shall avoid this thread until tomorrow morning, though, so don't hang back on my account.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm shook.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Let's talk!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Disco

Post by Disco »

I was so shocked. I had to rewind the bludgeoning a couple of times. He’s such a good actor but what an arsehole.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Oh god, I hated him (the character) so much and I generally love HG.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Disco

Post by Disco »

I love HG too but he played it well. He was quite terrifying at the end.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

They did the scene so well. When the camera panned to his face :shudder:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I thought the bit in the courtroom when she testified and he realised she was fucking him over was brilliant - I hadn’t seen that coming at all. Such a good twist.

And the bit in the car when he was singing in such a ridiculous Hugh Grant-esque way cut with the scenes in the studio was fab.

And I’m sure Nicole Kidman’s face actually moved when she was running across the bridge :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Have to admit, it was shades of Phoenix Buchanan for me when he turned. :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I kept thinking it would turn out to be some sort of double jeopardy thing to protect the son. I’m quite wrung out now.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:22 am Have to admit, it was shades of Phoenix Buchanan for me when he turned. :))
:lol: I thought the same!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Flora Poste wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:50 pmAnd I’m sure Nicole Kidman’s face actually moved when she was running across the bridge :lol:
Her face when she was running! Wind tunnel!

I was so scared for Henry.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Just finished, and I thought the ending was a bit... lame, really. And NK is looking more and more like Joyce Wildenstein :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.