Podcasts & Blogs I like

Derek Nimmo

Re: Podcasts & Blogs I like

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I've really enjoyed Noble Blood - great story telling about (mad / murderous / libidinous / generally crazy) royalty from all over the world, up until the 20th century. You do not have to be a monarchist in any way, shape or form to enjoy it.

I've also just started something called 'Scamfluencers' which feels like it's built along the same lines as Even the Rich.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Pootle wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:54 pm If anyone is interested in political podcasts, I really like The Rest Is Politics with Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell. Both very experienced, very knowledgeable and some great conversations. I also like the fact that Rory Stewart hates Boris and his lot even more than Alistair does.
I really like this, they're both good presenters and like you say, Rory's hatred of Boris is highly amusing :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Beatrix

Post by Beatrix »

I’m listening to the latest podcast from Serial about the Trojan Horse letter - the one that suggested schools in Birmingham were being radicalised by extremist Muslims. It is really well done. I don’t want to say too much because it is very revealing, well worth a listen.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

It's been thoroughly panned for having an agenda. The Humanist Society wrote a very long open letter about how its participation was edited to suit their narrative. With hindsight, I think all of the Serial series have been dodgy.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Sorry for sounding so piss-on-your-chips! :))
Beatrix

Post by Beatrix »

Ah! I’m only just listening to the episode about the Humanist Society’s involvement. The episodes before certainly do have an agenda but mostly it seems to show how insensitively and clumsily handled things were or appeared to be. I’ve just read the open letter and will continue listening. It’s certainly interesting and there is still an obvious dichotomy but perhaps that’s people hearing what they want to hear rather than what’s actually said, as is often the case.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

lazzbo wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:24 pm It's been thoroughly panned for having an agenda. The Humanist Society wrote a very long open letter about how its participation was edited to suit their narrative. With hindsight, I think all of the Serial series have been dodgy.
What do you think of the first one? That was the only one I was really interested in.

I am mostly listening to the BBC's Ukrainecast, and Twin Flames which is quite disturbing and sad. French & Saunders can be found on a great series called Whatever Happened To Baby Jane Austen which made me laugh muchly. I'm also enjoying Comfort Blanket as a bit of light relief.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Warning about Twin Flames: the narrator claims "some lesbians enjoy penises, and some lesbians have penises." I will be complaining, but :ella:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:ella: FFS.

I've gone right off Poog. It used to be really funny, but it's just rambly now.

Best Friend Therapy is ok, although I find Elizabeth Day only ok in small doses.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

If anyone listened to the Teachers Pet podcast a few years ago, the trial of Lynetts ex husband has just begun, and there will be a weekly episode covering the trial.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

sally maclennane wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:20 pm If anyone listened to the Teachers Pet podcast a few years ago, the trial of Lynetts ex husband has just begun, and there will be a weekly episode covering the trial.
Oooh! Trial schmial though - he did it, regardless of his hair.