Theatre and other live performances

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Theatre and other live performances

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:57 am I keep needing to be reminded that we have Lady Gaga in July. I can’t hold the date or venue in my head. Anyway, the plan is to make a weekend of it.
We no longer have Lady Gaga in July, she’s been postponed again to 2022.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

There are a few tickets left for David Sedaris in July next year in London and Salford if anybody’s interested. We’ve booked.

https://www.davidsedarisbooks.com/landi ... d-sedaris/
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Oooo thanks. Going to book now...
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

wendy james wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:17 pm We also have an outside performance of Mr Stink to look forward to in July.
This was child friendly as you can imagine, but a bit dull for me. :mrgreen:

I’ve just booked a ticket for Seth Lakeman in November and Beauty and the Beast ballet tickets for me and the girls NEXT November.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I've just booked Operation Ouch Live tickets for December :frolic:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

You star! The girls had been told to start thinking about an activity that they’d like to spend birthday money on and they’re thrilled with the idea of OO Live!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

We had our first trip out since pre-covid times.

We didn't realise it was the Theatre Royal Glasgow's first night open since they had to close due to restrictions so everyone was a bit giddy to be out.

Grayson Perry's A Show For Normal People - it was so much fun and he used slido to post questions and get us all interacting.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Two of my choir friends and I are going to Theatre On The Downs next week to see Living Spit’s Beauty And The Beast.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

I’ve been to the theatre twice this week, it’s been great! First with J&S to see Horrible Histories live, which was great fun - two guys doing a run through of some key historical events (Boudicca, Guy Fawkes, Dick Turpin, Queen Victoria etc) with lots fo songs and shouting. We all had a great time. :))

Then last night my book group all met up to go and see The Windsors: Endgame. It was absolutely nuts, but very funny. Like an adult panto, essentially. Prince Andrew was mercilessly skewered, and Camilla played like the wicked queen from Snow White. Beatrice and Eugenie and their ridiculous accents were the best bits, though.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I really, really, really want to go to The Mirror and the Light next year. Anyone else going? My friend who came to the other shows is keen but isn't happy to book yet.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

So last Saturday I went to Sadlers Wells to see The Midnight Bell choreographed by Matthew Bourne. It was wonderful. So now I have already booked his Nutcracker at Sadlers for January 2022 (I saw it some years ago but he has apparently added some updates for this production). I have tickets for Back to the Future for November and also Come From Away.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Annabella wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:56 am So last Saturday I went to Sadlers Wells to see The Midnight Bell choreographed by Matthew Bourne. It was wonderful. So now I have already booked his Nutcracker at Sadlers for January 2022 (I saw it some years ago but he has apparently added some updates for this production). I have tickets for Back to the Future for November and also Come From Away.

I know the Head of Wardrobe on the Midnight Bell. It looks amazing.

Mr R And I got last minute tickets for The Shark is Broken yesterday. Mr R thought maybe he should take the chance to go to the theatre before he's on stage again himself for the first time in over two years. :)) Also he knows the guy playing Roy Scheider.

It was fun! Definitely a good pick for first post-lockdowns theatre trip. Ian Shaw is freakily like his dad, I mean it's amazing how much he nails it as well as being so physically similar. It's good but not brilliant writing and I think the Edinburgh Festival origins show there in particular (some clunky "hindsight humour" like a line where someone says "Oh, well, at least we know there'll never again be a president worse than Nixon now he's resigned" and jokes about sequels and bringing actors back from the dead using computer imaging)

We were Covid Pass checked on entry and a decent majority were wearing masks as well. It was lovely to be in a full theatre with an audience having fun. Also good seeing London restaurants and bars quite busy on a Tuesday night. Big queue at Dishoom, and lots of big outside areas still being used because the weather was so mlld.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I think I saw that advertised somewhere but hadn't made the connection that it's Robert Shaw's son playing him!

We're heading out this afternoon for the kids beatbox comedy thing, which should be interesting.
Starry

Post by Starry »

I’m going to see Back to the Future on Saturday, after much mulling it over. I’ll be the one with an N95 mask gaffer taped to my face :lol:

Then Book of Mormon over here next month. Everything else has been cancelled til 2022.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Has anyone been to the Van Gogh immersive exhibition? Is it worth a look?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I went last week & it was really good.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Good to know. I want a fancy vip ticket :))
Roma

Post by Roma »

Luna wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:31 pm Has anyone been to the Van Gogh immersive exhibition? Is it worth a look?

I’ve been to the exhibition in Paris a few years ago and it was amazing.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Roma wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:34 pm
Luna wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:31 pm Has anyone been to the Van Gogh immersive exhibition? Is it worth a look?

I went to the exhibition in Paris a few years ago and it was amazing! I would definitely recommend it.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Also I’m going to see Hamilton next week. I’ve booked Moulin Rouge as well but that is early March next year.

I would like to see a ballet as well December or January but haven’t decided what I’d like to see yet.