Netflix human recommendations

Elya

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Elya »

Luce wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:36 pm Just watched Nyad which was a lovely little film. I'd like to watch more films about angry lesbians in their 60s who are done with nonsense.
We just finished this. Absolutely agree. Bring on women with zero fucks left to give.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve just finished Bodies and I utterly loved it.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Elya wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:56 pm
Luce wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:36 pm Just watched Nyad which was a lovely little film. I'd like to watch more films about angry lesbians in their 60s who are done with nonsense.
We just finished this. Absolutely agree. Bring on women with zero fucks left to give.
I watched this yesterday- what a woman! Great leads by Jodie Foster and Annette Bening.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

I am now watching All the Light We Cannot See. It's brilliant.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Has anyone watched the Robbie Williams documentary? My sister said it's good but very sad. I'm not sure I want to ruin my teenage dreams with the truth though :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

I was hovering over watching that last night, Smun. If it's very sad I think I might just pass though!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We are very much enjoying Bodies, but by gum, someone watched Dark didn't they?!
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Because of the story (bodies is based on a 2014 graphic novel) or the style? I have dark on my list for this week.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I binged what I could of the Crown yesterday. It’s very schmaltzy but the actors that play Dodi and Mhd Al Fayad are very compelling. As is Diana. Charles is miscast still.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I've watched 2 episodes, Luna, and agree it's very cheesy. It's an easy watch though, the actor who plays Diana us excellent.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

wendy james wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:44 pm Because of the story (bodies is based on a 2014 graphic novel) or the style? I have dark on my list for this week.
The story, but maybe just coincidence in that case. It feels like a condensed/ simplified version. It's the basic premise of bodies turning up from another time period, but also detail: one that is not a spoiler is that their machines look the same. :lol:

ETA: I'm now stuck in a never ending thread on this subject on Reddit (don't read it, spoilers) and some people are claiming that the similar parts were not part of the original comic. Some of them may have been a deliberate nod to Dark (there's one bit of important visual imagery that's the same that's so specific it feels like it has to be a reference). Other similarities I reckon are just time travel tropes, someone did a long list and a lot them are really pushing it.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Margo

Post by Margo »

Someone recommended Kaleidoscope to me so I watched an episode earlier… the final one. Duh. How the heck did I cock that up?!?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I'm on the last episode of The Crown - well the one before the actual last episode (why have they done that?) and it's ok, bet the earlier series were better than the later ones IMO.

Sister Wives has consumed ny TV viewing, along with Big Brother, so I have lots to catch up with. I started Bodies, and will go back to it, and am looking forward to All the Light We Cannot See.

I saw a bit of the Robbie thing before I went out last night. Episode one and a bit of two. it is ok, but I suspect very one-sided. It's quite shocking to see how young he was when he started out.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I watched the Robbie thing, and veered between feeling sad for him, and annoyed as he was a bit of a whiny baby. Also, put on some trousers!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Has anyone watched the Twin Flames documentary on Netflix?
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:20 pm Has anyone watched the Twin Flames documentary on Netflix?
Oh I've heard about this on the Lesbian Podcast.

I'm going to give it a watch
Malan
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Ooh, that looks good! I will watch.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I do enjoy a good cult.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Dutchie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:17 pm Anyone watched All the Light We Cannot See?
We loved this, it was really well done. I have one complaint about it but won't spoiler it.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I've had to take out my own Netflix subscription yesterday :emme: since they cracked down on password sharing, so it doesn't know what I like and isn't recommending things just yet. The twin flames thing sounds right up my street, though; delusional ideas and stalking, what's not to like?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.