Netflix human recommendations

ParisGal

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by ParisGal »

Right! Spoilers for Harlan Coban's Safe below!!!!

I haven't read the book so I don't know how much was changed, plus I presume the original was set in the States, but I don't think that accounted for the plot holes.

- Why did the police not do more about Jenny's disappearance? Were we supposed to think they were doing stuff in the background, as Sophie kept saying "We're doing everything we can". Or was she lying to cover her own guilt?

- In general Sophie seemed to be obviously not doing her job properly and I kept saying she was the murderer because of that.

- What was her plan in going to Bobby's flat with Dexter (erm, sorry, Tom?)? Hoping he would commit suicide but not kill Jenny and conveniently become the defacto murderer seems a bit far-fetched.

How did the older man who's son was injured in the fire know what had happened? Why was he not on the kill list then?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I am reading all this thread (apart from the spoilers) now I have FINALLY finished Friends.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
indigo

Post by indigo »

I will now put The Chalet on my list. Thanks!

Not Netflix, but Amazon (I think) will be showing the adaptation of Dietland. The trailer looked like they'd made it a bit of a comedy, from what I could see, so I hope it isn't.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Finished season four of Bosch last night, it was SO good. It gets better with each series. I hope there is another.

Harlan Coben is a good thriller writer but his books seldom seem to go well on screen. The exception is the French version of Tell No One, which was excellent.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Turtle Bean wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:00 pm Harlan Coben is a good thriller writer but his books seldom seem to go well on screen. The exception is the French version of Tell No One, which was excellent.
Yes, that was amazing.

I tried to see what people were saying about Safe online yesterday, and saw that apparently he thinks it's the best serial adaptation of one of his works. And that generally people only seem to have issues with Michael C. Hall's accent, which honestly I thought was quite acceptable.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ah, I see from further investigation that it wasn't a book, Coben "created" the TV series.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Ah right, I thought I hadn't read that one.
indigo

Post by indigo »

I watched The Chalet and enjoyed it in a preposterous way. Who was the guy tied up in the forest at the start though?
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

indigo wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:18 am I watched The Chalet and enjoyed it in a preposterous way. Who was the guy tied up in the forest at the start though?
Gaspard who was one of the trio of mates from the bar 20 years ago and who took part in the crime.
indigo

Post by indigo »

Thanks, Rebs!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We watched two episodes of Evil Genius last night. It's so like Fargo would be if the intelligent cop wasn't involved.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I watched Tig last night (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tig_(film)) on Netflix, I really enjoyed it despite the subject matter and I'm going to look out for some more of her standup stuff now (I think she's also got a special on Netflix).
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh, that looks good. I've not seen any of her standup but I liked One Mississippi.

Could we put spoilery discussions in another thread? Apologies if that's not what the stuff above is about, I was concerned about being spoilered so just scrolled past. ;)
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Has anyone seen The Break with Michelle Wolf? It seems to be a sort of cross between Last Week Tonight and Inside Amy Schumer and it looks quite promising based on the first two episodes.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

The Netflix Al Gore Rhthym (yes, I’ve watched the latest Season of Kimmy Schmidt and it’s good) has now decided I like things about bombs due to Mindhunter and Evil Genius. So I’ve watched Oklahoma City (not brilliant) and have started one in French about the 2015 Paris attacks which is very good.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Queer Eye is back, tomorrow i think. :weewee:
Glint

Post by Glint »

Shoe wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 pm Queer Eye is back, tomorrow i think. :weewee:
I’ve just checked and got it now :weewee:
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

OOOH. I need not to watch it all in about two days like I did the last one.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Yes, I'm two episodes in so am now trying to pace myself.

I watched all of The Staircase in a few days. It was absolutely enthralling, I don't know why I never bothered when it was on iplayer. Although the Netflix one does have 3 new additional update episodes. I feel quite strongly that he did not do it.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Oh I never have watched any of those but I saw the preview of the Staircase yesterday and thought it looked interesting.