Netflix human recommendations

sally maclennane

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by sally maclennane »

Shoe wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:16 pm We've just finished The Staircase, the final outcome was better than I expected having watched the whole thing unfold.
We started that last night, J is utterly convinced that MP is guilty, I'm fairly sure he is too.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I'm saying nothing else until you've watched it all. :shh:
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Santa Claude wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:32 pm Has anyone else watched Nanette yet?
Wonderful. Thank you for the recommendation, I’d have missed it too otherwise.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Shoe wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:28 pm I'm saying nothing else until you've watched it all. :shh:
Thank you :)) It'll take us ages to watch it as I agreed not to watch it unless J is here :verm:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

sally maclennane wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:24 pm
Shoe wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:16 pm We've just finished The Staircase, the final outcome was better than I expected having watched the whole thing unfold.
We started that last night, J is utterly convinced that MP is guilty, I'm fairly sure he is too.
I’m 3 episodes in and can’t see any other outcome so far other than he’s guilty. It’s so weird that back then he had cameras following him around like that though. And 13 episodes! Obviously there must be something more to it than initially appears to string it out that much.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Santa Claude wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:32 pm Has anyone else watched Nanette yet?

Yes, it was excellent. You described it perfectly.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I've jumped on the Nanette bandwagon and it was fantastic - funny and emotional and breathtaking. Thank you Santa.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Rillington Place is good. It's the BBC 3-parter with Tim Roth and Samantha Morton.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh yes, I saw that when it was on the BBC. Very creepy.

The new Nailed It has annoyed me a bit as some of the people seem a bit too good, and some of the challenges (like the snack stadium) aren't baking but there's still been some hysterical moments.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Santa Claude wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm I am watching The Sinner, though. Its pretty disturbing to watch but still compelling. Jessica Biel is a woman who apparently stabs a complete stranger on a beach for no reason and Bill Pullman is the cop trying to help find out why she did it. It's good and, even better, only 8 episodes.
P and I started this last night as he had a shift swap and watched the first 4 episodes. He's working the next two nights, the selfish bastard. :mad:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am pushing for Rillington Place next, this recommendation might help convince Mr G.

We're watching Wild, Wild Country, as recommended way back there I think by Del. It's fascinating, but each episode seems to go on forever when you're really uncomfortable because it's too hot.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

The three parts focus on Edith (his wife) then Tim Evans (his neighbour) then Christie himself so whilst it is a linear timeline , the focus shifts so it's not just murder, murder, murder, murder (etc) from Christie's perspective.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I tried Wild, Wild Country but couldn’t get into it.

I’m finally finishing Ozark off after a long break, and that’s coming back next month. And Season 2 of GLOW is good.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That sounds an interesting way to do it. I remember seeing a clip on Gogglebox and being a bit gripped just by that.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
indigo

Post by indigo »

Has anyone watched Dark? (I tried to search but got too many hits)
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

wendy james wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:37 am
Santa Claude wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm I am watching The Sinner, though. Its pretty disturbing to watch but still compelling. Jessica Biel is a woman who apparently stabs a complete stranger on a beach for no reason and Bill Pullman is the cop trying to help find out why she did it. It's good and, even better, only 8 episodes.
P and I started this last night as he had a shift swap and watched the first 4 episodes. He's working the next two nights, the selfish bastard. :mad:
Oh, my friend has just recommended this too, I'm going to start it next, I think. It really is so annoying when you are watching something together and you are desperate to carry on!

We are currently watching Luke Cage Season 2, it's been excellent so far. Even the brief appearance of Iron Fist hasn't managed to spoil it. :lol:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’m watching Cargo at the moment and it’s excellent. I haven’t seen the end but I’m hoping it’s going to be a good one.

It’s the film based on a short from a few years ago where a man is bitten by a zombie and needs to get his child to safety before he turns.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

indigo wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 am Has anyone watched Dark? (I tried to search but got too many hits)
Yes, I really liked it. I think you would too.
Cazza

Post by Cazza »

Waaay behind everyone but I've just binged on 4 episodes of The Crown today. Love it.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Nanette was fantastic. I've re-watched it umpteen times.

Has anyone watched Good Girls yet, great female leads a bit far fetched but well paced and darkly amusing.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing