Married At First Sight

Blue Eyed Laydee

Re: Married At First Sight

Post by Blue Eyed Laydee »

nineseven wrote:
sally maclennane wrote:Jason had a weird shaped face.
Yes. This will sound awful but I can say it on the internet. When you see his poor sister you realise that he's a tweak away from being quite weird looking. :look:
:lol:

What I found especially annoying about him in the 1st episode is that he said he liked his girlfriends to be '10s'. Like he's some drop-dead gorgeous stud himself.

ETA Thanks Sally - can't say I'm massively surprised. The whole premise is pretty shaky.
Last edited by Blue Eyed Laydee on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

Oh :(
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It must put so much pressure on everything that even if it had been a good match you just crumble under the expectation.
smartiecat
The Crispwife

Post by smartiecat »

nineseven wrote:
Yes. This will sound awful but I can say it on the internet. When you see his poor sister you realise that he's a tweak away from being quite weird looking. :look:
Awful but true :shame:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Blue Eyed Laydee wrote:
nineseven wrote:
:lol:

What I found especially annoying about him in the 1st episode is that he said he liked his girlfriends to be '10s'. Like he's some drop-dead gorgeous stud himself.
Twat. He needs to be careful people don't think he's saying he likes his girlfriends to be 10.
Blue Eyed Laydee

Post by Blue Eyed Laydee »

:))
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I am dying to see ep 1 now. I don't understand why they think people being "the same" is synonymous with being a match? I don't want to go out with myself. Presumably the tests were more complicated than this?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ugh, there is something of the David Cameron about Jason, isn't there?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes ( I haven't seen this episode yet), on ep 2 when they were all wanging on about how much they were like each other I was thinking "that's a good thing?" Of course you need to have basic values in common, but I like someone to complement my weaknesses and be intriguingly different (and have their own bloody hobbies, not expect us to do everything togevva) not just be another me. One of me is plenty enough in any relationship. :lg:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Pepper

Post by Pepper »

Nine, I think you should be able to get Ep1 on YouTube :look:. I haven't watched them yet though.

The only couple that are still together in Oz, the bride couldn't look the groom in the eyes during the ceremony. They first properly kissed in a helicopter on the honeymoon.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Mountain Goat wrote:Yes ( I haven't seen this episode yet), on ep 2 when they were all wanging on about how much they were like each other I was thinking "that's a good thing?" Of course you need to have basic values in common, but I like someone to complement my weaknesses and be intriguingly different (and have their own bloody hobbies, not expect us to do everything togevva) not just be another me. One of me is plenty enough in any relationship. :lg:
Exactly! I mean, not you personally. :)) All the good couples I know complement each other, rather than are the same.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I will have a look Pepper, thanks.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh, I am really sad about Emma and James.

Arsehole Jason is a bit funny looking in the same way that Prince William is.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Hang on, where did you see about them splitting up, Sal?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/marr ... es-6126706
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

I've just caught up. JASON YOU PRICK. They went very easy on him in the editing after the Tinder thing - it made it seem like the decision was mutual, whereas actually he was a dick.

I thought Emma and James had a reasonable shot - I was a little sad when I read sally's post.

It was an interesting show, but I agree about the pressure. There's no way MrG and I would be together with a start like that, I think.
Schmetterling

Post by Schmetterling »

Jason was indeed a prick. Kate was way better looking than him too.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I have just caught up on this and am glad I watched it as recommended by a friend. I wonder what happened to the couple who didn't marry - it might have been worth them meeting to see how they got on. I think science only works as long as both people are honest in their responses and I wasn't convinced Jason was. I do hope Emma and James stay together, the jury seems out on that one as to whether they have or not! I thought she was prickly but he was kind and determined to give her a shot.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Ginger

Post by Ginger »

I was just going to post to say that that couple did meet afterwards and apparently got on, but it was a Daily Mail article and looked a bit bullshitty so I wasn't sure :))
Tyla

Post by Tyla »

I have watched all three episodes of this tonight and the only thing I have to say is this - Jason. What. A. Wanker.

And also, I hope that Emma and James make a go of it because I thought they were quite sweet together.
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "what about lunch?"
Pepper

Post by Pepper »

Anybody been watching series 4 of the Aussie version?

I (sort of) know one of the participants.