Podcasts & Blogs I like

Sky

Re: Podcasts & Blogs I like

Post by Sky »

I love Louis' podcasts and have this ep lined up for tomorrow's commute.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:44 pm How did I not know that there's a new series of Revisionist History? :weewee:

ETA I've also been enjoying a short but sweet series called 'The Town that Didn't Stare' about East Grinstead. It sounds like the most boring of premises - a history of a dormitory town in the South East but was actually super interesting :geek: Scientologists, druid circles and groundbreaking surgeries, oh my.

I'm listening to this now after randomly coming across it. Digs would love this if she hasn't already stumbled across it.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I love Louis too!

It's probably already been covered on here but I love Confessions from a Long Marriage with Joanna Lumley and Roger Allam. It makes me want to be married.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I'm very late to the party as it's four or so series in, but I've been loving Heavyweight.

"Heavyweight is a Gimlet Media podcast created and produced by humorist Jonathan Goldstein where he helps people try to resolve a moment from their past that they wish they could change" is the best description I've found of it, but it's a great listen - sometimes funny, sometimes sad, always distracting (in a good way).
indigo

Post by indigo »

Duophonic wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:08 am
Derek Nimmo wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:44 pm How did I not know that there's a new series of Revisionist History? :weewee:

ETA I've also been enjoying a short but sweet series called 'The Town that Didn't Stare' about East Grinstead. It sounds like the most boring of premises - a history of a dormitory town in the South East but was actually super interesting :geek: Scientologists, druid circles and groundbreaking surgeries, oh my.

I'm listening to this now after randomly coming across it. Digs would love this if she hasn't already stumbled across it.
Ooh, thank you!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:38 am I'm very late to the party as it's four or so series in, but I've been loving Heavyweight.

"Heavyweight is a Gimlet Media podcast created and produced by humorist Jonathan Goldstein where he helps people try to resolve a moment from their past that they wish they could change" is the best description I've found of it, but it's a great listen - sometimes funny, sometimes sad, always distracting (in a good way).
Thank you so much for recommending this - I’m absolutely loving it!

(I didn’t think I was going to enjoy the golf course episode but it ended up making me cry a bit :l: )
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I'm so glad you like it! I raced through it, and only have 3 episodes left :cry: (Which I'm hoarding like a miser.)
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Oh, and if you like Heavyweight, it's worth having a bash at the story-led episodes of This American Life (where Jonathan Goldstein first started as a podcast journalist).

This episode or this one are great places to start.

ETA I think the second link is broken - try this one.
Last edited by Derek Nimmo on Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Thank you, so much Del :love:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I listened to a podcast on Spotify called The Vanishing of Vivienne Cameron, about a woman who disappeared after her husband's lover was found murdered. It wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be :look:

I'm now listening to the second series of Broken, a podcast about Jeffrey Epstein.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I just received a notification from BBC Sounds:

Outlook - True stories of ordinary people and the extraordinary events that have shaped their lives.

The episode that pinged me was - My Life by Whitney Houston's side which sounds interesting.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I am currently very much enjoying Out To Lunch with Jay Rayner. Jay takes his guest out for a fancy lunch and conducts his interviews over the comforting sounds of waiters and cutlery and amazing food arriving. Well right now he sends them lunch and they chat over zoom but it's still great.
Heartsick.blog
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I like those too.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

smalex wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:18 am I've listened to loads of Youre Wrong About. Its not the most balanced but I really like the two presenters. The one about syphilis was bloody gobsmacking
I still haven’t got to that one but have listened to loads now (and throw them a couple of quid via Patreon). I’ve started listening to both presenters’ other shows, and am enjoying Why Are Dads? even though I have no dad issues. They (Sarah from YWA and her friend Alex, often with a guest) talk about dads/dad themes in films.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Sadly, since Jay Rayner was very rude to a friend of mine, I cannot listen to him :ttth:

I'm listening to Even The Rich, two friends dissect the relationships of the rich - the Murdoch, Jay-Z and Beyonce, The Windsor etc. Enjoyable trash.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ooh, what did he say, Del?

I've been listening to I'm Not A Monster from the BBC which is one of those truth is stranger than fiction podcasts.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:46 am Sadly, since Jay Rayner was very rude to a friend of mine, I cannot listen to him :ttth:
Ooh, I'm prepared to be outraged.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

She deals with him in a professional context and he is not nice in general. Such a disappointment.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oh, what an arse. As you say, disappointing. :shake:
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Oh no, that's ruined it then, bastard Jay Rayner!
Heartsick.blog