Netflix human recommendations

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Lily »

The new series is "based" on the books so basically they've just taken all sorts of liberties with it. I hated it.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

Luce wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:15 pm I absolutely love Brooklyn Nine Nine. F has now spent his isolation watching the whole thing from the beginning. Its good for him to see that you can be funny and not sexist/racist/misogynistic.
A huge thank you for reminding me of this! I've been watching it with D (11) and Mr D (who hasn't seen it before). They both absolutely love it – thank goodness there are 6 seasons as it'll keep us going for a while.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Lily wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:54 am It's not on Netflix but I've absolutely adored Ghosts on iPlayer.
Thank you for this, I would never have discovered it myself. I loved the first episode!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm v pleased. :)
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

The Rise of Skywalker is going to be released on Disney+ on actual Star Wars Day! That made me smile a little.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just finished the first series on Deep State on Nowtv, and it was absolutely brilliant.

It's icky on there for another week and a half but only 8 episodes, and well worth it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I also saw that Han Solo film at the weekend, it was much better than I expected it to be.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’ve just binged the new series of afterlife. It’s so funny and 😭 at the same time.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I started Normal People on iPlayer last night. It was cute but also made me feel quite tearful. I wish I'd read the book first.

I'm also watching Innocence Files on Netflix, about people wrongly accused of crimes. It's good but I've watched a lot of that kind of thing lately and am a bit bored of it.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

emma_p wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:56 am S found me a really terrible film to watch on Netflix last night. Love Wedding Repeat. It was so bad it was good, exactly kind of mindless crap he knows I (and secretly he) love to watch. It has Sloane in it from Newsroom! :hbeat: It’s so predictable and low budget and some of the acting is awful. Just what I needed! :))
I watched this today - as you say so bad it was good. Straight after I watched (Netflix) Ladies in Black (Australian set in 1959 with Julia Ormond - gorgeous - totally loved it
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Toast wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:53 pm I'm also watching Innocence Files on Netflix, about people wrongly accused of crimes. It's good but I've watched a lot of that kind of thing lately and am a bit bored of it.
We finished this tonight and like you, I thought it was good but I feel like I've seen a lot of similar stuff recently.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

Toast wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:53 pm I started Normal People on iPlayer last night. It was cute but also made me feel quite tearful. I wish I'd read the book first.
I put this in my daily thread but we've watched three of them and I'm in love with it. It's so raw. S says its uncomfortable. The two main actors, in fact, all the actors, are so good.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

It can be uncomfortable, I agree. I don't want to say too much in case I put an idea in someone's head but there is something I find a bit off-putting about it that isn't just that. I'm still watching though :)

I can't work out what age group it's aimed at, whether it's YA or not.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I think it’s definitely YA but then I’m not YA and really liking it.

I’ve not read the book, but I find the series so far really moving and I like how it treats teenage first love as being quite real with all it’s problems and insecurities. I think the actors are great too.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'd not thought about that, but it's really true. Usually if I watch teen romances now I'm a bit eye-roll-y but you live and breath this with them, it makes you remember how important and all consuming it felt.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Never Have I Ever (Netflix) is absolutely lovely, highly recommend.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I started Normal People last night (just watched the first one) It is very lovely.

I’m also watching the Michael Jordan documentary which is good if you have an interest in the NBA.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I've only got one episdoe of Normal People left which I'm sad about. I've been listening to the soundtrack this afternoon, it makes for good background music.

I like the look of Never Have I Ever, thanks for the recommendation.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m on episode 5 of Normal People and just realised where I recognise Lorraine from. Dublin Murders! Rachel was in it too.

It is really bringing back teen love :cry:

Eta Alison Moyet :cry: :cry:
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

I read a really interesting article yesterday about how different the TV series is to the book and how that has struck a chord with people of our generation and also with the current lockdown. I'll see if I can find it so I don't spoiler.

In other news, I decided to realise a long-held dream and am watching ER from the start. I've just checked and there's 15 seasons of it!